Homecoming Team News (May 8th): Pack your bags, we're going to Canada!

GM Tempest

All these people going all hyperbolic about latency/ping who are not even listening to current US players who say it is not an issue currently unless the servers are hammered and then..and only then... are there random ping issues. You guys act like all of a sudden you will be seconds behind the action LOL. Quit being so dramatic.

These boards are getting to be more and more like the original boards where people will complain at just about anything. Most people didn't even know where the servers were located in relation to where they live, but now it's all "OH NO MY PING!" hahaha. You honestly think it will be that bad when the majority of the players are from the US and haven't complained about these issues except when the servers are bright red and queued? Stop complaining about stuff that has not been an issue and shouldn't be one... and instead just enjoy the frickin game.

I used to play from the UK in the original beta that was hosted in the US and latency was almost never a problem - unlike twitch FPS games the servers run at a fairly low "tick rate" and mask latency into a couple of hundred ms or so no problem.

Hey Guys,

From one of your furthest players. Auckland, New Zealand that would be. I have really great playing experience. I run around with friends in CA, USA. And aside from a bit slower getting through doors and such no real issues. Thanks for letting me live the dream again. :)

I play from Idaho USA and if the servers are in the Netherlands, I never really noticed. Everything seems to run fine, so I don't see the EU having much of a problem with it jumping the pond and still being closer to the eastern coast. As far as those server donations go, I'm not surprised. People love this game and have missed it dearly.

I only hope as well, being outside of North America, that the move to Canada doesn't cause any gating/throttling issues.  Current server location was relatively smooth, outside of concurrency issues that everyone experienced of course.

i know before this NA ppl were affected

See that's where you're wrong mate, it didn't affect me at all, the only lag I ever felt was felt as result of overloaded servers, not ping, this isn't an FPS, people used to play this on dialup back in the day <56k! :)

I used to play it on dial up. It was worse than early game Hami raids.

ahh thats sucks for me UK here...hopefully its not too bad... SWG EMU which uses the same host is terrible for me tho hopefully thats just their server.....But hey if all else fails Im sure an EU server will pop up if its bad.

Thanks NA players to reasuring us european player that latency wont be problematic.

i m still a bit concerned but i hope for the best

Yeah, if all of us can play fine with the servers over there, you guys should be able to play fine when the servers are over here.  I really see nothing to trouble yourselves over.  Crisis averted!  Worry is often just interest paid on debts that never come due.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

In the age of the Star Citizen crowd funding, I'd have to say that I'm never surprised with how people, who are passionate for a game, are willing to donate. 

I'm really glad that the community has come together in this.  Thats to the Devs/Mods/Admin Team for everything and to the fellow players who show that this game is one that people still are willing to spend their money on!

~Everlasting~

The Emperor of Mankind - Titan Weapon/Willpower Brute

Sigismund - Illusion/Radiation Controller

The only issues that might crop up is the route you ISP sends your connection through to the server.

As an example, I play a freeshard of another game that is located in I believe Germany.  There is a router within the route my ISP sends my data that tends to have 15-40% packetloss depending on the time of day and other unknown issues.  Because of that route I have some lag/disconnection issues that can sometimes be avoided with a VPN. (VPNs can create their own packetloss issues so there is no complete solution)

From what I've seen with the current Homecoming servers, I'm actually just barely missing the crappy router I mentioned above, since my ISP still routes in a similar way I just happen to switch to a different router on that exact hop that has the bad one for the other server.

We already get tons of stuttering and we're in the UK here. Hoping this doesn't ruin it for us.

Im in the UK too have zero connection issues or stuttering on the current servers being as they are based in the EU.... if your getting stuttering now I would look at your connection/computer but yeah moving to Canada is bad for us.... every game that I have tried playing that has had its server in Canada has been a bad experience not sure why....

We already get tons of stuttering and we're in the UK here. Hoping this doesn't ruin it for us.

Im in the UK too have zero connection issues or stuttering on the current servers being as they are based in the EU.... if your getting stuttering now I would look at your connection/computer but yeah moving to Canada is bad for us.... every game that I have tried playing that has had its server in Canada has been a bad experience not sure why....

There was some stuttering earlier today, but it seemed to be affecting everybody- possibly due to peak-time log-ins.

I'm no longer that worried, to be honest. I think things will work out just fine.

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

• Retired Game Master

As a EU/UK guy (wooo for the uk right? Brexit and all, fun fun fun *shots self in face with a gun*) I know the move over sea's seems bad for us - but honestly we shall be fine...

If not i will get Jimmy and feed him poop till he sorts it out ;)

Jokes aside, we shall be fine guys =)

hexapixel_alpha.png