Focused Feedback: Pineapple vs. Pizza

Obsidian Light

Focused Feedback: Pineapple vs. Pizza  

500 members have voted

1. 1. Line in the sand: Does Pineapple belong on Pizza?

• YES!! Make my pizza extra fruity! Bring on the Pineapple!!
    • NO!! Keep that abomination away from my pie!!
    • Who cares? I'm hungry. FEED ME!!

I haven't read this whole thread in detail, but . . . has https://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/sciencecommunication/2012/10/07/the-flesh-eating-pineapple/ been mentioned yet?   The author of this particular article has clearly been negatively impacted by ingestion of pineapple, as they advocate eating it by the end of the article.  MADNESS!
I work in a kitchen.  The only time I feel my life is truly at risk, despite the blades and flames, is when I'm asked to prepare pineapple.

Pineapple:  Not Even Once.

• Haha 1

My favorite is Turkey Pepperoni (so, no turkey in it as opposed to no ham, as is not found in regular pepperoni), Vidalia onions, sliced black olives, and pineapple on half, for variety. Toppings in roughly descending order.

And THIN, yeasty crust, dammit:

Chicago-style is a form of lasagna!

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 3 weeks later

Sometimes pineapple's good, sometimes I prefer something else. The great thing about food is that it belongs to everyone and there are an endless number of ways of finetuning food to your tastes and coming up with new ways to eat that no one thought of before.

Fruity flavours definitely and very firmly have a place in tangy meals, a fact every lover of duck à'l orange, game (often eaten with cranberry sauce), sweet-sour sauce, Belgian fruit beer and other classics of cuisine can attest to. It's a great way to balance particularly strong flavours.

Pineapple is as great on pizza as ham, it's just a different style of having it. It's fine if you don't like it, but then others don't like olives on pizza, or artichokes, or even pepperoni (Neapolitan purists often seem to have a problem with the fat pooling on the pepperoni slices). Doesn't matter. Pizza is love, pizza is life - that is the only truth.

BTW, Tesco in the UK offers pizza made with sourdough. Now that's some good shit!

Edited by Dugunthi

• 2 weeks later
14 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Tell them to open up a place here in the States because I really want to try that.

Sourdough is super easy to make so I suggest trying yourself! Although getting an oven to perform well enough for proper pizza can be tricky. I think there are tips floating around on the web though.

The quality unfortunately dropped dramatically when they recently changed the packaging from a papemache surface wrapped in thin breathable plastic to a thick, sealed plastic bag. It now gets really soggy sitting around on the warm food counter.... 😞

• Like 1