Plant/Psi ST chain.

Sovera

I currently have Strangler, Psi Dart, Mental Blast, just obtained Subdue and intend to grab Psionic Lance since with the incoming changes we won't need a lot of ToHit to make it quick.

But I look at it and I start thinking I will simply have too many attacks once reaching perma-dom. We can ignore Psi dart being a weak T1. Subdue, Mental Blast and Psi Lance ought to be enough to juggle to always be casting something. But then I look at Strangler. It animates slowly but the hold is something we will want to spam anyway against an AV, against an EB, or just on something annoying we want out of the way.

So at this point I'm thinking if a ST chain would not be better served by doing Strangler, Subdue and Psi Lance. It would free one power and four slots of which I am starved for.

Strangler recharges in 2.3 seconds and has a 2.02 animation.

Subdue recharges in 2.2 seconds and has a 1.67 animation

Psi lance recharges in 5.8 seconds and has (fast snipe) a 1.2 animation.

With my current Pine numbers:

Strangler (four Basilisks and two Hamis) does 105.

Subdue does 176

Psi Lance does 382 (these numbers will change after the patch)

Mental Blast recharges in 2.3, animates in 1.67, and does 176 damage.

Those are DPA values. But since it's a ST chain it's perhaps better to look at DPS values.

So Strangler is 23 damage.

Subdue is 52.

Psi lance is 72.

Mental blast is 56.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Someone answered! \o/

Yeah, I didn't list the Probe because I don't want to be in melee range more than I need to. In fact, I'm starting to think I ought to ditch Psychic Shockwave despite its numerous perks just because I'm not intending to be in melee for longer than it takes to use Drain Psyche.

With everything confused from Seeds of Confusion and with your own regen boosted into the stratosphere by Drain Psyche, why would you want to avoid melee?

This. You have seeds, and you can lock them down, which makes them oh so ready for melee or pbaoe attacks. Don't drop Drain Psyche or Shockwave, you will regret it long term.