Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

That's the problem as I see it is my tanker is on Recluse, the black sheep of the servers apparently. Unless I make an alt (which is fine) to play I probably can't join, but at the same time I don't want to have a different alt for 4 different servers just to participate once a week on a rotating basis.

I'd say stick to one server and be done with it. As someone who's not on Excelsior, I can make an alt there and play with you guys, but I don't want to make 4 alts to do the exact some thing.

Hoping to get in on this next time 'round (life got in the way this week). I have altitis so I'm happy to make a tank everywhere, tho as has been said it would be easier to stick to one server for focus purposes.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

That's the problem as I see it is my tanker is on Recluse, the black sheep of the servers apparently.

Recluse? Is that word play for Reunion? The original TT was only ever offered on the 1st Tuesday of the month on a specific server, so the tour allows us to visit other servers and still get our tanking fix in w/o having to wait a whole month for the next one. When we did the tour on live we tried our best to accommodate all the servers, however there are only so many Tuesdays in a month, so sometimes another day was chosen (Saturdays as Papa S. mentioned). This also allows Tank enthusiasts that are already established on other servers to join in w/o having to transfer their toons, lose SG affiliations, etc...

The only real issue with running on Reunion is the time zone off set. One obvious solution would be for Reunion to run their own version in conjunction with another TT event. However, if we want to "tour" Reunion, then there are a few more questions to ask.

1) Is there interest on ReUnion for a TT? If so, then..

2) Would it be best to run on a Tuesday (in conjunction), or would another day (Saturday) be acceptable?

3) If Saturdays are good for the tour, what time would be best? I'm a Westcoaster, so we'd need to start it around 9-10 am PDT to include the most number of folks possible (US and Euro), that would make it about 6-7 pm on the Euro servers (please correct if I've miscalculated)

4) Get a TankHQ SG going there (and on all the tour servers (as needed).

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

I'd be up for Saturdays - though if we're talking the times you just mentioned, Boss, I'd be up . . . around 6 to 7 AM on Saturdays, as I'm on the East Coast.

Granted, I'm up odd hours as it is, but that'd still be early. Very early  :-\

- Loranna

It’s almost the perfect set up for the tour now.  4 US shards and a euro visit.  Back in the old days it could be a couple months before the tour made it back to your home server.  Especially when your home server was Triumph, which I loved, but really became a bit of a ghost town towards the end.

I may have never gotten involved if not for the tour.  That spawned the birth of Brutal Thursday’s to run red side teams and eventually got me to put together the occasional Arachnos Friday Night Jamboree and Hootenanny for all veat teaming.

No worries about moving characters, SG issues and the like.  Play your favorites when the touring gypsy tanks roll thru your town or make an alt and join us gypsies.  Whatever works for each person but the tour will spread the love and keep that first week of the month on excelsior kinda special.

If TT is only ever going to be on Excelsior then as sad as I will be not to enjoy them, that will have to be the way it is.

From what I see here, Papa and Warboss are on the same page for making it a tour again.  I don't think the idea is to be server exclusive.

:)

Should I bring my Brute so Ultraaman has someone to look up to?

Or my Storm/Elec Tank >:)

Due to working graveyard I will not be awake at 7 CST, I wake up around 8 Pacific. You have my fondest wishes but that is all. Then again, you're a TANK. You can take it. Go make Ring proud.

Hi all,

Actually we have a large number of the original TT founders here, so as far as the event on Excelsior goes, they'll be running that. But I'm happy to help out in any way needed and/or contribute to the mayhem (ideas for TT's (like an all Tanker Hami). ;)

Since we're keeping TT on Excelsior as the 1st TT of every month, the remaining Tuesdays will be open to the "Tour". Let's plan this Tuesday (June 11th) as Torchbearer's turn, and we'll use PapaS's initial proposal as our guide to the tour.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer (my "home" sever, so I'll look into getting a TankHQ started there)

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting (Lor, I think you said your home was here, can you check and/or start a TankHQ here?)

4th Tuesday- Indomitable (If someone is already established here, let me know, otherwise I'll get one setup)

We'll keep everything pretty much the same as it was on live, with the event kicking off at 6:00 pm PTD/9 pm EDT, form teams, run TFs or whatever else folks want to try/attempt/run. In general this is a two hour event, so get ready to level your Tanks! Right now I think mine's in his 30's, and still needs most to the TFs running up to that level.

For this Tuesday, if you're just rolling a new Tank there, we might be able to coordinate a DFB run or two then hit one of the Posi's depending on time.

It might be a little funky as everyone gets their new Tanks developed on all the servers, so bear with us until we get a good range of participants and little more flexibility with what we can run.

Let me know if you're already on one of the other servers, and if you've got a TankHQ sg there or not.

I'm still waiting the hear back on the availability of Reunion, so nothing has been set for Euro server yet.

Let me know if you have other ideas or suggestions.

**edited, apparently some corrections weren't saved when I was posting, they have been corrected.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

I'm on Excelsior and would love to join in on a Tanker Tuesday. 

Is there any way to leverage server change tokens to move around each week?  Is there a cooldown on them or something?  It'd be cool if everyone could just meet on that week's server and then return back to their home server when done.

