What are you using for floors for multistory?

Greyhawke

What is everyone using for floors on multistory builds? I have tried using floor plates, but they are of course invisible on the bottom, as are wood surfaces. I have also tried flipping additional plates over, which works but is very tedious and takes twice the number of base items. I seem to remember using desks or counters in days past, but I want to make sure I am not making it three times as hard for no reason.

(Some suggestions from Discord were using dock platforms and metal dividers. This is what I am working with at the moment, but wanted to see what others have used).

In the past we used to use desks. While these showed top and bottom, there are 32 desks per floor tile (or large brick plate), or 2 per floor plate (as named under Surfaces). You're better off using the flooring under Surfaces if you're looking to reduce the number of items.

You can also use the Very Large Brick Plate for ceilings with the Wood Floor for the floor above, or vice versa.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

I'm using the thicker wooden docks from about half-way down the Landscape tab... But then, I'm building a pavilion-style thing out on open water. For a more enclosed space, like a regular building, I'd go for the thinner dock parts nearer the beginning of the list.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

There is a little square gray item under Surfaces that is visible from above and below. Granted it's a tile... so takes a lot to use... but it works for my purposes. To lay them out faster, I levitate the Glass Floor (which operates like a floor for placing items on once it's up) and then lay out the tiles. Much faster. The Arachnos flooring does the same.

Old-school, my go-to for tech bases was floor safes. It made for an interesting textured underside, and sounded like a metal floor when walked on. For wood floors, yeah, desks.

And if you don't like any of the fabulous railings they now provide, desk lamps (off) properly lined up make a lovely substitute. (Soooo many desk lamps...)