Vacuum temporary power for stuck mobs

Quite a few people have gotten mobs stuck in walls during missions and TFs. Sometimes PBAOE or GTAOE powers can still hit them. A power like wormhole, in theory, should be the perfect extractor.

Why not cook up temp power that's like a 10' radius wormhole effect that moves mobs 3' toward the caster. It will need to be high mag, to affect bosses, but with no stun of course and probably only with a couple charges (because people always seem to find a way to abuse powerful things). You could call it the Stuck Mob Extractor!

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Quite a few people have gotten mobs stuck in walls during missions and TFs. Sometimes PBAOE or GTAOE powers can still hit them. A power like wormhole, in theory, should be the perfect extractor.

Why not cook up temp power that's like a 10' radius wormhole effect that moves mobs 3' toward the caster. It will need to be high mag, to affect bosses, but with no stun of course and probably only with a couple charges (because people always seem to find a way to abuse powerful things). You could call it the Stuck Mob Extractor!

I like the idea. Except that it really should have a catchier name... something like...

Victim Vacuum.

Erydanius's Exalted Experience Extractor (available to Magic Origin characters only).

Fetch My Next Target.

Git Ovah Heah.

You, Me, Here, Now.

Come To Daddy.

Mob, Meet Maker.

Destuckificator (or Destuckifier)

:p

I like the idea. Except that it really should have a catchier name... something like...

Victim Vacuum.

Erydanius's Exalted Experience Extractor (available to Magic Origin characters only).

Fetch My Next Target.

Git Ovah Heah.

You, Me, Here, Now.

Come To Daddy.

Mob, Meet Maker.

Destuckificator (or Destuckifier)

:p

Untangle tango :)

Oh come now guys, you missed the obvious choice!

Imagine this, you click a power and all of a sudden SB1 zooms in at ludicrous speed, parks near the click point, and transforms into Mega Maid.

latest?cb=20090629230919

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I like the idea

However, a problem is going to be preventing people from abusing/using the power under 'normal' situations. You'd essentially be giving out temp powers of souped-up Wormhole.

If the recharge was high enough this could be mitigated however. It could be quite high, as multiple people are likely to have it, and you generally don't get stuck mobs more than once in awhile.

It should also not depend on Line of Sight, never miss, and effect bosses. I'd like for it to effect AVs too, just in case; but that would be ripe for exploiting I'm sure.

I like the idea

Code it where the requirement is that the NPC is verified to be in the wall?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I like the idea

However, a problem is going to be preventing people from abusing/using the power under 'normal' situations. You'd essentially be giving out temp powers of souped-up Wormhole.

If the recharge was high enough this could be mitigated however. It could be quite high, as multiple people are likely to have it, and you generally don't get stuck mobs more than once in awhile.

It should also not depend on Line of Sight, never miss, and effect bosses. I'd like for it to effect AVs too, just in case; but that would be ripe for exploiting I'm sure.

Why not just make it a TP Foe with 10ft range, no LoS requirement and 5min recharge or something similar, plus a 5 second immunity for the target? Can't really imagine how that could be abused.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I feel like it would be simpler to make some kind of command like /stuck_mob that would move a targeted mob over a few feet, like the /stuck command does for players. Or maybe it could move a foe back to it's spawn point. Only allow it to be used every 15 seconds or so to prevent too much abuse.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

+1 to the idea, and...

Oh come now guys, you missed the obvious choice!

Imagine this, you click a power and all of a sudden SB1 zooms in at ludicrous speed, parks near the click point, and transforms into Mega Maid.

latest?cb=20090629230919

+1 Inf for the laugh.

I'm out.

I feel like it would be simpler to make some kind of command like /stuck_mob that would move a targeted mob over a few feet, like the /stuck command does for players. Or maybe it could move a foe back to it's spawn point. Only allow it to be used every 15 seconds or so to prevent too much abuse.

I like the simple approach...It's not as humorous, but likely more doable...And I'd go for a longer "recharge", like several minutes...It doesn't happen that often...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting