Fire Control/Psionic Assault Build

predador

Hello everyone, i've just made this build for my new Dominator, i intend to run every kind of content on him(including farms) which is why i went for higher defenses, ended up with a softcapped smash/lethal/energy/negative/ranged, further testing is needed and i would love some ideas/criticism. Endurance seems to be a problem initially, but with Drain Psyche and Perma Dom it shouldn't be that bad.

Ps.: I choose Agility Core Paragon for the Alpha, seems the best since it boosts my recharge and endurance modification(which is helpful for Drain Psyche)

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Dominator

Primary Power Set: Fire Control

Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Char -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(3), Lck-Rchg/Hold(3), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5), Lck-%Hold(7)

Level 1: Psionic Dart -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)

Level 2: Fire Cages -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg(7), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(9), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(11)

Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)

Level 6: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(13)

Level 8: Hot Feet -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(17), ClvBlo-Dmg/EndRdx(17), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(19), ClvBlo-Dmg/Rchg(19)

Level 10: Mental Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)

Level 12: Flashfire -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(25), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(27), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(29)

Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15)

Level 16: Boxing -- Empty(A)

Level 18: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(42), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(42), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43)

Level 20: Drain Psyche -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(45), Pnc-Heal(46), PrfShf-EndMod(48)

Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29)

Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)

Level 26: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(33), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(33), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)

Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)

Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(37), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(37), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(42)

Level 35: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)

Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40)

Level 41: Hibernate -- Empty(A)

Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)

Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 49: Sleet -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Domination

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(46)

Level 50: Agility Core Paragon

------------

------------

Set Bonus Totals:

• 16% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 6% Defense(Melee)
  • 6% Defense(Smashing)
  • 6% Defense(Lethal)
  • 7.25% Defense(Fire)
  • 7.25% Defense(Cold)
  • 30.69% Defense(Energy)
  • 30.69% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 33.81% Defense(Ranged)
  • 8.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 1.8% Max End
  • 4% Enhancement(Confused)
  • 59% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 8% Enhancement(Immobilized)
  • 8% Enhancement(Sleep)
  • 4% Enhancement(Stunned)
  • 4.4% Enhancement(Terrorized)
  • 6.5% Enhancement(Held)
  • 96.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 19.5% SpeedFlying
  • 64.86 HP (6.38%) HitPoints
  • 19.5% JumpHeight
  • 19.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 28.75%
  • MezResist(Held) 28.75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 28.75%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 28.75%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 28.75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 28.75%
  • 17.5% (0.29 End/sec) Recovery
  • 74% (3.14 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 15% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 30.75% Resistance(Fire)
  • 30.75% Resistance(Cold)
  • 16.5% Resistance(Energy)
  • 16.5% Resistance(Negative)
  • 15% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 15% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 15% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 19.5% SpeedRunning

I had a Fire/Psi way back in the day on official and am making one here.  I think you should look at one of two things as far as Ancillary Power Pools.  Either Ice for the Sleet / Ice Storm combo.  There’s decent damage and control there, and Sleet of course has the -Def/-Res effect.

The other option IMO, and one that I’m trying first is Fire for the Fireball/RoF combination.  I think with the present state of Psychic Shockwave there’s a more viable attack chain there.

Also it’s worth considering the nature of farming you’ll be doing.  Packed maps will be out due to the 16 target maximum you will have to contend with.  If you pull much beyond what you can control you will be screwed.  That said,  I think that the KB ->KD enhancement in Bonfire has tremendous defensive potential for us.  It also is not affected by Fire Cages -KB/-KU effect as far as I’ve been able to tell.

I’m still tweaking my build but will post it here when I have it where I like it.

I had a Fire/Psi way back in the day on official and am making one here.  I think you should look at one of two things as far as Ancillary Power Pools.  Either Ice for the Sleet / Ice Storm combo.  There’s decent damage and control there, and Sleet of course has the -Def/-Res effect.

The other option IMO, and one that I’m trying first is Fire for the Fireball/RoF combination.  I think with the present state of Psychic Shockwave there’s a more viable attack chain there.

Also it’s worth considering the nature of farming you’ll be doing.  Packed maps will be out due to the 16 target maximum you will have to contend with.  If you pull much beyond what you can control you will be screwed.  That said,  I think that the KB ->KD enhancement in Bonfire has tremendous defensive potential for us.  It also is not affected by Fire Cages -KB/-KU effect as far as I’ve been able to tell.

I’m still tweaking my build but will post it here when I have it where I like it.

Thanks for answering, i loved your idea on RoF/Fireball, it should be insane with Fire Cages/Bonfire, but also a very heavy endurance eater eh?

The reason i didn't invest too much on the Ice Pool powers is that i don't know where to remove the slots to realocate them without losing too much ranged defense(which to be honest is the one i'm mostly worried about), the initial idea was to keep the mobs controlled as much as possible, which would keep me mostly safe from melee/AoE damage(except from EBs/AVs).

Other thing that is troubling me a lot is the single target damage, it takes me quite a while to kill a EB. I noticed that Mind Probe is probably better than Mental Blast on that case, i'm going to do some changes later and post them here.

Alright, here's the updated build, i have managed to reach 40% Ranged Defense, Energy and Negative. I made it with Fire Pool as it really synergizes well with Fire Control. I have yet to do any in depth testing but it looks way better than before. Don't mind the slot levels, i haven't done a leveling path for this build yet.

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Dominator

Primary Power Set: Fire Control

Secondary Power Set: Psionic Assault

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Concealment

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Char -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(5), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(5), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(7)

Level 1: Psionic Dart -- HO:Nucle(A)

Level 2: Fire Cages -- GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(7), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(9), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(9), GrvAnc-Hold%(11)

Level 4: Mind Probe -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Mk'Bit-Dam%(15)

Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)

Level 8: Hot Feet -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(17), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), ClvBlo-Dmg/EndRdx(19), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(21), ClvBlo-Dmg/Rchg(21)

Level 10: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(23)

Level 12: Flashfire -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(23), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(25), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(27)

Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 16: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 18: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(29), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(29), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31)

Level 20: Drain Psyche -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal(33), EndMod-I(33)

Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 26: Bonfire -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(34), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(34), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)

Level 28: Mental Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)

Level 30: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(40)

Level 35: Psionic Lance -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(50), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(50), StnoftheM-Dam%(50)

Level 38: Psychic Shockwave -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Arm-Dam%(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(43)

Level 41: Rain of Fire -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), PstBls-Dam%(46)

Level 44: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg(48)

Level 47: Fire Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)

Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Domination

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(A), PrfShf-End%(3)

Level 50: Agility Core Paragon

------------

• 3 weeks later