Chart of villain location within each zone

Optiker

Before CoH shut down, I had a chart that I downloaded from someplace online that I could refer to that showed where in each zone villains of a given type were to be found. It sure is a great help if I need to defeat 10 of whatever in a specific zone, but don't know foir sure where they are in th4e zone.

When CoH shut down with no likelihood of returning, I cleared out a lot of that kind of stuff, and unfortunately, I don't find a copy of it in any of my old drives.

Does anybody recognize what I'm referring to and if so, is it still out there someplace, and if so, can you provide a link?

I've searched a good bit, but apparently am not using the right words to hit on it if it's out there.

Thanks!

Optiker

I would love a resource like this.  Some mobs can only be found at certain times in certain zones.

Vidiotmaps is helpful if you already know the right zone, but that's often difficult for my old brain to remember

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I'll check when I get home, but I do have a mob Def/Dam Res list that I can share. I know I've seen the list you've mentioned though, because I used to use something similar for my Defeat badge hunting.

I'm not sure how helpful it will be with Homecoming, if anything was modified, but it might a good place for all the mobs.  I grabbed it from a archive forum post, but it should be somewhat up to date.

Note: It's a drive file so you can Dl a copy as needed, but make sure to keep the original contributors since it is/was their work:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y2P_lCCQjGlVJHrCUKxSGaa3Ul7FMYhYaPykgtcHz4E/edit?usp=sharing

~Everlasting~

The Emperor of Mankind - Titan Weapon/Willpower Brute

Sigismund - Illusion/Radiation Controller

I'll check when I get home, but I do have a mob Def/Dam Res list that I can share. I know I've seen the list you've mentioned though, because I used to use something similar for my Defeat badge hunting.

I'm not sure how helpful it will be with Homecoming, if anything was modified, but it might a good place for all the mobs.  I grabbed it from a archive forum post, but it should be somewhat up to date.

Note: It's a drive file so you can Dl a copy as needed, but make sure to keep the original contributors since it is/was their work:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y2P_lCCQjGlVJHrCUKxSGaa3Ul7FMYhYaPykgtcHz4E/edit?usp=sharing

This list is exactly what you described - it shows the defence and rez for each mob, but not their location...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

This list is exactly what you described - it shows the defence and rez for each mob, but not their location...

Sorry, let me check the other file that I have, when I get home.  It may not actually be in my drive but on my desktop.  I work on putting something together and some other types to align them to the format in the file posted.

~Everlasting~

The Emperor of Mankind - Titan Weapon/Willpower Brute

Sigismund - Illusion/Radiation Controller

RogDodge...

Thanks! Unfortunately, that's not the one I was remembering. What I recall is that it was a spreadsheet, but not the one you link to.

The "Neighborhood" column is blank and that's what I was wanting to see. The one you link to looks like it might be useful, but it's got way more info than I'd make use of. I'm a pretty casual player but get a bit frustrated when I need to defeat 10 villains in * and need to run or fly all over the place hitting Tab to find  them.    :)

Thank you for looking. If you turn up anything else, please post.

Optiker

Didn't the Vidiot maps used to note this sort of thing?  I'm not at home so I can't check mine right now.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Didn't the Vidiot maps used to note this sort of thing?  I'm not at home so I can't check mine right now.

Yes, Vidiotmaps does, but you have to be in-zone to see it. I mean TECHNICALLY, since SCoRE/Homecoming haven't changed mob locations (that I know of) yet... I think the BEST solution would be for someone to actually go an catalog them, and then put the information in ParagonWiki. They should accept it, since that's the original game settings. I'm not sure how I'd feel about a built in game menu for that.

I'm out.

Yes, Vidiotmaps does, but you have to be in-zone to see it. I mean TECHNICALLY, since SCoRE/Homecoming haven't changed mob locations (that I know of) yet... I think the BEST solution would be for someone to actually go an catalog them, and then put the information in ParagonWiki. They should accept it, since that's the original game settings. I'm not sure how I'd feel about a built in game menu for that.

I don’t think this was ever a game suggestion, just a request for a resource, if one exists.  You nailed it about Vidiotmaps, it’s great but you have to know the right zone to get the right map, and there are nuances  that aren’t captured in it, like mobs that are only on rooftops or come out at night.

You are right as well that if a resource doesn’t exist, someone (not the devs) should make one who feels really passionate and knowledgeable on the sunniest.

I must be wired into the collective consciousness of COH, because I was just working on this for my own use today.

Ever feel like your contact is trying to troll you? (Not the group faction of that name, but really just like they want to see if they can push your buttons? Does the following request sound familiar?

"Hey Captain Superpants, to move this story arc along, you need to go beat-up 50 coconut smugglers!"

And no matter how many times you click on your contact he refuses to tell you WHERE you can find coconut smugglers, so you can dirt nap 50 of them. So you spend like an hour wandering around the zone you're in thinking "My good buddy Contact-Man wouldn't send me all the way to another (possibly more dangerous) zone to find 50 of these guys? My contact isn't some sort of jerk!" Oh, you naive simple-minded hero/villain.

Hey, maybe you're an idiot savant and you remember exactly where every faction level of them will spawn in the entire city of Paragon, Praetoria and Rogue Isles. Or you've never had to even THINK about where a particular faction is. Your toon is so awesome enemies just flock to you just looking for autographs.

But if neither of those things work, you can check out this handy-dandy cross reference list that tells you where you are most likely to be able to find these enemies BY LEVEL! Yes! They are also organized by the zone level, so you can easily figure out, not only which zones they appear in, but also the range of levels in that zone. Along with using Vidiot maps, your contact will never give you the run-around again.

