Spines/Bio advice

HachiMan2007

Hi folks,

I did an advanced search for spines but could not find the specific answers I seek.

My first question is, is this a good combo? At level 22 now it "feels" good but is it productive endgame.

Does spines "lose" something on stalkers without the aoe damage. Does bio "lose" something with that aoe sleep they get as opposed to damage?

Finally, I am not worrying about sets until I actually hit 50 but I wouldn't mind getting at least stalkers guile. Where is the best place for it with this combo.

Thank you folks for any help you can offer.

Bio is probably the best stalker secondary (possibly the best armor on any AT) you can go defensive for a 25% hit on damage which in most cases is not that bad on a stalker (though ran into issues when using psi with things that were already resistant), or go offensive for 25% extra damage, which should be great on teams with support that can keep you from being hit, or switch to efficient if you get low on end, all while regenerating and getting absorb. 

I haven't noticed the sleep working even solo and with your aoe it's not going to be sleeping long even if it does work, and the power is a real end-hog so I'd probably say skip Genetic Corruption.  There is the regen if efficient, and defense if defensive, and the -dmg too though, so maybe not.

Spines I never liked the look of so never got into, but it should be good, as you end up with a more balanced set, good AoE & good single target, trading quills for assassin's strike.  Spines/Bio on a scrapper will be much more aoe focused, so that's the trade off.

"skip Genetic Corruption.  There is the regen if efficient, and defense if defensive, and the -dmg too though, so maybe not."

Yeah I think I'll take it just for the utility. I guess it's the one point against a spines/bio combo in that the sleep, as useless as it is, is made even more useless with a primary with aoe's.

Glad to know there is no real synergy problems however. That's good. What about the ATO? Does it go into assassin's strike?

One other thing I forgot to ask, I skipped the T1 attack, is that ok with spines or is it necessary for a good chain? I feel like I'm missing it at lvl 22 but maybe that will change?

I can't speak to spines specifically, but my general feeling is to take all the attacks until you've got a good chain for getting Focus by the time your AS is ready.  Then you can spec out of them later if you find you need the power slot and aren't using an attack anymore.

I would mention /bio is probably better with a primary that gives some more defense like staff or other mitigation, but should work fine with spines, you just might find yourself in defensive a lot more, or going against lower level threats than another set with more mitigation when you solo.