Focused Feedback: Pineapple vs. Pizza

Obsidian Light

Focused Feedback: Pineapple vs. Pizza  

500 members have voted

1. 1. Line in the sand: Does Pineapple belong on Pizza?

• YES!! Make my pizza extra fruity! Bring on the Pineapple!!
    • NO!! Keep that abomination away from my pie!!
    • Who cares? I'm hungry. FEED ME!!

I'm convinced that most of the naysayers have just never had a good pineapple pizza. They had cruddy ones made by plebs. Pizza chefs who let it soggy things up or screwed up the ratios. 

If your only burgers ever eaten were only McDonald's and you thought they were the best brand, you wouldn't expect gourmet ⅓ pounders could be any good. And yet..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

This just shows limited thinking in pizza toppings.  The obvious answer in the above scenario is to order one pepperoni, and one Hawaiian but only with pineapple on one half of the pizza.  You can add olives or something to the other half.  This way there is enough pineapple to satisfy the pineapple-lovers, and plenty of pizza to share with the pineapple-haters.

Source:  true life experience.

I understand that people who hate pineapple on pizza are obviously monsters and you seek to punish them, but forcing them to endure olives is just too much. No crime deserves a sentence that severe.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, cyntalan said:

Fruit totally belongs on pizza. One particular fruit is a key ingredient (tomato).

Sweet things, though... that shit don't belong anywhere near that. 😡

Pear and blue chees on pizza. With no tomato.

But no, pineapple doesn't work, the thing is that it actually clashes in taste with tomato.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seavea said:

Anchovies are the best pizza topping, and anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves. As for pineapple, it's not for me. But hey, you do you. 

The original pizza "Napoli" is in fact with anchovies and no mozzarella. Mozzarella (pricey cheese at that time) was added on "Margherita" in honour of Queen Margherita of Napoli.

13 hours ago, Tigress said:

We europeans have a little more lenient view on that. You can buy "chocolate pizza" in most supermarkets (which is in effect one giant cookie).

Pizza with Nutella is grand.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Tiger Lady said:

I'm convinced that most of the naysayers have just never had a good pineapple pizza. They had cruddy ones made by plebs. Pizza chefs who let it soggy things up or screwed up the ratios. 

If your only burgers ever eaten were only McDonald's and you thought they were the best brand, you wouldn't expect gourmet ⅓ pounders could be any good. And yet..

Ah, the old "you just haven't had a good one"  Classic.  😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flowers said:

Pineapple (and Pepperoni) on pizza. Clearly.

Our family's favorite.  And welcome to the Homecoming Team.

Edited by justicebeliever

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

12 hours ago, CrimsonOne said:

NO.PNG.61d483e3d1c00abed15975e1719be563.PNG

It looks like the line is starting to clear up ... GOODBYE PINEAPPLE! You're next olives, you dark rings of nastiness!!! 🤣

Sorry Crimson, as long as their sufficient people who tolerate pineapple, it's just a Pyrrhic victory.  And don't lay a finger on my olives...Must have their deliciousness in both my cocktails and on my pizza

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting