Pillar of Ice and Flame

Ukase

Supposedly, the "only" way to get an Ouroboros portal is to get into Ouroboros and get the Trusted with the Secret badge, or complete a mission from The Pillar of Ice and Flame from inside your sg base.

I have looked all through the various items and don't see any Pillar of Ice and Flame to set in the base.

I was on Halcyon and there weren't many folks that would just be able to drop a portal, so I thought I might earn it the hard way, but not sure where to go from here, as I don't see this object to place in the base.

Supposedly it goes in the "Control" room. The closest thing I saw was a Mission Computer, but it wanted a reward merit to run a mission. (I'm too cheap!)

Anyone have any insights on where I can find this Pillar?

There's a search box now. Type in flame or ice and if it's there it will pop up.

IIRC, Jim Temblor in Faultline. Finish his missions and you get the portal. I could be completely and utterly misremembering, though.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

The Pillar of Ice and Flame is a Control Aux item.

I appreciate your taking the time to reply. But this was something I already knew. What I don't know, is where to find it so I can place it.

If you look to place an item, you'll see a number of tabs - Arcane or Tech : Teleport, Power, etc. There is no category for Tech Control, or Tech Control Auxiliary.

As has been mentioned, there is a search function...

From the i25 patch notes...

Added Search function to UI. Clicking on 'Place Item' reveals the search bar. Remove query from search bar, to regain access to the complete base library.

You should be able to find it with a keyword such as "ice" or "flame" or "ice and flame"

As has been mentioned, there is a search function...

From the i25 patch notes...

Added Search function to UI. Clicking on 'Place Item' reveals the search bar. Remove query from search bar, to regain access to the complete base library.

You should be able to find it with a keyword such as "ice" or "flame" or "ice and flame"

And I thought there was no such thing as a stupid question. Forgive me - I was in my mid 30's and freshly divorced when I first started playing this game. Now I'm old and have to wear glasses to read. And I never knew there was a search function in the base builder! So, thanks for the information.

The search function is new to i25.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

Off-Topic but relevant to the question.

For the record: It is not the only way to Orobous.

1) Villains: The Path to Knowledge from Vincent Ross will earn the Entrusted with the Secret badge regardless of the player's choices during the mission. (Lvl 20-29)

2) Heroes: Complete Holsten Armitage's mission: Rescue Senator Dybalski (Lvl 30-40)

3) Have anyone else open a portal to Orobous and get the Exploration Badge (Pocket D is a good spot for quick help here)

One new way to get to Oroboros -- build a TP in your base and place the "Echo: Galaxy City" beacon on it.  From there, take the train to Oroboros.  If you travel to the top of the building's spire, you then get the "Entrusted with a Secret" badge.

D

Oh brilliant.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

Supposedly, the "only" way to get an Ouroboros portal is to get into Ouroboros and get the Trusted with the Secret badge, or complete a mission from The Pillar of Ice and Flame from inside your sg base.

False. Entrusted with the Secret Badge (and the oro porter) is granted additionally any time your character obtains a badge or story arc souvenir with a time travel element, completes a mission dealing with a time travel element. ANY of them, and there are quite a few. If you happen to go into Oro there's an explore badge (Chrononaut) in there and that's an easy way to piggyback on to someone's Oro portal. You can do the same trick by going into Recluse's Victory and getting a badge. The complete list of ways you can get Entrusted is listed here:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Entrusted_with_the_Secret_Badge

(according to this list an explore badge in Cimmerora does not award Entrusted and that, imho, is a mistake/bug.)

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

You can also get to Ouro by going to Echo Galaxy City.  There is a portal beacon for it.  When I went there and went to the train to see where it went, it had various other echo locations as well as an option to go to Ouro.

You can also get to Ouro by going to Echo Galaxy City.  There is a portal beacon for it.  When I went there and went to the train to see where it went, it had various other echo locations as well as an option to go to Ouro.

Awesome! Thanks for this.