Please uncap Hami zones again....

TCUFROGS

The market here is far beyond better than that abominable thing once live. It doesn’t matter if it takes direct Dev intervention, farming or sacrificing Empathy to the Dark Gods, be happy that we no longer have the “grind-o-mania” crafting system.

Now, back to “zone caps for Hamidon nightly snorefests”.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

We were asked by a GM to NOT discuss economics.  I'm abiding by that and not responding to above items I might otherwise respond to.

50 minutes ago, Display Name said:

My first "real" Hami raid occurred the day the change was made to the zone cap. 

One thing I keep bringing up because I think it's important, is that different severs are different.  On Everlasting, the straight-up "burn Hami" tactic was only used sporadically and mostly in the last couple of weeks (and even then, only about half the time).  Hell, on Sunday, we did a full version with about 40 players and cleared three blooms (and had to back off to deal with a double bloom at one point). 

You obviously had very different experiences and I've come to see that Hami really does need a limiter to it.  I think Hami as a full-league trial is probably the best way for him to exist.

Anyway, MSR is the one I feel needs to be uncapped.  It was already reward limited and the difficulty difference between 48 players and 100 players seems fairly minimal.  I'm not pushing for the 200 cap to be restored (since there are very real performance issues at a certain point), but 100?  Even 75?  I'm all for that.

23 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

Now, back to “zone caps for Hamidon nightly snorefests”.

The Hamikaze (before the zone cap) was the snorefest.  

The only individual jobs for the raid were the leader and the taunters.

No yellow team.  No blue team.  No green team.  Establish aggro and then have everyone run in and just beat Hami down.  While the rewards for that method were great....it was indeed a snorefest.

No that we're back to the original method we've been having a LOT more fun.

24 minutes ago, Foxfyre said:

The Hamikaze (before the zone cap) was the snorefest.  

The only individual jobs for the raid were the leader and the taunters.

No yellow team.  No blue team.  No green team.  Establish aggro and then have everyone run in and just beat Hami down.  While the rewards for that method were great....it was indeed a snorefest.

No that we're back to the original method we've been having a LOT more fun.

Perhaps I’ll attend one of those now on Excelsior.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I lead two Rikti mothership raids on Excelsior server last night.  There was no griefing, the lowest level PC I saw there was level 41, and it went very smoothly.  In fact, I personally netted 1,694 Vanguard merits per raid on average between the two raids, which is by far the most I've obtained in several dozen Rikti mothership raids since June.  Zone caps FTW.

Edited by Apparition