Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

Hiya' DarZindel,

Sorry to hear we missed you. Must have just rolled out before you showed up. Hopefully we'll be able to connect with you next week.

We're back on Excelsior (the home of TT) next week 3/2. Meet in King's Row @ 6pm PDT/9pm EDT, by IP Gate and we'll get rolling from there.

** Don't forget all Shield ITFs on Torch at the end of the month 3/30!!

A good turn out on Indom, two Manti teams and much leveling! Thank you Witty for leading the other TF team!

See you all next week!

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

Hi all,

Looks like it's going to be a long day for me at work. Veteran TTers please get the event rolling and I'll see you if I get home in time to log in. Otherwise, I'll see you all next week!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

We did okay.  I joined a Moonfire team with my Fire/Fire/Pyre Tanker, Oriflamme, and we blitzed through that.  After that ended triumphantly, I queued up a +2/x8 Arachnos mission for 4 diehards.  We did a bit of dying and it was hard, but we burninated/smashified/slice'n'diced them all.  Everyone but the Arachnos goons were polite and friendly.

There needs to be a Tanker Tuesday record for "active mentoring."

Pep Rally's new shield tank went from level 2 to 23 in 2 hours.  It's not powerleveling, it's mentoring.  

Would have been more, but there was something wonky going on with foes not spawning at +4 to me.  They were spawning at level 51, max.  I have 3 level shifts to incarnate stuff, 1 level shift to regular content.

I didn't have this issue with the earlier MJ missions, but well into her arc now, past the 35 reward merit portion.

Edited by Kiloton

Hi all,

Thanks for getting TT up and running last night. I was able to get on for a few, but was to exhausted from my day to stay on for long. I'm not 100% sure, but Pep's leveling may be the fastest so far, I know we've had other players get close to that number of levels, but don't remember the exact total number (also I think they started later than level 2). Always, good to hear everyone had an enjoyable time.

With any luck I'll be able to attend Torch next week, which is where our next TTT will be held. See you al there. Same Tank time, same Tank place!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

1 hour ago, Warboss said:

Hi all,

Thanks for getting TT up and running last night. I was able to get on for a few, but was to exhausted from my day to stay on for long. I'm not 100% sure, but Pep's leveling may be the fastest so far, I know we've had other players get close to that number of levels, but don't remember the exact total number (also I think they started later than level 2). Always, good to hear everyone had an enjoyable time.

With any luck I'll be able to attend Torch next week, which is where our next TTT will be held. See you al there. Same Tank time, same Tank place!

I think my Stone/Energy Melee on Excel has the record... 2 to 27 back in December

Would be fun to see if we could get someone (or multiple someones) from 1 to 30 in a single TT though

• Thanks 1

Hey Ronin,

Thanks for posting that, I knew we had run someone up pretty quick, but couldn't remember the exact number of levels.

Kilo, I guess this thread will serve as a repository for our mentoring exploits (when they happen).  Although... technically Witty should be our "official" Tanker Tuesday Chronicler ( I think I actually gave him that title or something similar on live prior to sunset).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Hi all,

Another fun and sometimes brutal TT on Torch. Thanks to all our team leads, Hera, MsA and Sailboat for running the TFs and missions.

We're back on Everlasting, 3/16. Meet in KR by IP gate at 6pm PT/9pm ET.

TTT Reunion 3/20 @10:00 AM Pacific.

Indom on 3/23. Meet in KR by IP gate at 6pm PT/9pm ET.

All Shield ITFs on Torch 3/30!

See you all in game!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Every week on Tanker Tuesday I try to kill you all.  I don't do it because I'm an agent of chaos, I do it to try to teach you to be better tanks.  I will admit, the level of tanking has gone up a lot on the last 6+ months.  Aggro cap awareness, centralizing tanker PBAoEs, herding mentality has certainly improved.  I'm very proud of that.  When it works, it's sick.

Tanker Tuesday is a time when we can let loose, in an environment where can all grow.  Sure, we give each other static, and I treasure your feedback.  Yes, I'm an asshole.  I own that.

Personally, the most fun in this game I've had, since 2004, is when I was able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat as a tank on a team.  To hold the line, against odds that said I should die.  I love tanking while my health is blinking red, and I'm out of inspirations, and I'm praying for a power to recharge.  I think that's where tanks thrive.  Tanks aren't a build, they an attitude, I will continue to cultivate it.  You can tank with many ATs in this game, if you have that attitude.

Powers, technique, inspirations.  They are all in your bag of tricks.  I've never had more fun in this game, than when I'm at blinking red health, trying to hold the line as a tank.  Snatching victory out of the jaws the defeat is what keeps me coming to this game.

