Strange KM Concept Build

marcussmythe

Don't have a full Pines build laid out here, but what I'm kicking around in my head -

KM/Invuln, drop Concentrated Strike (week long animation, nocrit), and MAYBE Quick Strike (maybe), run BB, SB, and FB as my builders for Assassins Focus (could be convinced to put QS back in if the gentle reader thinks it will make a big difference)

Grab Dark Blast and Moonbeam.  Use Moonbeam (with instant-in-combat snipe changes on test), Dark Blast, and Focused Strike to give a ranged attack chain, use Moonbeam to be the 'crit from stealth' power (higher damage than Focused Burst, and Concentrated Strike is, again, nocrit).  Alternate lyrics version goes Mu, for Mu Bolts, Zapp, and Ball Lightning - gives more AOE - but Zapp is hilariously bad compared to Moonbeam for $reasons.

Far from optimized, I know - but Ive always had a soft spot for flying, energy blasting, stealth, bricks - but hilariously bad?  Or just 'well, its not StJ/Bio' bad?

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

hilariously bad?  Or just 'well, its not StJ/Bio' bad?

You'd think that was the case, but it is a bit silly (and I don't take your statement as you being serious either). 

Anyway...

I feel QS has value, but you obviously seem to understand Focused Burst is a DPA difference not in your favor.  If that is your preference, then go for it.  If you enhance up with your attack chain you're going to be stomping goons left and right.  No, it probably won't win you the fastest time on a Plyon test with FB in the rotation, but that doesn't mean it will be "bad".  I mean, Moonbeam going to hit like a truck, so do it?   

hilariously bad?  Or just 'well, its not StJ/Bio' bad?

You'd think that was the case, but it is a bit silly (and I don't take your statement as you being serious either). 

Anyway...

I feel QS has value, but you obviously seem to understand Focused Burst is a DPA difference not in your favor.  If that is your preference, then go for it.  If you enhance up with your attack chain you're going to be stomping goons left and right.  No, it probably won't win you the fastest time on a Plyon test with FB in the rotation, but that doesn't mean it will be "bad".  I mean, Moonbeam going to hit like a truck, so do it? 

The statement was intended playfully.  I love knowing the numbers, knowing where to nibble at the edges for 'real ultimate performance' on a character - working out the math to say which attack should get the -RES proc, what order its in...

But Ive got less and less interest in building and playing those characters over the years, if that makes any sense.  I like doing the fun, non-optimal stuff.  I just like knowing how much I'm giving up for fun, and how I can give up the least to still get my 'fun'.

Amusingly, Im pretty happy with the single-target out, even late 30s with the bad attack chain.  Some of that is just Stalker/Assassin Strike/Rehide Proc in Assassin Strike.  Im considering going even sillier, and instead of Moonbeam/Dark Blast, going Mu, and grabbing the blast, the snipe, and the AOE, to have a second AOE. 

Whats funny is that would be a not-horrible plan if Zapp wasnt so inferior to Moonbeam.

Does anyone know why Mu Mastery - Zapp is -so bad- compared to Soul Mastery - Moonbeam?

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

You could pick up the ranged attack from sorcery too, then the fly/teleport as well.  Frankly I don't see how you'd be any worse than a sentinel... probably significantly better, and people play them quite a lot, probably more than stalkers from what I've seen.