Author Topic: Homecoming Server Update (May 7th): Many news!  (Read 11315 times)

CR Tempest

• Community Manager
  • Game Master
  • Influence: 17
  • Global Handle: @GMTempest
Homecoming Server Update (May 7th): Many news!
« on: May 07, 2019, 08:06:09 am »
Hello, everyone!

It’s that time again, we’re here to provide you with some news and information about our ongoing plotsplans. This is not going to be a small bite-sized bit of information, so buckle in, we’re going for a ride!

HALCYON (coming soontm)
We have a new shard coming online soon to help balance out the load. This shard will be possibly temporary, a stop-gap solution to provide some additional room for you to help avoid the Queue debuff. This Possibly Temporary Server (see what I did there?) will be coming up…right about...now!

In the event that we decide to shut the shard down, we will give you a full seven-day notice so you have plenty of time to collect your things, pack up, and transfer your characters to another shard.

This shard cannot be confirmed or denied to be the Official Unofficial server for the Banana Republic.

SERVER TRANSFERS AND XP BONUSES
We have now re-enabled server transfers. The bug has been found, quarantined, and sprayed with RAID. Let us know if you run into any further issues, we’ll be monitoring the situation in the event more adjustments need to be made. This feature may be disabled again in the event we need to adjust it, so please bear with us in the event we must fix it!

XP bonuses have been normalized across the board. That’s +50% XP above standard for all shards! Still plenty of leveling to get done, get out there!

AE Nerfs are still in effect, this -50% debuff to AE XP will continue to remain until otherwise notified in announcements in here or Discord, this is an effort to prevent overloading the server with excess AE instances. We will adjust this moving forward at a later time.

COSTUME CONTEST WINNERS
This was a tough one! We went through a lot of your costumes, and we really have to say there were some truly fantastic ones out there. It took us a good bit of time to select the winners, but we have something for you now!

Kenwe has won…FIRST PLACE! For a truly Heroic costume, Kenwe will be awarded the Honorable Hero title in-game, The Fashion Victim badge, and 200 Reward merits!

Harvest has won…FIRST PLACE! For one of the most unique and inventive costumes we’ve ever seen, Harvest will be awarded the Costume Cultivator title in-game, The Fashion Victim badge, and 200 Reward merits!

LycraBoy has won…FIRST PLACE! For a truly magnificent villainous look, we award LycraBoy with the Magnificently Maleficent title in-game, The Fashion Victim badge, and 200 Reward merits!

Three costumes so fantastic we couldn’t decide which should get the gold, so we’ve ended up with a three-way tie for First Place. Heck of a way to start our first costume contest, you really gave us some truly fantastic ones to choose from!

PATCH NOTES
And now for something that’s a little more cut and drier, patch notes from our latest patch to the server that should hopefully possibly maybe arrive later today!

GENERAL
  • There was an issue with Respecs granted from leveling badges; they were following the old limit of holding a maximum of 3 respecs at a time, which means you got the respec for levels 10, 20 and 30 but not 40 and 50. This should be fixed now
  • Added free respec for all due to the cooldown issue and the level 40 badge not awarding a respec (may take a day or two to arrive)
  • Fixed the infinite cooldown bug affecting some powers
  • Polished the Foorls
TASKS
  • Arcs marked Developer's Choice in Architect Entertainment will no longer be affected by the Architect XP reduction (This is an experimental change, and may not work as expected - in the event of bugs, we’ll work on fixes)
  • The minimum level for Positron TF Part 1 has been lowered to 8
BADGES
  • As the #badge-hoarders have noted, Echo: Faultline did not have any exploration badges. This patch fixes that oversight, returning three badges that were in the original Faultline zone before Issue 8 to Echo: Faultline, and adding 8 new exploration badges and a zone accolade
  • Moved "Newsman", "Faultless Mystic" and "Apex" from Faultline to Echo: Faultline
  • Added "Riveting", "Upcycled" and "Rock Bottom" to Faultline
  • Added "Forsaken", "Pristine", "Claim Denied", "Spare Parts" and "Dug Too Deep" to Echo: Faultline
  • Added "Epicenter", Echo: Faultline zone accolade.
  • Added "Fashion Victim" for spending 50,000,000 inf on the tailor. Rewards a Free tailor token for your trouble
FINAL THOUGHTS
Honestly and truly, everyone, it has been a heck of a ride. From finding out City of Heroes wasn’t dead anymore, to seeing the title screen on my computer again, to becoming your Community Manager, I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing this has been for me. Through rough times and fun times alike, I have watched this community grow and shift, and I can’t tell you how proud I am of all of you, that you all have come so far, and of how amazing it is to be part of a team bringing it back to you now. To say this was a dream of mine is to understate how much I have adored this game, and the community it once held.

I can only now hope that we’re going to keep growing, that we’ll keep showing everyone who once saved Paragon City that the Heroes (and Villains!) are back in town.

Keep being the amazing community I know you all are capable of being.

Now that I’ve kept you busy reading all of this, I have one last thing for you to do:
Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls.

- The Homecoming Team
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 12:02:23 pm by GM Jimmy »

danishstallion

• Influence: 0
  • Global Handle: Danish
Re: Homecoming Server Update (May 7th): Many news!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 08:15:11 am »
I love you and thank you so much :)

I-Dirty

• Influence: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 08:15:54 am »
Im so happy to be back.

Being a retired Fire Fighter/Paramedic I love spending my days playing this game.

Thank you very very much for bringing it back

dabruuzer

• Influence: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 08:17:59 am »
Thank you, to everyone who has contributed, the whole Homecoming team, to those that broke the code, and on and on.  Please keep it up, and I look forward to the day when we normies can contribute to this effort.

Dragone

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 08:20:01 am »
Words fall woefully short in expressing my wifes and my gratitude for all the hard work you and your team are doing! Thank you for bringing our City back to life!

Hysuma

• Influence: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 08:20:09 am »
I know this post won't be popular, even hated I would say... But why do we have to have +bonus on xp? I want to play the game the way it was suposed to be.

And I don't like either the supresion of prestige for SG's in exchange of unlimited decoration stuff for bases.

I want to feel the achievement of earning my stuff with all the effort it required in the old days. And I don't think this free bonuses benefit anybody, not even the ones that can't resist the rush of reaching top level in a breath.

Balzaimon

• Global Handle: Balzaimon
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 08:22:31 am »
Thanks for bringing back this amazing game! Those costumes are simply amazing, looking forward to more costumes, more missions and more fun.

devil360

• Global Handle: nerd
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 08:22:37 am »
Im so happy to be back.

Being a retired Fire Fighter/Paramedic I love spending my days playing this game.

Thank you for your service sir..

Ayin

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 08:27:52 am »
Congrats to all winners!
Thank u for giving us the opportunity to play this game again after ~10 yrs!  ;D

jkwak

• Influence: 5
  • Global Handle: JKwak
  • Original Server(s): Zukunft
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 08:31:31 am »
HALCYON
We have a new shard coming online soon to help balance out the load. This shard will be possibly temporary, a stop-gap solution to provide some additional room for you to help avoid the Queue debuff. This Possibly Temporary Server (see what I did there?) will be coming up…right about...now!

In the event that we decide to shut the shard down, we will give you a full seven-day notice so you have plenty of time to collect your things, pack up, and transfer your characters to another shard.
so at my time zone i have no Queue (or at least a verry short Queue) for most of the time i want to play,
are there other reasons i should switch over to Halycon?

But why do we have to have +bonus on xp?
i think the intention behind is to make up for the lost 7 years without COH

Im so happy to be back.

a Hero playing a game about Heroes.
back to the Zukunft

Ellis

• Influence: 1
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 08:48:12 am »
Thank you so much, for not only giving me a chance to play with everyone again, but to also be able to share it with those who never had the chance to do so when the game was live.

Carolingian1

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 08:49:13 am »
Thank all of you for your hard work in reviving one of the best games online...I never found one to compare in the 6.5 years it was gone. I'm so happy to be home and be back with my friends again, it's so nice to once again Save Paragon City !!!

Obsidius

• Influence: 11
  • Global Handle: @Obsidius
  • Original Server(s): Triumph
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 08:50:24 am »
I LOVE YOU 3000
Obsidius
Excelsior Server | The Nightwatch
NW-738

nowherewoman

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 08:50:44 am »
Hail Arachnos!

And you folks!

There are no words for the joy produced by having this back online, and alive.

VincentCross

• Global Handle: VincentCross
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 09:07:08 am »
Thank you all so much for all you do. This game was always a pleasure to play with my friends and community. When it went away all I could do was dwell on fun times. Now my friends and I have begun a new chapter :). Thank you all again from all of us at Team Tomorrow.