Advanced Buff Bar Filtering

Adeon Hawkwood

So I was looking through some old notes I had archived on my Wiki Talk page and realized that I had a detailed description for doing a custom filtering of buff bars. Now for the most part this is similar to what you can do with right clicking but it also allows you to filter out toggles which you can't do though the interface.

Side note, I haven't tested this on Homecoming, it should still work but caveat emptor.

The way it works is you use the slash command:

/optionset buffsettings code

In order to find the value for code you select the options that you want from the list below and add them all up. The total value will determine what settings are used. Fans of binary can probably figure out how this works internally to the computer :).

Code list:

1 status window hide auto

2 status window hide toggles

4 status window no blinking

8 status window no stacking

16 status window numeric stacking

32 status hide buff numbers

64 status stop sending buffs

128 --

256 group window hide auto

512 group window hide toggles

1024 group window no blinking

2048 group window no stacking

4096 group window numeric stacking

8192 group window hide buff numbers

16384 group window stop sending buffs

32768 --

65536 pet window hide auto

131072 pet window hide toggles

262144 pet window no blink

524288 pet window no stacking

1048576 pet window numeric stacking

2097152 pet window hide buff numbers

4194304 pet window stop sending buffs

So let's do a practical example. According to my notes on my Demons/Thermal Mastermind I used the following setting:

/optionset buffsettings 2110240

If you back calculate that it means I was using the following settings:

32 status hide buff numbers

256 group window hide auto

512 group window hide toggles

4096 group window numeric stacking

8192 group window hide buff numbers

2097152 pet window hide buff numbers

Now I'm not quite sure why I wanted to hide the buff numbers (seriously, I've got no freaking clue). But the key point here is that in the team buff window this not only filters out auto powers and uses numeric stacking (both options that are available through the interface) it also hides all toggle powers that my teammates are using so that I only see click powers. This greatly reduces the number of buffs being displayed for my teammates which makes it much easier to tell who does or doesn't have Thermal shields on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Defender Smash!

Swiping this for the Guide. With credit. :D

Now, if you can figure out those damned chat-bubble color codes...

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Are these all binary options...

Doing 1 the first time hides auto buffs and doing 1 again shows them?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Swiping this for the Guide. With credit. :D

Go for it. This was an incredibly obscure option when the game was live so I'm all for spreading the info around.

Are these all binary options...

Doing 1 the first time hides auto buffs and doing 1 again shows them?

Ok, so fair warning I'm going by memory here, I'll try and do some tests when I have time but for now this is how I remember it working.

The answer to your question is no. Basically what this command does is set your buff display options. So if you were to, for example, send the code 1 then it would hide auto powers for your character and set all other buff displays on. If you want to toggle a specific setting then you need to calculate two different codes with and without that particular setting.

A good way to think of it is like this (which is roughly how it must work behind the scenes), your character has a 24-bit variable for determining buff displays (actually it's probably a 32-bit variable but we'll use 24 for simplicity). Each bit can be Zero (off) or One (on). If you look at the list of codes you'll notice that if you select one option and convert that number into 24-bit binary then it's a binary number with a single One in it and 23 Zeros. So when you send the command your buff display variable is over-witten with the new one you are sending.

So let's take the example I used above: 2110240. In 24-bit binary that is 001000000011001100100000 so my buff bar display variable is set to that. Each digit in the binary number corresponds to a single setting for the program. The /optionset command doesn't toggle individual bits, it just overwrites the entire variable with the new variable.

Defender Smash!

So a buff value of zero turns everything on, regardless of how it was set before?

A value of 3 would hide only my auto and toggle buffs, but not impact any other buffs or team/pet buffs at all, regardless of how they were set before?

This souns great, can’t wait to play with it...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

So a buff value of zero turns everything on, regardless of how it was set before?

Correct.

A value of 3 would hide only my auto and toggle buffs, but not impact any other buffs or team/pet buffs at all, regardless of how they were set before?

Incorrect. It would hide your auto and toggle powers but also turn all of the other buff displays on.

Defender Smash!

Incorrect. It would hide your auto and toggle powers but also turn all of the other buff displays on.

Actually what I meant to say, but my tablet had a PEBCAK error...

Perfect...thanks for this and +1 Inf