Imagine if you will, a Crab-Spider that left to become a Hero...

So, a build with no Patron Powers (and obviously no Ancillary Pools either).  If no Omega either (just not enough bang for the costs), how would one make the stereotypical "tank-mage" that embodies the coolest parts of the AoE god and high resists and defenses?

I am trying to come up with something on my own, but...

mids' is screwing with my computer, and I cannot seem to cleanse the darn program from my computer while somehow finding Pines' ANYWHERE at the moment.

Mind you, my google-Fu is weak.  Sifu is ashamed of my prowess...  :(

~B

I love ALL Archetypes, but prefer to play them Blue-Side.

TO be honest no patron power pools is difficult. While you can fill out the power choices with Wolf Spider powers and other pools it's not that great. So that being said, what about just using the Mace Pool? Unlike the more magical powers of the other pools Mace is easy to justify as him stealing an Arachnos mace and hijacking a Blaster bot.

Defender Smash!

TO be honest no patron power pools is difficult. While you can fill out the power choices with Wolf Spider powers and other pools it's not that great. So that being said, what about just using the Mace Pool? Unlike the more magical powers of the other pools Mace is easy to justify as him stealing an Arachnos mace and hijacking a Blaster bot.

Well, I reckon I can turn villain again and go through the process...  Just a bit more work than I had intended, but... What else am I going to do with my time?

~B

Well, I reckon I can turn villain again and go through the process...  Just a bit more work than I had intended, but... What else am I going to do with my time?

~B

Well the good news is with Homecoming you can switch alignments instantly (talk to Null the Gull) so at least you don't have to run a ton of alignment missions.

Defender Smash!

~B

Well the good news is with Homecoming you can switch alignments instantly (talk to Null the Gull) so at least you don't have to run a ton of alignment missions.

Yeah, That is EXACTLY what I did.  Saw Null, went villain, did Captain Mako's storyline, got the Patron Pool, took School of sharks, Arctic Blast and Bile Spray and, voila'!  2 more AoEs!  Then, saw Null again and was back in Paragon City 2 hours later.

Cheers all, I will put the build up when mids/pines doesn't jack up my machine.

~Beorn