How on Earth did THIS happen ...?

PaxArcana

Seriously ... what the heck is wrong with you people?!?Β  πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

wait-what-HOW.jpg

Global Handle: @PaxArcanaΒ ...Β Home servers on Live: Freedom &Β Virtue ...Β Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual GamerΒ ... Powersets:Β  Forum Melee / NeckbeardΒ ... Kryptonite:Β  Altoholism

• City Council

To prevent confusion and rioting in the populace, I will note that that's only inf gained since the move to Invision, as evinced by how that says you have 394 while you actually have 459. πŸ˜›

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher
Β 
Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? ConsiderΒ applying to be a Game Master!

I have no idea how that happened, but if it's going to take a riot to get it changed, well, call me.Β  I am, after all, a red-sider at heart.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.Β  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise!Β 

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

4 hours ago, GM Widower said:

To prevent confusion and rioting in the populace, I will note that that's only inf gained since the move to Invision, as evinced by how that says you have 394 while you actually have 459. πŸ˜›

.... OTOH, I am #3 overall, even including pre-move INF. πŸ˜„

wait-what-HOW-2.jpg

Edited by PaxArcana

Global Handle: @PaxArcanaΒ ...Β Home servers on Live: Freedom &Β Virtue ...Β Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual GamerΒ ... Powersets:Β  Forum Melee / NeckbeardΒ ... Kryptonite:Β  Altoholism

21 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I question the credibility of any list that has me so high on it.

I know, right?!? πŸ˜„

1 minute ago, Greeno34 said:

Ugh...this job is getting in the way of me making it on the leaderboard!!!Β  I've got to get on the ball!Β Β 

Β 

Kids can just teach themselves while I forum it up, right?

Naw!  What's really standing in your way is the fact that Devs have an inherent buff, where they are able to create a single post that automatically gets maximum attention due to the source, and if universally popular, maximum inf generated per minute. Imagine the theoretical skyrocketing numbers for the Dev that gets to post the announcement of a successful deal!  There would be no catching him!🀣

• Haha 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

25 minutes ago, Greeno34 said:

Ugh...this job is getting in the way of me making it on the leaderboard!!!Β  I've got to get on the ball!Β Β 

Β 

Kids can just teach themselves while I forum it up, right?

You can have the kids create accounts and like all your posts and grade them on it so you can say it was for educational purposes. The lesson can be about thinking outside the box or efficient use of resources. In this context the kids being a resource.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Abraxus said:

Devs have an inherent buff,

... then how do you explainΒ meΒ ...?Β  πŸ˜„

The "Dev Buff" (as it will come to be known) is a compensator for a proportionally low post count vs. inf gained ratio.Β  So, when one has a 1k+ post count (like yourself), the law of averages alone dictates that enough of them should have been interesting/compelling/entertaining/endearing to a sufficient percentage of forum participants, who in-turn, reward them, so as to ensure you are safely ensconced in the top 5 in perpetuity.Β  Over time, one would expect that to continue, or even rise if the deal is successful, and the population rises dramatically; thereby potentially providing even more fertile ground on which to base future discussions.

Β 

That's how I explain you. 😎

Β 

**I say all of this while questioning my own standing, because I don't consider myself that interesting in my forum banter, and yet, I find myself gaining some standing here as well.Β  So, it's obvious I'm no expert.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Abraxus said:

I say all of this while questioning my own standing, because I don't consider myself that interesting in my forum banter, and yet, I find myself gaining some standing here as well.Β  So, it's obvious I'm no expert.

Indeed, you're at about a 75% rate, compared to my just-over-45% rate.Β  πŸ™‚

Edited by PaxArcana

I think we need a metric that looks at your rating vs total number of posts.
This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm currently at 79 rep out of 101 posts (counting this one).

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.Β  I have Ironblade on every shard.Β  -Β  My only AE arc:Β  The Origin of Mark IVΒ  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

5 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

You can have the kids create accounts and like all your posts and grade them on it so you can say it was for educational purposes. The lesson can be about thinking outside the box or efficient use of resources. In this context the kids being a resource.

You win the internet!!! I'm so doing this tomorrow!! The kids each have their own chromebook so might as well use them!!!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Greeno34 said:

You win the internet!!! I'm so doing this tomorrow!! The kids each have their own chromebook so might as well use them!!!

If I start seeing multiple accounts showing 100% inf to post ratio, I'm gonna be just a bit suspicious as to the reasons. πŸ˜‰

Β 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I prefer my clubs to have high standards.

Yup!  Its a litmus test of their perception, and standards of which they are typically unaware.  If I get in, you need to seriously look at heightening both, and quickly!  Of course, by then, it's too late, but that works for me! 🀣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Greeno34 said:

Bill it as a lesson in how Sweatshops operate.

Β 

By, you know,Β running one.Β  πŸ˜„