UI Problems? I think?

Savantir

There were some changes to the UI settings with the latest patch. 

On 9/10/2019 at 2:32 AM, Leandro said:

General

• The 32-bit client should now work properly on Windows XP and old versions of MacOS; please let us know if you still need the Safe Mode client.
  • Native High DPI Scaling mode. The game will now use the Windows UI Scaling setting for the monitor it is currently played on. You can disable Automatic UI Scaling from the Options (under the Windows tab) and change it manually. This slider can scale a lot more things than the old Window Scaling setting, which is still available via slash commands for individual windows.
  • Added option under Windows tab to independently change the size of the names above players' / NPCs' heads.
  • Added the ability to select Borderless Fullscreen mode in any monitor connected to the system.
  • Corrected an issue that caused some billboards in the game to have swapped the colors blue and red in the 64-bit client.
  • Fixed a crash on certain missions that spammed LOTS of chat bubbles (Confront Veles, Investigate Harvan's Lab).
  • You can now move stacks of salvage out of the vault again.

You may need to adjust your settings now due to it.  But more scaling options! 😄

• Retired Game Master

The UI scales more smoothly and consistently now, including the menu, chat bubbles and window text which were previously not scaled with the rest of the UI.

"Automatic UI Scale" in User Interface links the base UI scale to your operating system scaling settings and the dimensions of the game window.  Turn this off if you want to tweak the overall scale.

You can scale individual windows with the /windowscale windowname N command, or the entire UI at one shot with the /uiscale N command, where N is the scale you want (N = 1 corresponds to 100%, N = 1.1 is 110%, and so on). 

If you want something closer to the previous UI scaling sizes, turn down the UI scale, then turn up the window scale to compensate.

Edited by GM Capocollo

• City Council

Sounds like you have a high DPI monitor and your display scaling in Windows is (either manually or automatically) set higher than 100%. The game respects that now and is fully DPI aware.

This change is mainly so people with ultra-high DPI 4k+ monitors can just run the game at native resolution without everything being too tiny to read, and not have to mess with any compatibility settings or get part of the screen cut off.

10 minutes ago, Savantir07 said:

No way just to revert back to the way it was? Seems like a hassle.

Yes, just turn off "Automatic UI Scale" under the Window tab in the options menu, it's the first one on the list. Then set UI Scale back down to 100%.

Or simply type the command /uiscale 1

Either method will set it back to exactly how it was.

37 minutes ago, GM Capocollo said:

You can scale individual windows with the /windowscale windowname N command, or the entire UI at one shot with the /uiscale N command, where N is the scale you want (N = 1 corresponds to 100%, N = 1.1 is 110%, and so on). 

/window_scale works, I couldn't get /windowscale to work. Will there be an option in the future to revert back to the normal window scaling?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Yes, just turn off "Automatic UI Scale" under the Window tab in the options menu, it's the first one on the list. Then set UI Scale back down to 100%.

Or simply type the command /uiscale 1

Either method will set it back to exactly how it was.

This does not set it back to the way it previously was though. I don't remember my exact settings, but I'm pretty sure it was 125% but the mission title, tram locations, chat bubbles, enemy/npc healthbars, and all that were not so huge.

• Like 1

• City Council

UI scale is a new option, it didn't exist before. If you change it, it affects chat bubbles and healthbars, etc.

If you're talking about the "window scale" option that was there previously, it's hidden if your window scale is set to 100%, so if you had it set to a non-default value it should still be there. It scales some but not all windows.

Try /windowscale status 1.25

Then go into the options menu and see if you have a "Window Scale" option (separate from "UI Scale"), which may do what you're expecting if you keep UI Scale at 100%.

Update: I've gotten everything fixed except for the mission titles (eg. Assault Striga Isle) and the tram locations being abnormally larger in font size than normal. I'm not entirely sure where that setting would be located. The chat font size option does not change their sizes at all.

• Like 1

• City Council

Try /windowscale compass 1

(or a number between 0.75 - 1.25)

and

/windowscale mapselect 1

I don't think you'll be able to get those two exactly like they were before. Both of those windows did not properly scale their font size to the window and would always show the text at a fixed size regardless of windowscale. That's a bug and was a problem for anyone who needed to scale them up for super high resolutions.

Most of the instances of text not scaling with windowscale have been fixed, and those that haven't will be as soon as we find them.

Also it looks like mapselect doesn't save its window state to the server, so the scale for it will reset every time you log out (it inherits from whatever you have the "status" window set to).

I love the new UI scale settings. In another thread on Mid's Designer, I mentioned since Mid's always looks small to use windows desktop scaling set to 125% so that Mid's looks good & then for the game - setting game-options UI Auto-scaling to disable & manually setting scale to 100% with the slider - I've found this to be a great experience with both set-up this way & as noted above, you can re-scale individual windows in the game UI to taste.

I use a 4k monitor and am having issues since the UI change. I posted in patch notes, but was suggested I post here.

Every character has had their windows scrambled to the upper left. A hassle but not big deal.

Simply disabling the option does not change settings back to what it was, and using my previously  saved ingame settings just send everything to the upper left.

Trying various windowscale options with the scaling on. This helps return to where it was somewhat in usability, and I should be able to get most back where they were.

Remaining issues:

- Screen shot key no longer seems to copy to clip board (used to be able to press screen shot and then paste into paint or other graphic program).

- My floating power button trays become a different size to my standard powertrays (previously they were all scaled down and the same size.) They take up a lot of screen real estate now. /windowscale power doesnt effect the floaters, only the main 1-3 powertrays.

- When using window scale with or without the new automatic option disabled, the handles for the floating tray are nearly invisible. See tray 4 in screen shot 1

- Reticles are now huge, disabling Automatic UI doesnt fix. Playername is at 100% scaling. I don't know of a windowscale command that effects the reticle. This make play very visually noisy.

- Macro text is much harder to read, to the point, with or without the automatic UI and even if scaled at 300%.

- Map slider scroll bar is about a pixel big, making it more difficult to grab

- Text on scaled down IOs was hard to read before, now it's impossible.

- Unable to scroll down at all with inbox email - as in scroll bar doesn't appear though  I have enough emails to need it.

- Unable to scroll all the way with account items email, I can scroll a little but stops well before the end of account items. I can click subject to reverse the order and access the bottom account items but still only able to scroll down so far.

- No longer able to move divider between email header and email body, tried to see if I could access more of my account items/emails.

- Like the text on Macros, the text for team names on team windows is really painful to read, light white and small.

- Subjective: Gives me much more eye strain and headaches after short time playing. This didn't occur before.

Is there any way to keep the old setup? Please.

screenshot_190913-10-25-16.jpg

screenshot_190913-10-36-50.jpg

screenshot_190913-21-31-39.jpg

Edited by HeroReborn