Farming Merits

Murcielago

I have forgotten what the most efficient way to gaining merits were. Last I recall I used to do ITF speed runs at least once a day but can't remember past that. Do you have any mission arcs that you run that offer a nice time vs reward ratio?

Old posi and sister p in ouro are back to their original merit number. The old Maria Jenkins arc at 60 is a pretty good return now. If you've got friends with you the old ITF/lgtf/lrsf/barracuda speed gauntlet is good. Silver mantis, Morty Kal, tree-fecta are still good merit/minute speedy. And with the breaks taken out of the hero side respecs those are really good, and actually fun now.

dark astoria repeatable, 2 merits every 20 hours, 1 merit otherwise. can be very fast, as your full incarnate shifts apply there.

'who will die' arcs from oro, fairly short and fast, give decent reward. and its a 7-parter, so 7 daily rewards to earn. its spread across the levels as well.

Old posi and sister p in ouro are back to their original merit number. The old Maria Jenkins arc at 60 is a pretty good return now. If you've got friends with you the old ITF/lgtf/lrsf/barracuda speed gauntlet is good. Silver mantis, Morty Kal, tree-fecta are still good merit/minute speedy. And with the breaks taken out of the hero side respecs those are really good, and actually fun now.

I totally forgot you can run the old TFs in Ouro!

Rikti ship raid is by far the fastest.

100+ merits for about 40 minutes of work.

EZ as long as you can keep people from spawning lore pets, edge fighting, and have a couple of brutes/tanks pulling into the massed AOE ball.

100+ merits for about 40 minutes of work.

EZ as long as you can keep people from spawning lore pets, edge fighting, and have a couple of brutes/tanks pulling into the massed AOE ball.

I may not be remembering well, because frankly I don't even remember most TF's, but didnt this need a lot of people to do? Like 2 or 3 full groups?

I may not be remembering well, because frankly I don't even remember most TF's, but didnt this need a lot of people to do? Like 2 or 3 full groups?

Yes, but the good news is, you can usually find that many. At least on weekends. Just watch the Looking For Group channel for people callling for "MSR" (MotherShip Raid). It's kind of like a high-level version of DFB, it gets called out so often. :) There were so many of them running on Sunday on Torchbearer across multiple zones that the zones kept crashing.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

Quick question the mothership is dropping regular not vanguard merits?

I know vanguard merits were mostly used for costume pieces that are now unlocked but 300 of them gives you a salvage inventory boost so I need them noooowwwwww.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I know vanguard merits were mostly used for costume pieces that are now unlocked but 300 of them gives you a salvage inventory boost so I need them noooowwwwww.

Mothership raid drops Vanguard merits, around 1000 of them per run.

Then, at the Reward Merit vendor, under "Convert," you can convert them to Reward Merits at a rate of 10:1 -- that is, 100 Vanguard merits = 10 Reward merits. So that's 100 Reward Merits per Mothership Raid. Not a bad reward for 40 minutes of standing in one place and mashing attack buttons.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

It only gives vanguard merits if you have joined th vanguard.

Vanguard costume pieces no longer need merits but vanguard temp powers like their giant robot require vanguard merits to purchase. Otherwise go to a merit vendor and convert vanguard merits to reward merit at a ten to one ratio

I joined a MSR tonight but it was screwy. My level 36 character did not get sidekicked up to the team leader who was 50+2. Someone said sometimes you have to rejoin teams (that's new...) I dropped and crashed and eventually got back in and got on the team and ...still not SK'd. What's up with that?

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I joined a MSR tonight but it was screwy. My level 36 character did not get sidekicked up to the team leader who was 50+2. Someone said sometimes you have to rejoin teams (that's new...) I dropped and crashed and eventually got back in and got on the team and ...still not SK'd. What's up with that?

There's a bug where in League mode it looks like you're on a team, but if you switch to team mode it might show that you aren't really on that team.  I was on a raid the other day where 3 of the people on our team weren't actually on the team when I switched to team mode, and they all had that kind of sk problem.

• Like 1

How do you do this?  I've run a lot of Ouro missions, but I have never seen the old TF's.  I must be missing something.

