Plan in motion, Dr. Q.

Steam_InGen

Been putting some thought into this and I plan to run a Dr. Q here real soon, within a week soon. I'll hammer out a date once I get enough people who are on board, have the time, (roughly 2 to 3 hours) and have a character high enough level (40+). As reward, there are a few. This taskforce is 122 merits, you get the portal smasher badge and the right to brag that you were one of the first if not the first group to do this taskforce after relaunch. I don't know about others very much, but I wouldn't mind that right. I run taskforces on the regular, I'm sure some of you will know my name, so you know you got a good leader running it. I leave the rest to you guys, let me know.

I'm not going to lie this is a huge time sink, so I figured I'd post a little about the tf to give an outline and somethings that will speed things a long.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Dr._Quaterfield_Task_Force

This is site I'll be using to keep everyone informed on the missions and how far a long we are.

There are a few items that will make this tf a lot smoother and more peeps that have them the better.

The list goes as follows:

Summon Teammates- https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Summon_Teammates

The p2w vendor has 3 tp powers and the Base tp:

Assemble the team

Base transporter

Mission Transporter

The last one I'm not sure many will want to get since it's 10 million inf, but

Team Transporter

These 4 powers alone will really shorten this tf a lot. Being lvl 50 and IO'd out a little bit will help things along. If anyone has more tips, please feel free to share them.

Updates:

Roughly 2 to 3 hours.

Today, wednesday june 5, 7pm eastern.

Willing people:

EmperorSteele-

DocMidknight-

Sothoth- Grey Scale(emp/dark def)

MacguyverBond (if high enough level)- Scrapper

HoundsTooth-

wymorr- Healer! :D

Wondering Wizard- (Fire/kin Corr)

Ozium-

Also if everyone could post their AT that would help.

Until the world goes cold, nothing will keep me from this throne, I'll fight.

Not sure if it matters to you or not by Dr Q is the WST starting June 3.

That works out to be more merits then I can count on both hands and that's a lot.

That helps a lot actually. So let's plan around that.

Until the world goes cold, nothing will keep me from this throne, I'll fight.

I ran with a guy who said he did Dr Q in about 90 minutes. If everyone has mission teleporter, assemble the team, team transporter, flight and incarnates, it can be done quickly.

I'd be happy to run this on Grey Scale

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

There was a group on Justice that used to run Dr. Q to the point they had it down to a science.  I remember because I'd always heard how long that tf was, but it went quickly the one time I participated.

It's been so long, I don't remember their specific strategies, though team tps definitely figured into it.  I'm not sure about the 90 min claim, but I'm pretty sure they were able to cut it down to just 2-3 hrs. 

There was a group on Justice that used to run Dr. Q to the point they had it down to a science.  I remember because I'd always heard how long that tf was, but it went quickly the one time I participated.

It's been so long, I don't remember their specific strategies, though team tps definitely figured into it.  I'm not sure about the 90 min claim, but I'm pretty sure they were able to cut it down to just 2-3 hrs.

I've got a screenshot of us finishing in like... 2.5 hours? I know it's possible to do it faster and I don't think team TP was a thing yet, but clever use of Ouro portals, base TP, Pocket D TP, and mission TP plus Assemble the Team make it possible. Helps to be able to steamroll everything once you're in the missions too.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

I've got a screenshot of us finishing in like... 2.5 hours? I know it's possible to do it faster and I don't think team TP was a thing yet, but clever use of Ouro portals, base TP, Pocket D TP, and mission TP plus Assemble the Team make it possible. Helps to be able to steamroll everything once you're in the missions too.

Are there mishes that can be stealthed?

Are there mishes that can be stealthed?

If I remember correctly it's a lot of kill all missions in caves. But if you have incarnates you should be able to nuke your way through it

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

I ran with a guy who said he did Dr Q in about 90 minutes. If everyone has mission teleporter, assemble the team, team transporter, flight and incarnates, it can be done quickly.

I'd be happy to run this on Grey Scale

Solo, took me about 4 hrs ‘cold’ - no prep, no prior knowledge.  I dont recommend this, other than in a ‘because it was there’ sort of way.

I can see 90 as quite doable, maybe even less with prepositioning and cunning planning.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Ran Dr Q Saturday. We all had the teleport powers, all incarnates. Fairly casual, we weren't trying to speed run, and we did it in 3.5 hours.

Only half the team needs the teleport powers.

Just finished a run, did it in 1 hour 57 minutes. One team transported, a few individual mission telepoorters, ouroborus portals, and a dps heavy team w/ incarnates to take out mobs quickly. Lucky I got in on it (7-person team as well).

coh-dr-q-sub-2-hours.png