These videos are incredible and invaluable.

I have a problem on Excelsior redside: I built our base "small" because I share it with one person, but now we want to increase its size because we want a lot of IO storage.

There doesn't seem to be a "self-destruct base" command so can I just turn what I have into a much larger plot so I can drop, say, 10-15 enhancement tables, 10+ salvage containers and portals to all the zones? :s

25 minutes ago, Neuronia said:

These videos are incredible and invaluable.

I have a problem on Excelsior redside: I built our base "small" because I share it with one person, but now we want to increase its size because we want a lot of IO storage.

There doesn't seem to be a "self-destruct base" command so can I just turn what I have into a much larger plot so I can drop, say, 10-15 enhancement tables, 10+ salvage containers and portals to all the zones? :s

You can easily have porters to all the zones and all the storage even on the smallest plot. 

You can definitely just upgrade your plot and your existing base will be a portion of it so you can then just add rooms and whatever you need from there.  

There is a limit on storage items, I believe 18 total was the last I heard, so 10+ salvage and 10-15 enh tables won't work.

Happy building!

Emmy is right, the limit is 18 total for all storage type  containers.

You can delete your base by moving the storage containers to the entry room (the delete won't work if there is a storage container with anything in it in the room), and deleting all other rooms. You can also edit the base  plot any time you wish; you can even make it the same one, just re-positioned. But the "delete room" is the closest thing there is to a base wipe.

Emmy is also right in that you can get everything you need for a functional base into a very compact area. Here are pictures of a base I'm working on. While I'm working in the big room, I've set up the entry plus a small connected room which houses everything a base can have in way of services.

NPCs, looking back towards entrancescreenshot_191122-19-41-03.thumb.jpg.b747b36a196d98a2e7fbc266c76321ab.jpg

Teleporters (you can size them much smaller)

screenshot_191122-19-41-14.thumb.jpg.5c8d61967016c9047b8c421f92e5fd9a.jpg

Medical, with entry in back for distance comparison:

screenshot_191122-19-43-40.thumb.jpg.ec4d38b0990a1fe3795152b974defaa3.jpg

A look towards the workshop, with mission computer and Ouros to the right side:

screenshot_191122-19-44-37.thumb.jpg.9149328294ff284c78020f5365ba7e7e.jpg

Work area:

screenshot_191122-19-45-08.thumb.jpg.2f20d3fdc4f7403744a481cc7f43976b.jpg

Nothing too fancy, but also nothing too dull. I simply used the base coloring to help add interest, and then added a very few visual extras, and made the storage area neater with my put-it-behind-the-wall approach. I did dress up the medical area a bit, but all in all, it did not take me long to do this. Now they have a functional base while I work on the big showy part of it.

-Dacy

• Like 1

Dacy, I just want to say THANK YOU for these vids! I was cognizant of the fact that I could rotate things and put them partially through walls, but it never occurred to me that I could flip an enhancement table, stick it 90% through a wall and make it look like a closet or something! I even managed that with the Inspiration storage machine, which saves a LOT of space!

• Like 1