Stalker brethren?

Inphinity

Claws/Ninjitsu. In a previous life, this was my favorite character. 50+, IO’d to the gills, soloed those 50+ arcs at maximum difficulty, and was great on most teams as well. He was so much fun.

It’s a great combo because it has some range (Focus), some AoE (Shockwave), some control (Caltrops & Blinding Powder), a self-heal, and the ability to soft cap positional defenses in the late game.

I'm running 3. StJ/Nin, SM/SR and NB/Regen. StJ is a monster primary and is the best among Stalkers. Savage Melee is pretty fun to play. Beast Run to opponents and tear into them.

Planned build for NB/Regen is to try to make regeneration more of the star of the build rather than an afterthought.

Made one this morning that I'll get around to playing at some point, Kin/EA.  I had a Dark/EA on live way back that I loved, been rerolling my old characters but with different powersets that still fit in their concept.  The stalker is actually tied for closest to original set with my blaster, both same secondary with a new primary.  Most of them aren't even the same AT.

As far as teaming...we're basically specialized scrappers?  There's not much we offer a team besides damage, but I know once I had the full build going my stalker could drop a boss in seconds so there's that I guess.  Don't get too hung up on hiding, open with assassin strike and use placate for whatever hits hardest after that, but otherwise just scrap it out on one guy at a time.  If your sets have good utility by all means use it, but you mostly pick a target, kill, go to next.

I had a Dark/Dark/Soul stalker back on live, but this last weekend? I made a stalker that could not exist on live, and I have to kinda agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense for a stalker... I made one with Shield Defense (specifically, broadsword/shield). Will have to see how that turns out, but it started in a somewhat interesting fashion at least.

I had an ELM/Ninjitsu stalker years ago, LOADS of fun, i still miss ninjitsu, it was so versatile, caltrops is amazing. 

Now however, i went for a strange route;  Electric melee (for END and the many AOE's) and Shield Defense (defending as assassin...), even more AOE's and i just figure having buildup+ againts all odds to boost damage and then use one of my many nukes should work, if boss is alive i placate+assassin strike.

Again though, i miss ninjitsu, such a "fun" set

Suave-Excelsior

Everlasting, here. ^^  Started as Psi/Nin, but it felt odd.  /Nin is just one of those 'old faithful' sets, where I know it'll perform but I've also run it on so many characters.  So, rerolled to try something new and different.  I couldn't stand the look of /Bio with all the clunky bits on my character.  Then I found the 'minimal fx' setting in power customization.  Ablative still puts you in a gloppy cocoon for a second, but I can deal with that.

So now I'm back in the mix with Psi/Bio at low level, redside.  Actually looking for build advice and what's skippable in /Bio for pool powers.

Current Roster:

Sleight of Hand (Illusion/Time Controller) | Phlarekat (Fire/Time Corruptor) | Abs0lute Zer0 (Street Justice/Ice Stalker) | Vinyl Scratch (Time/Sonic Defender) | Fibonacci Sequins (Illusion/Radiation Controller) | Memory Lapse (Psionic Melee/Bio Stalker) | Crimson Noble (Water/Kin Corruptor) | The Pointy End (Spines/Fire Brute)

I'm currently running Savage Melee/Willpower, but I'm considering shifting to /Regen for theme reasons, just as soon as I can figure out how I want to properly slot it. Problem is I have no idea what I'm doing, and I think I recall some folks mentioning Regen being weak on Stalkers because of their low HP pool overall... So I'm really not sure.

Even Everlasting launched I remade my stalker as Ice/Ice. Having a lot of fun with it, thank god for minimal FX.

Ice Patch and Chilling Embrace help make it pretty defensible before getting any real enhancements slotted.

Rerolling far too often, even by this game's standards.

I've been doing Psi/EA. I originally was going to do Super Reflexes, but they buffed Energy Aura to the point where it's tough to justify not going with it over SR, which is a bit of a shame. As far as I can tell, the only benefit to going SR would be less toggles and enhanced inherent movement speed, it's also easier to soft cap SR, but that isn't really a big issue anymore. Unless I'm missing something, I'm curious to know if I am overlooking anything beyond theme.

It's not a big deal, but SR feels a bit left behind when Ninjitsu and Energy Aura both get decent utility. I might still go SR and just have two characters who are the same cuz I love Practice Brawler that much.

Previously I had a martial arts/ninjitsu stalker, though that predated some changes to the stalker version of martial arts that annoyed me greatly.

I just finally had time to roll one recently and went with Psi Blade/Willpower and I love it! I'm playing him hero side and I've had being a stalker completely break the game. You remember that "clone" mission around level 20? Game couldn't figure out what to do with a Psi Blade stalker and it made a Psychic Blaster instead, I think. Also, What is an Ambush? It's when NPCs run around confused and scared because they can't find you. It's been really nice though for all these hero missions that stealthing to the end speed up. : )

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Will admit to not giving Stalkers a fair go when the game was Live, but lately I've been in love with my Kin/Energy Stalker.  Something about this combination just clicked with me and I find myself wanting to get back to playing her whenever I'm alt-ing around.

Much <3 from Everlasting (Infinity prior to sunset)

**EDIT**

Am I Stalker-ing wrong, though?  Currently sitting at L28 and have everything from Energy Aura and everything except Body Blow (L1 attack), plus SS+SJ.  I'll probably be dropping Disrupt eventually, just have it as an extra "Oh, <bleep!>" button.  As I mentioned above, I have no prior experiences as a Stalker, so any help is welcomed.

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM