Torchbearer no longer the champ?

Abraxus

I've been watching the numbers, and it seems that Excelsior has consistently been more heavily populated over at least the past week, than Torchbearer, which was surprising.  Torchbearer was always the most populated since the second iteration of the re-launch.  I guess the availability of character transfers has finally had the effect of evening things out.

What was no more, is REBORN!

I've been watching the numbers, and it seems that Excelsior has consistently been more heavily populated over at least the past week, than Torchbearer, which was surprising.  Torchbearer was always the most populated since the second iteration of the re-launch.  I guess the availability of character transfers has finally had the effect of evening things out.

This matches my observations as well. And it makes sense. Torch will be home for many, for many reasons, but people flock to other servers because of things like lighter load, etc. What we're seeing now is the waves hitting the sides of the pool now that everyone seems to be settling. The same will likely happen whenever a new server pops up. For example, if they manage to get regional servers up (language based, etc), then you're likely to see another spilling effect. It's great for load balancing (the original point of the servers) as well.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

I'm just glad that we have these servers to play on. Makes no difference to me which one has the highest pop since I play with my friends regardless of which server they're on.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Torchbearer was the original one back in April.  People are rolling characters on all the servers now.  I invested too deeply in Torchbearer to really want to move any of my characters to a different server, especially because Torchbearer has mo most elaborate and developed thematic SG base; it's become home to the Amazon characters that are usually my mains.  But I think I have one character on all of the servers except Reunion.  If I have one, it will be a tanker.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Torchbearer was the original one back in April.  People are rolling characters on all the servers now.  I invested too deeply in Torchbearer to really want to move any of my characters to a different server, especially because Torchbearer has mo most elaborate and developed thematic SG base; it's become home to the Amazon characters that are usually my mains.  But I think I have one character on all of the servers except Reunion.  If I have one, it will be a tanker.

Yeah, I think things have started to level out since the new shards were introduced.  I'm just overjoyed to see the game flourishing as it is.  It surely went before its time, and now that it's back, I think the level of support from the players across all of the various CoH projects that have sprung up, are a pure testament to the fact that this game was too good to keep down.  There was nothing like it back in the day, and there is still nothing like it.  It has it's own place in the gaming world, and now that place is cemented forever!

• 3 months later
1 hour ago, Abraxus said:

Looking at the numbers tonight, Torchbearer sitting just over 500.  Granted, Tuesday is probably not considered prime-time.  But, the summer slide in numbers has definitely continued. 🤔

Yep. 1,500 is the magic number for dual boxing. That use to be a issue. Not anymore. 

I've been meaning to set up another account since it's so hard to get teams red side.

I didn't realize Torch was the "first" sever. I only set up here because the Reconnect Forum suggested that most of the folks from my "live" server were coming here. 

10 hours ago, Abraxus said:

Looking at the numbers tonight, Torchbearer sitting just over 500.  Granted, Tuesday is probably not considered prime-time.  But, the summer slide in numbers has definitely continued. 🤔

I kill you in fire farms a lot. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kiramon said:

I kill you in fire farms a lot. 

Yeah, I do that too.  It's kind of weird, but somehow enjoyable at the same time.  I actually have 4 or 5 characters in there, so you're killing them too! 😉😎

On 6/25/2019 at 4:08 PM, Heraclea said:

Does this make Torchbearer the unofficial Base Builder's Server?

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:08 PM, Heraclea said:

Back then we really didn't know if we'd have More servers anyway I'd think. Well, not at a player level that is.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)