Focused Feedback: Pineapple vs. Pizza

Obsidian Light

Focused Feedback: Pineapple vs. Pizza  

500 members have voted

1. 1. Line in the sand: Does Pineapple belong on Pizza?

• YES!! Make my pizza extra fruity! Bring on the Pineapple!!
    • NO!! Keep that abomination away from my pie!!
    • Who cares? I'm hungry. FEED ME!!

If folks want sweet with their savory then at least make candied bacon 🥓 and add it to the pizza. 

Keep fruit 🍍 off pizza 🍕  unless it's tomato 🍅 or avocados 🥑... Hot avocados are horrible though. 

• Like 1

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

5 minutes ago, Alty said:

If folks want sweet with their savory then at least make candied bacon 🥓 and add it to the pizza. 

Keep fruit 🍍 off pizza 🍕  unless it's tomato 🍅 or avocados 🥑... Hot avocados are horrible though. 

But...but...what about peppers?

17 hours ago, siolfir said:

But...but...what about peppers?

🌶 Not my thing but they're fine. 

Also avocados added to a chicken bacon pizza (after baking) is very tasty. 

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

So this is interesting.  I've been rewatching Chuck with my wife and what do I see?

Pineapple: a code word to be uttered in emergency, to declare that everything is over and that it's time to abandon all hope and run.  Seems to fit the Tanker and Rage feedback threads pretty well.

(sidenote, while goofy, this show is brilliant.  It's not all this sort of stooge-humor)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

There are only a few absolutes in life and they are all related to food. Pineapple on pizza goes in the same category as sour cream, mayo, and peas, disgusting. 

On the other hand items such as jalapenos, mustard, and onions deserve to be basic food groups. 

Perhaps mustard would kill the sickly sweet pineapple taste on a pizza.

• Haha 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• 2 weeks later

Things that should absolutely be enjoyed on pizza:

Various sausages, moderately soft and crumbly cheeses, sliced meats (Particularly if they're cured or smoked), sweet vegetables like peppers and vidalia onions, garlic, savory vegetables like olives, oregano, basil, garlic, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, diced and pre-cooked chicken, olive oil, spicy vegetables like red onions or garlic.

Things that should not go on pizza: IDK... carrots? Probably should't have a pizza with, like, just... Baby Carrots sitting in the cheese?

Edited by Steampunkette
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/carrot-pizza-with-fontina-and-red-onion-56389448

Note, I'm not endorsing it. Just saying it's out there. 🙂

Sweet carrot puree sounds good to me. Add in your typical Mediterranean favorite spices and it could be really good.

But, like, straight up carrots just sitting on top of a pizza all hard? Noooo...

20 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

Things that should absolutely be enjoyed on pizza:

Various sausages, moderately soft and crumbly cheeses, sliced meats (Particularly if they're cured or smoked), sweet vegetables like peppers and vidalia onions, garlic, savory vegetables like olives, oregano, basil, garlic, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, diced and pre-cooked chicken, olive oil, spicy vegetables like red onions or garlic.

Things that should not go on pizza: IDK... carrots? Probably should't have a pizza with, like, just... Baby Carrots sitting in the cheese?

So I generally dislike olives, but I used to prefer my martinis somewhat dirty.

Edited by MunkiLord

3 hours ago, Chuckers said:

Pineapples belong on a plate by themselves or in a Dolewhip from Disney World/Disneyland. They do NOT go on pizza... EVER. I have spoken. 

"If God had intended for pineapples to be on pizza, He would've had Christopher Columbus discover Hawaii, not America!"

This is one of my classic Dad-sequiturs, which drive my kids crazy.

• Haha 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer