Fixing Nature: Lifegiving Spores and Wild Bastion.

WindDemon21

Lifegiving Spores to start needs some vast help. It's heal is only like 2.5% base when it tics, and it only tics once every 4 seconds. This power REALLY needs looked at as its practically next to useless in it's current form. It would be much better at least as a pbaoe toggle like pains, but honestly it's the 4 second proc rate and such minimally low stats that make it useless. These should easily be boosted higher, and the proc rate hands down should be at least 1 second not 4. It's also very annoying having to constantly recast as a toggle. It would be much better as a location power like tree of life or changed to something else altogether. For reference, the endurance is only a 15% recovery boost essentially, even less if you factor accolades in and max end bonuses. If you go ham on recharge for overgrowth though this is next to useless, and the heal is so pitiful plus you have to stay within it's aura, this whole power needs reworked BADLY.

Wild bastion also needs looked at severely. Absorb has some uses, but all it is is a pre-heal, which goes just as fast as your health does, and the devs WAYYY miscalculated it's usefullness when they factored it's recharge/value. 240 second base recharge for what's basically i believe a 70% heal and 50% absorb only when fully slotted (of the def/troll/corr health base value only) is honestly quite pitiful for just a heal and preheal. It's an "oh sh!t" heal, but for just a heal, and limited use of the absorb as mentioned, it should easily be on a MUCH shorter timer of at least 120 seconds at the very least, if not a 90 or 60 second base recharge. Absorbs really only work if they have about 80% of the same amount/rech as a standard heal would and can be just as spammable.

Edited by WindDemon21

Mmmm. As someone with a Nature fender..no.

Nature is a pretty damn awesome set, and different enough from other sets to make it interesting and fun, at least to me.

The entire point of Spores IS to be a tiny heal and end recovery power. If it was better, the end cost (which is almost nothing) would shoot up even more. It might not be as good at 50, but for a to50 power, with just teh one slot, it is pretty awesome.

Wild Bastion..is also great. It is the perfect support panic button, and can easily turn a 'one sec from team wipe' situation into an easy win. On a timer of 120 secs, which is basically sub 60 with slotting and less with IOs, if would just be stupidly good. Like a team wide DullPain power.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

Mmmm. As someone with a Nature fender..no.

Nature is a pretty damn awesome set, and different enough from other sets to make it interesting and fun, at least to me.

The entire point of Spores IS to be a tiny heal and end recovery power. If it was better, the end cost (which is almost nothing) would shoot up even more. It might not be as good at 50, but for a to50 power, with just teh one slot, it is pretty awesome.

Wild Bastion..is also great. It is the perfect support panic button, and can easily turn a 'one sec from team wipe' situation into an easy win. On a timer of 120 secs, which is basically sub 60 with slotting and less with IOs, if would just be stupidly good. Like a team wide DullPain power.

I have a Mercs/Nature MM rapidly closing in on 50 (I think 45 now?) and I agree.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Except it's not dull pain, its absorb, which goes away as quickly as its value of regular health. I'd be much happier if it was a max hp boost rather than absorb. Yes as I mentioned it's an oh sh!t heal, but that's not anywhere near worth a 4 minute base rech.

And if you think lifegiving spores is that worth it you're insane. Look at how low the values for it actually are. It's also quite annoying as a toggle that can be mezzed off. I'd be much happier with a click location, or honestly a pbaoe heal type power with just long dot. But even as a click location that replaces itself when you use it would be much better, but that said even its proc rate of 4 seconds for such a tiny amount is completely useless for a power choice.

Actually as a pbaoe "buff" that just does the constant small dot heal and end would be way better than it's current form and I'd be way happier with that. Outside of the too low values and proc rate though the biggest issue is the annoying of the constant relocation of it as a location toggle, and that it can be mezzed off. Why having it as a perma pbaoe buff or even toggle would be so much better, or a location click instead of toggle power like spirit tree.

You do realise than nearly every support based debuff/buff can, and will, be mezzed off? That is nothing new. I know what the number are, and it is NOT a completely useless power at all. A one slot wonder (well maybe not that good). Could it be way better? Certainly, but so could every other power in teh game. An aoe +end power..well, there is nothing like that, aside from the Elec Control sleep (that sorta gives back end) and Transference.

I would like to say a few things as the proud owner of a Nature/Plant Controller (my first 50 since the return, btw):

Lifegiving Spores is SUPPOSED to give a small Heal because the rest of the set gives great Heals. Where it shines is that it also restores End which many sets do not.

Wild Bastion grants a Heal AND Absorb for everyone in the range which is GREAT!

The End cost for LS is minuscule and not worth slotting for so you drop in one Heal IO and one End Mod IO and forget it.

My biggest complaint is that I forget to turn it off when I leave the spawn point but that's my issue and has nothing to do with the power itself.

15 hours ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

<snip>

My biggest complaint is that I forget to turn it off when I leave the spawn point but that's my issue and has nothing to do with the power itself.

Yes, it would be nice if leaving the range of being able to cast it toggles it back off again. But that would be too small a change to ask for. Now, a low FX option that didn't obscure combat would be a benefit to all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zandishere said:

Yes, it would be nice if leaving the range of being able to cast it toggles it back off again. But that would be too small a change to ask for. Now, a low FX option that didn't obscure combat would be a benefit to all.