Maybe that's mean.  On Tanker Tuesday, it's certainly more aggro than you would ever face on a PUG.  If you can handle a full team of tanks drawing aggro to a single location, you can most certainly hold it on a PUG.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Hope everyone survived the time change and is doing well. Just a reminder we're back on Everlasting tonight, so meet in King's Row @6pm PDT/9pm EDT and we'll get rolling from there. Also if King's Row goes through the zone maxing, we'll just shift over to the IP side of the gate. So meet in King's, if you can't get in either send me a tell or send a chat through TankHQ and we'll shift zones.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Hi all,

Although I had to bail a bit early last night, we definitely had a good run. Thank you Witty for leading the ITF, and to Kilo for taking the missions team once I logged. I hope you didn't kill them too badly...

This Saturday we're back on Reunion @10:00 AM PDT, so join us there for the TT weekend edition.

The 23rd, we're on Indom.

And to finish the month (5th Tuesday!) we're returning to Torch for all Shields ITFs!!

Hope to see you all in game soon!

• Like 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

I think I just allowed you to fulfill your role in attempting to kill us... although today you didn't really need much help...

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Apparently, we all thought it would be a good idea to gather up a few mobs on our way to save the last hero in Posi 1.  Ended up with a steady stream of pissed off CoT, with probably all of us at aggro cap.  Fun near team-wipe!

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2021 at 12:26 PM, Kiloton said:

Reunion TT was a blast.  Finished Posi 1 & 2 and Yin.  Always a pleasure running with you fine folks, even if Warboss was took the role of Witty today.  He owes me 10M for rezzing him today.

Yeah, that was pretty fun/crazy. No matter how many we put down they just kept coming.

Oh, and on another note, we're on Indom tonight. See you all there!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

A little light on Indom tonight, but we managed to get a Numina's TF team rolling and a missions team going. Thanks to MsA for leading the missions team and to Hera for leading the Numina's TF team. We were able to merge teams after and continue with the missions/fun!

Thanks all for joining the event, and we'll see you on Torch next week for our "5th Tuesday" event, All Shield ITFs!! Same Tank time, same Tank meeting place to start.

See ya' then!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Hi all,

Just a reminder: Tonight the Shield Tanks on Torch got toe-to-toe with the Romans! Bring you shield Tank and join us in our first "all shield" ITFs!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Bah!  None of my screenshots took.  I key bound it to a different key, none of them saved.  I should have stuck with print screen.  Bummer 😞

Sorry, all, was fun!

Public service announcement for tanks:  take your mezz protection power, even it's a clicky and not a toggle.

A great 5th Tuesday run! Three all Shield Tanker teams taking on the Romans (the never had a chance!). Pics to follow.

Next week we're back on Excel. Meet in King's Row by IP Gate at 6pm PDT\9pm EDT, and we'll see you then!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

The Crew

shieldTanks.thumb.jpg.c6b690f27322dd5eadbb272da585386f.jpg

Wall o' Kelds

WallOKelds.thumb.jpg.1b3de6c80ca3b15204427b089bcaa7e7.jpg

Romi needs a hug

RomiGetsHeld.thumb.jpg.8e29621eba40dac4ff4bdf5d341588ad.jpg

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

3 hours ago, Ronin_Around said:

Was a hell of a fun night!

Not too many of my screenshots turned out, but this was as close as we got to a United Shield Charge, against the wall of Cyclopi

screenshot_210330-19-56-24.thumb.jpg.30d8881362616f65e09df1b5b70ba8cf.jpg

Yeah, with the varying recharge times, builds, internets, and such it was pretty hard to get a timed unison charge going. I think the best we did was the "continuous assault charge" (one Tank would plow into the mobs, then the next Tank, then the next Tank, etc...). Still had a blast and watching to goons get mowed down, stand back up, get mowed down *rinse repeat* was pretty fun and humorous. Also having me Def at about 123% all night pretty much meant that not a got through it. And since I had just upgraded my Hybrid T4 to the Melee Core Embodiment whatever did get through didn't do much (also running Cardiac T3).  

I don't think we've done a 5th Tuesday on Indom yet. So how does everyone feel about an MSR on June 29th?

Anyways, see you all next Tuesday on Excel!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

A good turnout on Excel tonight. We were able to field 3 teams. Two TF teams (Tin/Mage) and Citadel, and a missions team. Thank you Hera and Kilo for leading teams tonight.

Next week we're back on Torchbearer, 4/13. Meet in KR by IP gate at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT, and we'll get rolling from there. If you see two King's Rows we'll move over into IP right next to the KR gate.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Belated screenies.

Zot - Yes, that's a Tank shoot the BIG bot.

1466674740_Zot(1).thumb.jpg.a35209571384829b4cd100e63c7e0290.jpg

Ya' got me...

YaGotMe.thumb.jpg.ac984a6f0718322aa61cb3d1e31c1398.jpg

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable