Please (let us) copy our characters to Pineapple

Robotech_Master

I'd like to try out the new Tanker changes with my own Tanker to see how it would affect her, but I have neither the time nor the desire to rebuild her from scratch on the server, even if the XP and recipes and stuff are free. 

Could you please provide a way for us to copy our already-existing characters from a regular server to Pineapple as they are? Either by individual request, or perhaps tie it into the character transfer system but leaving off the part where our character is deleted from the server it's currently on. Or even just let us copy every character we've created over to our Pineapple account in one go; given that we have 1,000 slots available, few of us should have created more characters than Pineapple can have room for.

• Like 3

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

If this was possible, I would do more testing on Justin's Pineapple.  

Codebase wise it shouldn't be an issue, if my live character can't make it over to Pineapple's code, than Pineapple's code shouldn't be moving to Live.

• Like 2

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

This seems like such a simple no-brainer idea.It makes you wonder why it hasn't already been implemented.....Which makes me suspect there is a serious issue with making it happen.

Would dearly love to see it happen tho,and I think it would clearly get more people to test.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:16 PM, SuperPlyx said:

This seems like such a simple no-brainer idea.It makes you wonder why it hasn't already been implemented.....Which makes me suspect there is a serious issue with making it happen.

Would dearly love to see it happen tho,and I think it would clearly get more people to test.

We were able to do this on the live test server.  Should not be a problem.

• Like 1

Agreed.  This would make testing much easier as I only have 1 tank I'm really familiar with and spending 30-60minutes recreating him (especially each time there is a wipe) to test stuff does not excite me at all (this holds in general for other testing - I've mostly been testing combos that don't exactly match live so I can get myself interested in doing it that way).

• 1 month later
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, Mr. Igneous said:

We were able to do this on the live test server.  Should not be a problem.

This, people used to do this on live as a way to test out their power choices. A sort of freespec if you will that had no danger of being a pricy choice. And it didn't cost anything to do so back then either.

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• City Council
On 9/14/2019 at 5:16 PM, SuperPlyx said:

Which makes me suspect there is a serious issue with making it happen.

Since the thread got resurrected: yes, there is a serious issue. One of the team would have to write it themselves, since the Live tool didn't come with the source. This would take time, and between real life commitments and other things being worked on behind the scenes, it's not a high priority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

23 hours ago, GM Widower said:

Since the thread got resurrected: yes, there is a serious issue. One of the team would have to write it themselves, since the Live tool didn't come with the source. This would take time, and between real life commitments and other things being worked on behind the scenes, it's not a high priority.

Well that would certainly put a damper on things. With Mids and costume imports, it shouldn't make for too much of an effort to create alts really. It's not like the badge related powers necessarily become an issue on a test server (haven't played on it, so don't know what it is).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)