Where Are We Lore'wise?

Paragon Vanguard

I cannot seem to find anything that tells where we are lore'wise. I know we are in the age where Galaxy City was destroyed, but where are we at as far as everything else. I know you can get little snippits here and there with the ingame lore, but I would like more than that for actual story telling. If there is a link to something, please let me know, or, if you are in the know of it all. Thanks in advance! 🙂

• Like 1

Paragon Vanguard
Jerrin Bloodlette
Hughe
Luke Minhere
many others

If you're asking "where?" the answer is Rhode Island.

If you're asking "when?", the answer is a bit more complicated, mainly due to the seven years the game was shut down.  Each individual or group seems to treat it differently.  I've seen some RP SGs treat it as if it's been an actual seven years since Galaxy City, and others act as if it's only been a few months since that event.  Unfortunately, there is no defined canon answer at this point.

Edited by Blackbird71
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Blackbird71 said:

If you're asking "where?" the answer is Rhode Island.

If you're asking "when?", the answer is a bit more complicated, mainly due to the seven years the game was shut down.  Each individual or group seems to treat it differently.  I've seen some RP SGs treat it as if it's been an actual seven years since Galaxy City, and others act as if it's only been a few months since that event.  Unfortunately, there is no defined canon answer at this point.

I think you gave me a definitive answer! Thank you very much. 🙂

• Like 1

Paragon Vanguard
Jerrin Bloodlette
Hughe
Luke Minhere
many others

This: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Canon_Timeline   is a pretty good place to start if you want to see the canon timeline. There's a few spoilers, FYI.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

On 9/14/2019 at 6:22 AM, Blackbird71 said:

I've seen some RP SGs treat it as if it's been an actual seven years since Galaxy City, and others act as if it's only been a few months since that event. 

I've seen some players who treat it as both.

Can't speak to whole SGs, but "I took a time portal to 7 years in the future and...no time passed.  What happened to the world that caused it suddenly to blink out and them come back?" seems to be the basis for a lot of bios, at least.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 6:38 PM, Lazarillo said:

I've seen some players who treat it as both.

Can't speak to whole SGs, but "I took a time portal to 7 years in the future and...no time passed.  What happened to the world that caused it suddenly to blink out and them come back?" seems to be the basis for a lot of bios, at least.

Nemesis created a giant stasis field device and was going to hold the world hostage, but made a tiny miscalculation and it ended up affecting him, too. So EVERYTHING was put into stasis, until a power outage caused the machine to blink off, and let everyone out. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1