copyrighted chars and npcs in game

cparks7040

50 minutes ago, Twisted Toon said:

Just so you all know, the picture on the left in my previous post was taken when the game was live. that was his third costume slot. And he'd had that costume since, 2005, I believe. I was never once notified that I was violating any IPs with that character. Yes, the colors and pattern were similar to Green Lantern. However, it is obvious that I wasn't trying for an exact copy. Can't really, since there isn't a lantern symbol in the selection of chest pieces. Even if there were, I wouldn't use it. As much as I like Green Lantern, I wouldn't want to blatantly copy him for this game. And Emerald Radiance isn't a green space cop for sector 2814. He's just a dude that can do things with energy.

The picture on the right is from the current incarnation of CoH:H.

The picture on the right is a nice evolution.

What was no more, is REBORN!

8 hours ago, DHS1014 said:

who cares its not live.... so why even bother worrying about it.

Several people in this thread alone, obviously... so why bother trying to make other people stop talking about something in which you have no interest?

Do we offend you in some way so much by simply discussing a topic that you seem to have used your first post  just to tell us all to 'shut up'?

The Internet is a strange and wonderful thing.

Edited by jubakumbi

25 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

why bother trying to make other people stop

... with that much irony, this thread may now need a Tetanus warning label ...

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

23 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

... with that much irony, this thread may now need a Tetanus warning label ...

So wanting people in general to stop trying to force other players into obeying rules that do not exist, wanting players to not piss on the creative output of others, wanting people to stop living in fear of lawyers, all this is now the same as wanting everyone to stop talking about the subject of Copyright and Trademark and policing fellow players over it at all?

Really?

Pax, you really, really seem want to bait me into saying something that will get me silenced, I am well aware of this fact. Won't work.

Much Love to You, @PaxArcana, Be Well, Enjoy Life.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

Pax, you really, really seem want to bait me into saying something that will get me silenced,

I have no such intent.

I merely observed the very real irony of your post.

• Thanks 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

And there was much rejoicing .... well, from one side of the crowd; there was mostly a great gnashing of teeth from the other.

I didn't mean you, specifically, Subba.  Just that there are people who will be especially unhappy with the new policy.

And if you look at the other thread?

I'm right.  There are.

<--- trying not to gloat.  I'm happy with the new policy, but I'm not going to go around shouting OH HA HA at people.

Well, okay ,.. I will, but only here at my desk, where no-one else can hear it.  😄 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

<--- trying not to gloat.  I'm happy with the new policy, but I'm not going to go around shouting OH HA HA at people.

Well, okay ,.. I will, but only here at my desk, where no-one else can hear it.  😄 

Truth, you.  I was really surprised at how lackadaisical the team was with it. 

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

3 minutes ago, subbacultchas said:

Haha. Hey it they'd taken the opposite route, I'd be doing a little happy dance at my desk too.

.... and I'd be the one making the whole "gnashing of teeth" sound thing. 😄

Rename him Crush-It Carl ... or Smash-It Steve ... or Break-It Brett ... or ...

1 hour ago, subbacultchas said:

We are not so angsty as all that. My issue was more pressure from players on how you should play. I have no issue with owners making this a rule, not on live, not on here. I just very much do not like the idea of players accosting other players over perceived infringement.

Agreed.

12 minutes ago, PaxArcana said:

Rename him Crush-It Carl ... or Smash-It Steve ... or Break-It Brett ... or ...

2 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Hamfist-It Hank?

I only got that one to level 5 and I was messing around with the custom arms scaler, a 'product' of experimentation, I was pleased with the results and kept it..... well, until now. I don't think it's going to work if it's not 'Wreck-It Ralph' after all. =P

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory