suggestions on slotting reaction time

kendo339

looking for suggestions on slotting reaction time on a DP/MC.  looking at a variety of /MC builds on the forums, seeing a wide range of uses

- 6 slot heal set

- 6 slot slow set

- 3 slot end mod

- 3 slot end mod + 1 or 2 accurate heal procs

- 2 heal + 2 end mod

the 6 slot slow was focused more on blapper / melee and I intend to stay at range.  my planned build has 3 slot end mod  but could see how boosting the absorb might be useful

appreciate any feedback, especially once you get to 50, on some slotting ideas

I’ve done it two ways.

First, and my preferred, is six-slotting Numina’s.  With the full set you get a +3.75% Ranged DEF bonus, which is also how I planned my DP/MC build overall.  I softcapped Range defense.  The big regen bonus was nice also, but this is a build that doesn’t really suffer from Health deficiencies at all, particularly since I’ve slotted the Preventative Proc elsewhere.

Second, and I played with it for many levels, was to 5-slot Impeded Swiftness slow.  The bonuses weren’t quite as good, but if you’ve softcapped Ranged DEF otherwise, it’s a different playstyle.

Edited by Crysis

If you're not in desperate need of set bonuses, it's probably best to just toss two endmod or heal IOs in there and call it a day, with some extra muling for numina's or preventive medicine or whatever else procs you need.

Important note: you can put the Theft of Essence +end proc in there, which I think has a more frequent proc rate than the Performance Shifter +end proc for a bit of extra endurance.

edit: mileage may vary. If you're fine on end it's probably best to load it up with heal or slow for extra survivability, but my nrg/martial needs the blue bar more than anything else from the power because I'm the kind of person who runs travel powers in the middle of fights.

Edited by Amarlex

usually cut it off. unload my aim+heavy hitters with long timers, and then turn it back on as soon as it pops? It's not really a strategy as much as it is trying to leverage the temporary recharge boost so aim+nuke/heavy will be up for the next spawn.

In general, it gets triggered again before the mob stops being affected by it, or at least whatever is still barely clinging to life after you have cycled the big kabooms. I asm not actually certain how long the +rech actually lasts, though... it's just something I do when I have a spare moment.

Currently I have it slotted with 3 theft of essence heal and proc, and 3 performance shifter endmod and proc. I changed my slotting when I realized just how much it sucks letting stuff into melee range to utilize the stun procs.

Edited by Frostweaver
edit- the -rech and speed boost seems to last for about 8 seconds.

22 hours ago, Amarlex said:

If you're not in desperate need of set bonuses, it's probably best to just toss two endmod or heal IOs in there and call it a day, with some extra muling for numina's or preventive medicine or whatever else procs you need.

Important note: you can put the Theft of Essence +end proc in there, which I think has a more frequent proc rate than the Performance Shifter +end proc for a bit of extra endurance.

edit: mileage may vary. If you're fine on end it's probably best to load it up with heal or slow for extra survivability, but my nrg/martial needs the blue bar more than anything else from the power because I'm the kind of person who runs travel powers in the middle of fights.

This is me too. Current build has 2 end mod and 1 Panacea unique. But even that may be overkill. Not got all my final toggles running yet though so I'm waiting until 50 to see if it's needed or if I can drop the End Mods (or just one of them). From 1-45 though I have had no end issues. Have turned off blue insp drops!