Scrapper's Strike vs Critical Strikes

sushiloving123

They're not mutually exclusive, so it's not clear to me why this is a versus...?

The Critical Strikes proc probably contributes more value overall than the small passive crit rate buff in Scrapper's Strike, but both are pretty good. They both have strong set bonuses.

I would get and slot both the procs then work towards the set completion.

As to which first I have critical strikes on my scrapper alt and really enjoy it.

Currently dumping an insane amount of influence into a brute ae the scrappers fun gear got put on hold.

I would get and slot both the procs then work towards the set completion.

As to which first I have critical strikes on my scrapper alt and really enjoy it.

Currently dumping an insane amount of influence into a brute ae the scrappers fun gear got put on hold.

Solid advice right here.

• 2 weeks later

That depends on your set. Due to changes made in i23 procs have different chances depending on powers they are put in. If you put critical chance proc in a slow power it triggers more per use of that power if you put it in a fast one it triggers less per use. Which is why sets like titan weapon or broad sword gets more buck fron proc. The chances depends on base recharge so if you xan getalot of recharge bonus it helps alot

One thing I've never been clear on, for the one that adds +50% critical hit chance, does that mean it adds to your crit chance by 50%, so your base 5% becomes 55%?  Or does it mean it multiplies it by 50% so that the base 5% becomes 7.5%?

One thing I've never been clear on, for the one that adds +50% critical hit chance, does that mean it adds to your crit chance by 50%, so your base 5% becomes 55%?  Or does it mean it multiplies it by 50% so that the base 5% becomes 7.5%?

I have no data to back this up, but it definitely feels like 55% when I see it go off on my Elec/SD. Crits all over the place.

• 2 weeks later

I have no data to back this up, but it definitely feels like 55% when I see it go off on my Elec/SD. Crits all over the place.

If this is true, I may have to reconsider remaking my pre-shutdown Kinetic/Shield scrapper. Power Siphon gets reset when Consecrated Strike would otherwise crit.

Does the Critical Strikes proc affect Concentrated Strike? It doesn't feel that way on my KM, but perhaps I've been unlucky (haven't bothered to test it in a controlled manner). I was under the assumption CS doesn't truly crit and has a 20% chance to recharge Power Siphon instead, meaning it wouldn't get any benefit from anything improving your crit chance.

Does the Critical Strikes proc affect Concentrated Strike? It doesn't feel that way on my KM, but perhaps I've been unlucky (haven't bothered to test it in a controlled manner). I was under the assumption CS doesn't truly crit and has a 20% chance to recharge Power Siphon instead, meaning it wouldn't get any benefit from anything improving your crit chance.

Checking City of Data, it looks like what you said. Darn description of power threw me off.

Well, will keep the Kinetic/Bio I just made as it could still be interesting.