What are your favorite City of Heroes "Dad jokes"?

At this point, I think hearing someone say "Swipe left!" when fighting Tinder in DFB has reached dad-joke levels of groanworthy.

I want them to add a secret badge for getting through a DFB without someone making a Tinder joke.

I did about 12 yesterday over the course of the day on several toons... I'm pretty sure it's impossible, but more testing is needed. What I found funny is that whether it was left or right was not consistent. Some people like them horny.  ;D

Posi part 1 TF sewer mission with vaz and a couple plant trollers on team

one player comments "only way to make Vaz more disgusting? add mushrooms growing out of them."

yours truly adds in " Nah that only makes them more Fun Gis"

;D

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

At this point, I think hearing someone say "Swipe left!" when fighting Tinder in DFB has reached dad-joke levels of groanworthy.

I want them to add a secret badge for getting through a DFB without someone making a Tinder joke.

Huh, I have yet to see one, your mention here is the first time it even entered my brain.

Married 25 years, not a cheater...so I guess I am not in the demographic...

• 2 weeks later

Not quite a dad joke, but I shout "WHERE'S FRANCIS" everytime I see an 'Ajax' Warrior.

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

Why do so many people with Animal Avatars choose Savage Melee?

Because its really Pawsome!  ;D

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

While Running a Positron 2 TF, one of the players complained I really HATE clockwork!  So I asked, Why do clockwork get you so wound up?  You needs to FACE your fears and HANDs down you will be better off for it.

I also like, BE sure to put on your Gear Goggles when fighting Clock work.     And finally, Gear, Helping Nerds get some since 2006.

Edited by Banazirgalasbor

On 6/10/2019 at 8:59 AM, Xionian said:

I did about 12 yesterday over the course of the day on several toons... I'm pretty sure it's impossible, but more testing is needed. What I found funny is that whether it was left or right was not consistent. Some people like them horny.  ;D

I haven't seen a Tinder joke recently doing DFB.  They were on fire when I started.  Ba Dum Tss!

Then I went on to Positron 1 and the Vahz hurt so bad, I needed an Epidural.  Ba Dum Tss!

I did Synapse next, I bet you wish you could Surpressor these jokes, but it's going to be a Long Tom.  Ba Dum Tss!

By the time I got to Ms. Liberty, I was feeling pretty Sardonic.  (that one doesn't even deserve a Ba!)

Someone made a comment about Tinder's brother in a TF, but I can't find his name or the TF now, Match or Grinder or something?

There's also all the great Fr3ksh0w names in the game, ah leetspeak, who'da thought the freaks were living in the past.

One more:

A hellion a skull and a clockwork walk into a bar, the bartender says "It's a hot time in the old town tonight!"  Ba Dum Tss!

I am a dad, so all my jokes are dad jokes.