Ugh three simple Binds/Macros... Help!

Yipp

I have never done macro's or binds in game before... Yes I know how is that possible **BRUTE FORCE**  :P... In searching for explanation on how macros/binds work all I can find is very complex discussions.... I want to keep this simple.

I am looking for three binds/macros that do the following:

F1

All Bots defensive mode, All Bots attack my target

F2

Battle Drones & Assault Bot, defensive mode, attack my target

F3

All Bots defensive mode, follow me

I want my bots in defensive mode (bodyguard & not bodyguard but controlled targeting) most of the time and if I want them in aggressive mode the rare time I can select it manually.

So what I am trying to do is avoid the advanced pet combat window mouse selection in combat and have a single key F1, F2, F3 perform these commands.

Is this possible? Is it simple to do ... can someone who understand Macros/Binds be kind enough to assist me.

Thank you in advance for any help

Type each of the following three commands into your Chat interface.  They should do it:

• /bind F1 "petcom_all defensive attack"
  • /bind F2 "petcom_Pow Protector defensive attack$$petcom_pow Assault defensive attack"
  • /bind F3 "petcom_all defensive follow"

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Thank you... VERY much

but I see F2 "protector defensive attack" I do not want Protectors to attack in F2.  Should that be Battle Drones instead?

And I place those in the chat line.... do I need to do that each time I load the game or will it save them?

Ah, I misread.

Replace Protector with Battle and it should do what you're looking for.  :)

And, yes, you use the chat line to enter those.  I believe it should be saved for that character, perpetually.

There is another approach to what you're looking to do, which is to use the Number Pad, and a series of bind files.

I use that method myself, for my two masterminds (eventually far more than two, I'm sure).  Here, let me copy/paste some of my bind files, for my Robo/FF mastermind:

Summon Mode

SHIFT+LBUTTON "powexec_name Teleport"
SHIFT+RBUTTON "petcom_all goto"
ALT+Q "petcom_all attack$$petcom_all aggressive"
SHIFT+Q "petcom_all follow$$petcom_all defensive"
CTROL+Q "petcom_all dismiss"
numpad1 "powexec_location forward:6 Battle Drones"
numpad2 "powexec_location forward:8 Protector Bots"
numpad3 "powexec_location forward:10 Assault Bot"
numpad4 "target_custom_next mypet"
numpad5 "powexec_name Equip Robot"
numpad6 "powexec_name Upgrade Robot"
numpad7 "powexec_name Deflection Shield"
numpad8 "powexec_name Insulation Shield"
divide "bindload_file D:\CoXbinds\MM_Justice_Command.txt"

I use that for initial summoning and upgrade, and to set up some "default" command binds.  As well as a bind for his travel power, Teleport.  :)  In order to get set up, I just dial 1, 2, 3, pause a beat, 4, 5, 6.

1: drops the Battle Drones

2: drops the Protector Bots

3: drops the Assault Bot

4: targets the nearest pet

5: Equip (which is now an area effect, woo!)

6: Upgrade (same)

I could, being FF, add in both bubbles for 7 and 8 if I wanted, too.

Command Mode: BASE

SHIFT+LBUTTON "powexec_name Teleport"
SHIFT+RBUTTON "petcom_all goto"
ALT+Q "petcom_all attack$$petcom_all aggressive"
SHIFT+Q "petcom_all follow$$petcom_all defensive"
CTROL+Q "petcom_all dismiss"
numpad0 bindloadfile "d:\CoXbinds\MM_Justice_All.txt"
numpad1 bindloadfile "d:\CoXbinds\MM_Justice_Drones.txt"
numpad2 bindloadfile "d:\CoXbinds\MM_Justice_Protectors.txt"
numpad3 bindloadfile "d:\CoXbinds\MM_Justice_Assault.txt"
divide bindloadfile "d:\CoXbinds\MM_Justice_Summon.txt"

This is the basis of the Numpad command binds.  See, it lets you "dial" commands, in a three-digit code, to one or all of your minions.

Command mode: ALL

numpad4 petcom_all aggressive
numpad5 petcom_all defensive
numpad6 petcom_all passive
numpad7 petcom_all attack
numpad8 petcom_all follow
numpad9 petcom_all goto
ctrl+q petcom_all dismiss

Notice how this does not over-write 0, 1, 2, or 3?  Or the Divide key ("/")?  Those remain the same, anytime I am in "Command Mode".  So, I can always change to commanding a different group of pets, at any tome.

Command Mode: Battle Drones

numpad4 petcom_pow battle aggressive
numpad5 petcom_pow battle defensive
numpad6 petcom_pow battle passive
numpad7 petcom_pow battle attack
numpad8 petcom_pow battle follow
numpad9 petcom_pow battle goto
ctrl+q petcom_pow battle drones dismiss

The other two files, for the Protector Bots and the Assault Bot, are identical to this one, except "battle" is replaced with either "protector" or "assault", as appropriate.

So, see, if  have all my drones in "Follow/Passive", and want to shift everything to Defensive, then have the Assault and Battledrones attack my targetted enemy?

I just key in 051737.

They're already in follow; 0 selects all, 5 sets them to Defensive, 1 selects the Battle Drones, 7 says "shoot that guy", 3 selects the Assault Bot, and 7 again for "start shooting".

It takes some getting used to - and I admit, I don't always use those binds (I'm lazy about it).  But, when you've adjusted to it, and use it, it's an astonishingly elegant system.

Not one I created, mind you.  I cribbed it from .... gods, I don't know, someone on the official forums back in Issue 7, IIRC.  Almost ten years ago.  :)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

No worries.  Just thought you might be new to the Archetype, and didn't know about NumPad MM bindings before.  :)

Oh, you have no idea.

What level are you at?  'cause if you've yet to experience ordering a full Alpha Strike from six Equipped and Upgraded robots ... BOY are you in for a treat!  I laughed my head off the first time I did that ... :D

Oh, you have no idea.

What level are you at?  'cause if you've yet to experience ordering a full Alpha Strike from six Equipped and Upgraded robots ... BOY are you in for a treat!  I laughed my head off the first time I did that ... :D

49 will be 50 today

Aaaaaah, then you do know what I'm talking about.  :)

One of the people I used to play D&D with (the original three-book set in the white box, which tells you what a grognard I am and how far back that was) had a phrase that pops to mind for situations like this: "A crisscross of multi-colored beams, at the center of which nothing living could exist."