Hi, All

Let me know if you're already on one of the other servers, and if you've got a TankHQ sg there or not.

**edited, apparently some corrections weren't saved when I was posting, they have been corrected.

hiya Warboss.    I have a TankHQ sg set up on reunion and I started working on the indomitable base this evening, but certainly willing to hand them off to someone that makes those shards their home.

Looking forward to running on Torch tomorrow, that’s my main playground as well.  Will be a good stress test for my traveling play set up.  Seems to work fine in the instance maps but can be laggy in a heavily populated zone.

Hiya Warboss,

I am on Everlasting, and have a fully leveled, 50+3 Tanker ready to go ^_^. We do not, to my knowledge, have a TankHQ SG established yet on Everlasting; if any Everlasting Tankers are looking in on this thread, please give a shout if you've heard otherwise.

Since I've got a coupe of weeks before we run on Everlasting, I'm open to suggestions as to what we can run that Tuesday. If people are all starting new Tankers, we can go for the DFB/Posi combo, but I'm open to running most anything. Except Synapse. Or a Shadow Shard TF. But mostly Synapse :P

- Loranna

Hi, All

hiya Warboss.    I have a TankHQ sg set up on reunion and I started working on the indomitable base this evening, but certainly willing to hand them off to someone that makes those shards their home.

Looking forward to running on Torch tomorrow, that’s my main playground as well.  Will be a good stress test for my traveling play set up.  Seems to work fine in the instance maps but can be laggy in a heavily populated zone.

Hi PapaS, thanks for getting the SG set up on Reunion. I'll coordinate with you to get one of my touring tanks invited to the group. Also I was able to team with Heraclea last night on Torchbearer and we coalitioned SGs (something that had slipped my mind), so if we have other SGs on Torch that would like to do that, let me know and we'll get that set up. That said, this might also be a good way to get things up and rolling on the other servers (as we can use already built facilities if our TankHQs aren't fleshed out by the time of the event).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Hiya Warboss,

I am on Everlasting, and have a fully leveled, 50+3 Tanker ready to go ^_^. We do not, to my knowledge, have a TankHQ SG established yet on Everlasting; if any Everlasting Tankers are looking in on this thread, please give a shout if you've heard otherwise.

Since I've got a coupe of weeks before we run on Everlasting, I'm open to suggestions as to what we can run that Tuesday. If people are all starting new Tankers, we can go for the DFB/Posi combo, but I'm open to running most anything. Except Synapse. Or a Shadow Shard TF. But mostly Synapse :P

- Loranna

Hiya' Lor, thanks for the info and taking the lead on Everlasting. I'll pop by the server and check out the TankHQ situation (maybe today, depending on time) and get one set up if needed. I'm thinking for the first TT events (and maybe a couple after) that a DFB run (or two) followed by a Posi may be the way to go. As we get a larger group of Tankers leveling on each server we can step up other TFs and events. Hopefully in the near future, we can have a Tanks vs Rikti tour. ;)

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Okay, TankHQ is up and functional on Torchbearer. Hit me up tonight if you need an invite.

If we have any base builders, let me know I'd be happy to have someone tool out our homes (I tend to build for function, then slowly add the rest).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

I'd be happy to move one of my Torchbearer lowbie tankers to TankHQ and help trick out the base.  Let me know what kind of theme you're looking for. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'd be happy to move one of my Torchbearer lowbie tankers to TankHQ and help trick out the base.  Let me know what kind of theme you're looking for.

Hiya' Hera, I'm pretty good with any style, currently I have the base set as tech, just because that theme appeals to me a little more, but I'm pretty flexible otherwise. As I said, I tend to build for function rather than looks, so as long as I can find stuff w/o having to run all over the place I'm good. I'm not sure if I'll be on tonight, as RL is gearing up again, but shoot me a tell next time I'm on and we'll get your Tank moved over.

Also, thanks for leading a team last night (then the consolidated team), considering it was our first TTT stop and really didn't do much advertising, I'd say we had a decent turn out.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Hey guys... So, working on the Tank HQ base on Excelsior, I suddenly realized I had kind of taken some liberty with the logo.  Do we have an "official" logo I should be using?  lol

Hiya' IK, I don't recall a specific logo from live, but then I likely wasn't paying attention to it. Seems that one of the builds, a shield or something like that would be appropriate.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

And the Tanker Tuesday Tour rolls to Everlasting tonight so we can hang Lorna and company there. See ya' in King's Row!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Hiya' IC, I don't recall a specific logo from live, but then I likely wasn't paying attention to it. Seems that one of the builds, a shield or something like that would be appropriate.

My first thought was a shield, but then I realized that felt more like "defender". 

Currently, I have it set to the "punch fist".

I've rolled a tanker on Everlasting and so far gotten her to 9.  This one's a Radiation Armor/Street Justice. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Nice! LSK has the TankHQ star, but I think any of us can invite you. I'm on atm, so if you send me a tell, I'll get you into the SG.

On another note... just picked up Hand Clap, and ready to slot it.. ;)

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Great TTT all, very fun running with everyone again. I'd like to go on record for the most deaths every at a TT event. I now put out the challenge for anyone to beat it. I lost track somewhere near ten.

See you all next week on Indomitable!!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable