Homecoming Server Update (May 14th): The Move

GM Tempest

• Game Master

Hello, everyone!

OVH Move: Thursday! (Probably)

After a continued tug-of-war with PayPal we’ve finally managed to place the final order with OVH, and it looks like we’re on track for completing the server migration on Thursday evening, with a possibility of Thursday morning if our hardware installs go smoothly.

Here are the key facts for you:

• Downtime could be up to 6 hours, but we are expecting it to be significantly less
  • There’s a small chance it may slip to later in the week if any unexpected issues crop up
  • Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting, and Indomitable are moving from The Netherlands to Canada
  • Halcyon is moving from The Netherlands to Germany, and will be renamed to Reunion (EU), and become the official EU shard (see here for a further explanation)
  • Halcyon / Reunion is no longer a ‘temporary’ shard, it’s here to stay
  • All 5 shards will still remain together with the same account system, shared auction house, etc - the only difference is the physical location
  • We will be granting additional character transfer tokens to allow players to move to/from Reunion
  • After the move, we will be enabling chat logging to deal with reports of harassment (see here for a further explanation)
  • All shards will have their XP rate set to x1.0
  • The patch with custom XP rates will be deployed alongside the migration (see here for a further explanation)
  • The Architect Entertainment server is being wiped to resolve data corruption (see here for a further explanation)
  • NO OTHER DATA IS BEING WIPED, YOUR CHARACTERS ARE SAFE

Support, Suggestions, Bugs, etc

We wanted to clarify where to go and what to do in the event you run into issues, want to give us suggestions, report bugs, or look for support:

• Server stability or status reports should go to the  #report-server-issues channel on Discord
  • Bugs you’ve found should be reported in our Bug Reports section of the forum
  • We have a Suggestions forum for you to suggest additions or balance changes to the game!
  • The feedback that doesn’t fit in the context of the game itself should go to the  #homecoming-feedback channel on Discord
  • Support requests not related to the above should go to our Support portal!

Respecs

We’ve enabled free respecs to make up for the bug which caused the level 40 & 50 badges to not grant their free respec. You must log your character in to claim this respec. Each character will be awarded one respec.

Free respecs will continue to be granted until Wednesday the 22nd of May, and will be turned off shortly afterward. GMs will not be awarding any more free respecs from this point onwards.

Badge Contest

We have a badge contest underway! The PVP zones only have about 3 or 4 exploration badges each at the moment, and it would be nice to bring the total to 8 exploration badges for each and add an exploration accolade like most other zones have. Have you seen an interesting sight or a lore-rich area in a PVP zone that deserves an exploration badge? Then post your suggestions here!

Prizes for any names, descriptions, and/or locations we use (1 set of prizes per badge):

1x Gold Title "I Made a Badge!" on a character of your choice

100x Reward Merits

1x Heroes & Villains Super Booster

1x Rogues & Vigilantes Super Booster

Costume Contest Winners

Some of the winners from the costume contest we held on the forum still haven’t collected their prizes! Please get in touch with GM Miss either on Discord (Miss#1337) or the forum in order to arrange collection.

Community Release - Server API

We’re happy to announce our first Community Release! The API we use to provide our stats page is now available at https://github.com/homecoming-team/ServerAPI!

Top news!

Thursday morning your side of the world or Thursday morning EU side?  I guess the former.

Just trying to plan my Thursday evening :)

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Is there any chance we'll ever get a "Meet the team" post? I'd be curious to know who our benefactors are, personality-wise and what their roles are. I can understand not wanting to release personally identifying information for legal reasons, I was just talking about, say, your in-game or in-forum "characters".

I'm out.

Will AE xp go back to normal? 🧐

AE is staying at -50% expect of dev picks they will be at normal server rate -50% is the new normal.

From the last post about the server move:

To clarify, this means the base XP rate of all shards will be dropped back to the default 100%. This also means that Patrol XP will work again (it’s incompatible with server-wide XP buffs). AE XP will still remain halved for all non-dev choice content.

I'm wondering if we are looking at possibly adding another server anytime in the near future, I have been noticing a lot of days lately were the main four servers are on a heavy load and the only one that looks like it has room to spare is Halcyon ?

Something I'll have to consider. When I started with CoH, I was still living in the US. But, now I'm in the EU and will likely remain here for the distant future.

I wonder what kind of lag I'll be dealing with when my Torch/Excels toons are moved to Canada from the Netherlands? I wonder if the EU population would make it worth it to move them to Halcyon.  :o

I've had difficulties with each patch, that took me hours/days to figure out (version and error messages, manifest troubles), Alienware laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium (until some of the new hero games come online and I buy a new system).  Will the new patch work with the current manifest? (If that's an acceptable question, you can tell I'm iffy in the downloading game part).

Many thanks.

Something I'll have to consider. When I started with CoH, I was still living in the US. But, now I'm in the EU and will likely remain here for the distant future.

I wonder what kind of lag I'll be dealing with when my Torch/Excels toons are moved to Canada from the Netherlands? I wonder if the EU population would make it worth it to move them to Halcyon.  :o

I'm in the states and wouldn't even know the servers are not on the continent if we hadn't been told. Hopefully the reverse will be true for you guys.

"Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting, and Indomitable are moving from The Netherlands to Canada"

I wasn't even aware the servers were overseas and I am in Canada.

I've been okay with the response time so far but will no doubt see an improvement once they move here.

Best of luck in your server migration.

Default 100% XP means it'll go back to the double XP rate then?

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

No. The XP rates will be set back to normal (so no boost). You will be able to increase your XP rates by either 25%, 50% or 100% but doing so will decrease your Inf earning rate by the same amount.

Defender Smash!

Maybe a silly question, but yet I have found no answer : when you transfer a character who leads a supergroup, are the SG and the base transferred (or is there a particular order in order to transfer them)?

superG2.png

Maybe a silly question, but yet I have found no answer : when you transfer a character who leads a supergroup, are the SG and the base transferred (or is there a particular order in order to transfer them)?

Nope you cant transfer the SG you have to start over what will happen is the SG Lead will go to the next rank down if its a 1 man band it will get deleted.

Nope. Think of it like this Default 100% Base XP = 1.0 as stated by Tempest

XP Bonus of:

25%  = x1.25 - 25% Influence Loss

50%  = x1.50 - 50% Influence Loss

100% = x2.0 - No Influence Gain

You could look at it as 200% XP gain(for double XP) if you were to ignore the fact of the servers default value in general which is a baseline. Always take into account your already getting 100% "x1.0" rate of XP.