How do you do this?  I've run a lot of Ouro missions, but I have never seen the old TF's.  I must be missing something.

The TFs are listed as if they were story arcs.  Most people never knew the actual names of the TFs, since they were almost universally referred to by the contact that starts them.  So the original Positron Task Force is listed as "The New Recruits" under the Ouroboros Level 1-14 tier.  You probably never noticed that it was there.  I confess that I didn't recognize it as "Old Posi" at first either. ;)

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

The TFs are listed as if they were story arcs.  Most people never knew the actual names of the TFs, since they were almost universally referred to by the contact that starts them.  So the original Positron Task Force is listed as "The New Recruits" under the Ouroboros Level 1-14 tier.  You probably never noticed that it was there.  I confess that I didn't recognize it as "Old Posi" at first either. ;)

Wow, that's hilarious.  I've actually done that arc and was surprised by its length, but didn't realize what it was.  Lol at me.

• 3 weeks later

What I found best for merits was the sig story arcs. 20 merits for typically a very short time.

And don't do these in groups, it just makes things take longer. Not necessarily in the mission, but in forming. It's a chore. Waiting for this person and that; "how do I get there?" etc.

For example: Theoden, the contact in Skyway for the first sig arc story. All you need is a few purples and you're gold.

First mission - you only have to kill 1-2 bad guys. A mage and maybe a minion.

Then you leave out the door to the left of the one you entered and make your way out from there. A "reveal" temp power makes this about idiot proof.

Second mission: you just run past the igneous; you see the glowie in the dirt, you pop a luck or two, click. With added defense, they'll miss. Worst case, because you were smart enough to set your notoriety to 1/0, you only have to kill 2 bad guys. Then proceed to the Lost Boss. Kill him and one other bad guy, exit.

Third mission - hop/fly/run to the back island, and beat 3-4 igneous, and the bad guy. If you have flight, it's super easy. If not - he uses Flurry more than not and whiffs half the time. When he's dead, they send a scrapper and some CoT - maybe 3. Clobber them, a cut scene, and then it's over.

20 merits for 9-11 minutes. Granted, some more aggressive players can finish an ITF that fast and get a few more merits - but they lose on the time it takes to recruit.

The other Sig Story arcs are not as short, but most all of them can be done in about 30 minutes or less (I have not done the second line of story arcs  - only speaking of the first series)

• Like 2

Yeah I like to run that one once in a while, 20 merits in about 10 minutes of work is very good.

My favorite Ouro arc is Freakshow Wars.  It has 8 missions, 3 of which are kill all.  The others you can stealth to objectives and move pretty fast, and the last mission you have to kind of know what to look for, but the room with just 2 Lts fighting each other by themselves is the boss room you have to clear.  The whole arc is 55 merits and I can do it in less than an hour usually.

For the Dreck map mission, you just need to fly or superspeed around until you find the two negotiators.  I usually use a keybind to target "negotiator", such as /bind X "targetcustomnext enemy negotiator"  They seem to spawn at some point after you've entered the mission, so they may appear in a spot after you've gone past it once.  But they talk when they appear or you're near them, so that's a clue.

• Like 1

That’s weird. The other day I was lvl 42 running with a team doing lvl 50 missions. When the team disbanded I was still sidekicked to lvl 49 as a solo. I was able to street sweep lvl 50’s as a lvl 42 in PI and got awesome xp!

Originally from Dark Revolution villain SG on Champion- hit me up if you were too!

Currently on Everlasting as:

CC- Charge  (lvl 50 SS/Elec Brute)

For the Dreck map mission, you just need to fly or superspeed around until you find the two negotiators.  I usually use a keybind to target "negotiator", such as /bind X "targetcustomnext enemy negotiator"  They seem to spawn at some point after you've entered the mission, so they may appear in a spot after you've gone past it once.  But they talk when they appear or you're near them, so that's a clue.

I started that arc on my 38 elec/shield scrap. I'm sure at some point i'll actually want to finish the dreck map but right now i'm too busy pl'ing myself on it :P

Been running quite a few ouro mishes to level up solo at my leisure. Most if not all of them are good merit/minute now after having their merits increased across the board. I'm at 630 something on the scrap and I think the only tf he ran was moonfire.