I like having options when possible so yeah...a low-fx option that was less obscuring would be nice.

The end it gives is only about 15% recovery with an end mod IO when people have accolades and they have to stay in it constantly to get the benefit. The end gained by it is far too small on a 4 second proc rate especially when it can be mezzed off. I would easily go to say at the very least it's radius should be way more increased in it's current form or some reasonable mix to upgrade it. And yes other powers can be mezzed off on defender/troller/corruptors, but they also do WAY more than this power does.

I also agree as I stated in my main power that part of it's issue is how it is a ground toggle, where it would be served much better if it was at least a location click power like spirit tree. Short recharge, and/or honestly replaces the original, but if it could stack that would actually start to give it some more merit as well.

The easiest fix really would just be outside of location click instead of toggle, is to reduce the proc rate of the power to 1 or at the very least 2 seconds.

On 9/16/2019 at 6:06 AM, WindDemon21 said:

The end it gives is only about 15% recovery with an end mod IO when people have accolades and they have to stay in it constantly to get the benefit. The end gained by it is far too small on a 4 second proc rate especially when it can be mezzed off. I would easily go to say at the very least it's radius should be way more increased in it's current form or some reasonable mix to upgrade it. And yes other powers can be mezzed off on defender/troller/corruptors, but they also do WAY more than this power does.

I also agree as I stated in my main power that part of it's issue is how it is a ground toggle, where it would be served much better if it was at least a location click power like spirit tree. Short recharge, and/or honestly replaces the original, but if it could stack that would actually start to give it some more merit as well.

The easiest fix really would just be outside of location click instead of toggle, is to reduce the proc rate of the power to 1 or at the very least 2 seconds.

Again..you are missing the point of the power. For ONE slot, it is good. One slot powers give more flexibility to builds too. ANd people having to stay in it for a benefit? Damn, being forced to use tactics..crazy, right? All snark aside...I DO find the drop aspect of teh power a bit annoying, especially in fast paced teams. Having it as a Toggle but buffing around the caster would make it easier to work with in nearly all situations.

It would be very nice if it didn't require so much recharge to make Nature shine.

I have to say,  I like Wild Bastion on my MM.  I have 1002 HP.  Every 63 seconds I can pop Power Boost and Wild Bastion.  I can do it even faster than that if my force feedback proc goes off a few times.  Every player in the group and all of our pets get an instant extra 658.9 HP.   I think that it was originally meant to be an alpha strike eating ability.  But with good defenses and resists,  most of the time i still have most of it on me and my pets.   I also use Entangling Aura when I solo, so I stand in Lifegiving Spores to keep things topped off as i stand in melee range and cast my piddly attack chain.  Right now I have it 6 slotted with Panacea, so everyone/thing that stands in it gets the Panacea proc.  I could cut it down to 2 or even 1, but i don't really have that many places to put the slots and the Panacea recharge set bonus is nice.  

So every 4 seconds, and a random proc.

[22:33:41] Lifegiving Spores heals you for 52.83 points.
[22:33:41] The Lifegiving Spores causes you to recover a small amount of endurance.
[22:33:45] Lifegiving Spores heals you for 52.83 points.
[22:33:45] The Lifegiving Spores causes you to recover a small amount of endurance.
[22:33:49] Lifegiving Spores heals you for 52.83 points.
[22:33:49] The Lifegiving Spores causes you to recover a small amount of endurance.
[22:33:49] You are healed by the Panacea effect for 71.75 points of healing.
[22:33:50] Eco System grants you 7.67 points of endurance with their Panacea: Chance for +Hit Points/Endurance!

There are basically 3 layers to damage mitigation.   Defense, Resists, Health.    Nature brings the last 2 by Absorb, Regen and Lifegiving Spores (basically regen).  

I use this macro to put Lifegiving Spores just under my feet but a little bit in front of me.  Now in uberfast groups i don't bother with it.  unless i see someone gasping for endo.  

/macro SPORE powexec_location me:8 Lifegiving Spores

To make Nature shine, you need recharge, recharge, recharge.   and then more recharge.     Power Boost is nice for it also, but not necessary.

Edited by SmalltalkJava

On 9/16/2019 at 6:53 PM, Razor Cure said:

Having it as a Toggle but buffing around the caster would make it easier to work with in nearly all situations.

Truth... but you could keybind,

??? "powexec_location me Lifegiving Spores"

which would drop LS on top of you. I also have a key that has

"powexec_toggle off Lifegiving Spores",

along with other Toggles I want to shutoff (Sprint, Ninja Run, etc.). The nice thing about toggle-off is that you can put multiples toggle_offs on the same keybind, so you could use the same key for any AT you play, just keep adding the toggle_offs to the line.

It would be nice if there was a "powexec_toggleon_location me" command.

Again though it should be a pbaoe toggle at least as well then. And as mentioned it's only like 12% base recovery in the end which is insanely paltry even with an included, but insanely weak heal over time. Regarding the values if it procd every second it would be about where it should be at.

• 1 year later
21 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

Would it Spores not shine if given Performance Shifter +end and Panacea procs? How about other procs?

No, that would only benefit the caster.

And nature can be nice, but i hardly find it OP. Specifically spores and wild bastion simply need some stat tweaks.