Electric control/earth assault, or earth/ earth or electric/electric?

Rebel230

Hi, I am getting close to 50 on my plant/fire/fire which is really excellent and am thinking of my next dom.

I have settled on /earth assault for sure but am torn on the control set. I am thinking of starting this character in Praetoria where I bet there are not many other players so I will need to be able to dolo with this as well as be useful in a group post evel 20. I am thinking either just straight earth/ earth or electric control with earth assault. I would appreciate any advice to help me decide ad if there are any builds out there that would be great also.

Thank you for the help.

I have my Electric/Electric Dom at 31 right now.

She is so much fun to play!

I have to solo carefully, controling the mobs before they can attack too much, but it is fun.

On live, I had a Mental/Electric/Cold Dom that really 'broke the game' and this one plays very similarly due to the confuse in Electric control, so I am hopeful I can get the right IOs to make her a god.

How does the Electric Control Confuse work?  Does it spread pretty quickly through a pack? Does it have some sort of cap on how many mobs it will jump to?  Will it stack onto a Boss?  Does Domination do anything for it?

I'm really trying to get a sense for how it compares to the Plant/ or Mind/ AoE confuses.

It initiates in your target and spreads to nearby targets after what feels like a 1 second delay. Domination will increase the magnitude and duration.

The other AoE confuses are instant on a mob, this will eventually spread to the whole mob if allowed enough time. Plant and mind are both more useful for negating alpha damage, but the electric version also sapps some endurance. In any case, I skipped it in my build.

I generally open with the confuse if there are any mezzers.

It does not spread to the whole mob usually, but is does lower the alpha stikes I take considerably.

I am not currently trying to fully min/max the character, still exploring, but I like the confuse so far.

I like having a vareity of tools in general though as well...

It has gotten me out of trouble a number of times as well, confusing the 2-3 mobs that would have otherwise knocked me out late in a fight when I had no more greens...

I the confuse is excellent. You can open with it on a Lot or even boss with proper slotting and they will basically be pets while you jump in with conductive aura and sap all their end. I'm trying as a sapper build adding an end mod to many powers.

If anyone has an elec elec guide it would be great. I have no concept on what io sets to slot.

If anyone has an elec elec guide it would be great. I have no concept on what io sets to slot.

Yes, I second this.  I'm not sure which powers are clunkers and which are keepers.

I may take a stab at writing one up. It can be a bit of a tricky set in that it really works best in melee with conductive aura, but also lacks the hard control that something like Fire, Plant, or Earth has. In addition, if you want to max the end drain, which is its best form of damage mitigation, you really need to pair it with a secondary that has power boost.

The most skippable powers are the single target immobilize and jolting chain. Jolting chain might be useful if you want to play strictly from range and opt out of conductive aura, but again that's not really the optimal way to play the set. Later, both of your Gremlins have jolting chain, so it's also a little redundant.

Your bread and butter is the AoE immobilize (for draining endurance), static field (pulsing sleep), and conductive aura. The AoE hold, like any set, is mandatory with permadom, and the Gremlins are too good to pass on.

I would say Elec/Earth, personally. Better damage values, Power Boost for Conductive Aura, an additional and more reliable knockdown in the way of Tremor and Stone/Heavy Mallet.

How do you slot your gremlins?

Most go 4 Expedients (for the +recharge) or 3 Soulbound (Damage/Rech, Acc/Dam/Rech, Chance for Build Up)

Yes, I second this.  I'm not sure which powers are clunkers and which are keepers.

Charged Brawl is a stinker, Static Discharge is a cone and you'll want to be in in the mob for Conductive Aura so it's a stinker, and Thunder Strike's AOE damage is abysmal.

Everything is solid, but the damage is fairly weak.