Never more will your HELP channel pleas of "Where Can I kill a bunch of <insert faction name here>?" be retorted with "Did you try looking in your mom's room?" or "Try looking on Paragon Wiki. You'll find them there, noob!"

Wow, I should get some INF for this. Or let me know how I could have made it better.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DI_tV6KIVi605oAFc8sB5xXPVPshsYBx

There's a tab for each player alignment Hero/Villain/Praetorean.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

Thanks knight! But I wouldn't know where to put it on the wiki. I've never contributed to one before.

I should give credit to Paragon Wiki for the information is all gleaned from zone info on those pages. It seems "accurate" in a general sense, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are some areas that have a small pocket of a faction that was never caught on paragon wiki.

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

Rocketeur...

Thanks! Very good and definitely useful, but as I suspect you have the same problem..."defeat 10 *s in whatever zone," but what neighborhood in the zone. Sure, that makes it a lot easier, but I'd rather fight villains than spend my time cruising the whole zone looking for *s of a manageable level.

I'm really not unappreciative of your work, and doubt I could do better, but I really wish I'd saved that spreadsheet that did exactly that - villains by neighborhood and level within each zone. My bad!

Thanks again for your work!

Optiker

That's why people and I mentioned above that it works great with Vidiot Maps download.

An actual spreadsheet of every permutation in the zone would be cumbersome IMO.

Just get the Vidiot map download. The spreadsheet gets you the Zone you want. And then the Vidiot map will show you who is where and what the range level is in that area.

I just used it twice today. Once for a lev 42 char in PI to hunt for Nemesis (and I was averting areas that had 44+ level spawns), and again this evening doing the Midnighter Badge, where you have to find the Lost to cure. It worked great!

If you don't have vidiot maps downloaded, when you open the map of the zone you're in, you'll get text that shows the faction and the level that they appear in that area. And instead of then looking for the neighborhood on a chart, just open the vidiot maps and go to where the faction is you need at the level range you want.

In the example below, you can see it gives the factions as 3 letter abbreviations and the level they appear in , around that area.

Note that some areas they don't seem to be strictly following neighborhoods.  YMMV. Good luck hunting!

48106630488_64f22e709f_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later

Rock...

Thanks. That does look like that will work.

I did DL some of the individual maps, but in them, the type of villain and level were listed along the edges of the map, and when I used those, I found that many were incorrect. For example, when using the map to find "white" (my) level villains, I was finding red (+2) or violet (+3).

It wasn't clear to me that there was a utility that integrated to be accessible from in-game. Also, the last time I went to the link for vidiots. the site came up "for sale" with no content. Not sure what went wrong.

Actually, I used the link in one of the early replies and it gave me a spreadsheet, but that didn't show the neighborhoods in the zones, even though there was a column for it, which was empty. Otherwise, nice spreadsheet, but way more info than I'll use at my sophistication level.

I'll try looking again. It woukld be helpful if you post a link with perhaps some instructions.

Thanks...

Optiker

The VidiotMaps have had their own page on ParagonWiki for years (IIRC, from right after sunset):

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:VidiotMaps

• 2 years later
4 hours ago, Polixines said:

It seems to me that the loose leaf binders that came with the original disks has that info, I will need to dig out my binders and check......

lol.  You just necro'd a 2 year old thread.  And as mentioned in it, you don't need your old binders as the info is in-game, if you download vidiot maps. 

• 3 months later
On 6/21/2019 at 6:01 PM, Trademarked Name said:

I must be wired into the collective consciousness of COH, because I was just working on this for my own use today.

Ever feel like your contact is trying to troll you? (Not the group faction of that name, but really just like they want to see if they can push your buttons? Does the following request sound familiar?

"Hey Captain Superpants, to move this story arc along, you need to go beat-up 50 coconut smugglers!"

And no matter how many times you click on your contact he refuses to tell you WHERE you can find coconut smugglers, so you can dirt nap 50 of them. So you spend like an hour wandering around the zone you're in thinking "My good buddy Contact-Man wouldn't send me all the way to another (possibly more dangerous) zone to find 50 of these guys? My contact isn't some sort of jerk!" Oh, you naive simple-minded hero/villain.

Hey, maybe you're an idiot savant and you remember exactly where every faction level of them will spawn in the entire city of Paragon, Praetoria and Rogue Isles. Or you've never had to even THINK about where a particular faction is. Your toon is so awesome enemies just flock to you just looking for autographs.

But if neither of those things work, you can check out this handy-dandy cross reference list that tells you where you are most likely to be able to find these enemies BY LEVEL! Yes! They are also organized by the zone level, so you can easily figure out, not only which zones they appear in, but also the range of levels in that zone. Along with using Vidiot maps, your contact will never give you the run-around again.

Never more will your HELP channel pleas of "Where Can I kill a bunch of <insert faction name here>?" be retorted with "Did you try looking in your mom's room?" or "Try looking on Paragon Wiki. You'll find them there, noob!"

Wow, I should get some INF for this. Or let me know how I could have made it better.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DI_tV6KIVi605oAFc8sB5xXPVPshsYBx

There's a tab for each player alignment Hero/Villain/Praetorean.

So, I am one of those people who generally know where to find the mobs I'm looking for. But occasionally, I run across a request in help chat where a player doesn't want to ask each time they're looking. This drive file came in handy to resolve that player's situation, so props to you for taking the time to type it all out! 

• Like 1