Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

Good to have you along. My vote would be Invuln... no actually I vote would be for Rad, but go with what you want to play. 😉

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

Hiho... 🙂

Why Rad by chance? Any advice would be appreciated... 🙂

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

18 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

I've seen WP/DM tankers be very effective. It's a great setup to be tanky without worrying about survival via click powers. I would take WP over Invul because DM synergizes better with DM (e.g.: stacking -ToHit from attacks and RTTC, Siphon Life as a heal to cover damage spikes, Recovery help to offset DM costs).

Rad is just really, really good. I'm not gonna push a brag list, but it basically pairs fair-to-excellent with everything.  

Dark already creates a lot of fluffy particle effects so tinting your rad powers to match allows you go with seemless theme as well.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Leaning towards ?/Dark, but I am not exactly sure. Willpower? Invulnerability again? Not sure.

Shield/Dark is a pretty great combo.  I've been stuck on Rad Armor for a while, so my Shield/Dark is still hanging around the mid 30s somewhere.  But Shield has great defense, a neat AoE attack, a taunt aura that adds to your damage, and good defense debuff resistance.  It lacks a self-heal and Dark Melee provides one in Siphon Life.  DM also does -toHit debuffing which neatly complements Defense and a +endurance power to help with the blue bar.

If fact, I think I might bring him up to 50 next.  It's him or the Rad/SS.... decisions.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

There's no particular synergy there.  It's just that Rad Armor is a solid armor set.  It doesn't need Dark Melee's heal.  It has a couple powers that can be turned into proc-nukes already, so Dark Melee's two just add to that.  Or, you could skip Dark Consumption if you don't want to spare the slots to proc it out for damage.  You won't need its endurance.  Betweeen the recovery, end drain resist, and putting a Theft of Essense in Rad's heal, you have all the endurance you need in Rad Armor.   So you might view that as a chance to choose some other power in place of Dark Consumption.   Or if you just want that many AoE proc nukes, you can go that route too.

Rad's weakness, if you can call it that, is Defense.  You can try adding this in with IOs and pool powers and, with a whole lot of investment, end up at or near the soft-cap.  And then a couple Cimerorans take it all away in a matter of seconds.   So the route I go is ignoring defense slotting.  If I take any pool defense powers like Weave, it's for the chance to slot a LotG recharge IO in it.  Instead pile on the resistance and recharge.   Because you lack defense, everything hits you.  So for that, Focused Accuracy from Energy Master to prevent being toHit floored by enemies using Dark attacks against YOU.  Tactics, if you can fit it, adds a little Confusion protection which you otherwise don't have.  Though this is a fairly rare problem and one that isn't usually that serious.  More of a slight annoyance that pauses your attacking for a few seconds (and which might end up with you taunting teammates as well).  But otherwise, if you build to Rad Armor's strengths, you will better weather those defense debuffing enemies if you build stuff they can't take away from you.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Hiho... 🙂

What everyone else has already said, and if you're looking at Dark Melee for the utility aspects of the sets, Rad Armor just adds to that. Two more heals (one that adds ablative HPS), Defense Debuffing, ability to slot -Resists procs, a team heal, self Damage and Resist increase power, looks cool, and color the set to match just about any theme. Could be just my bias but I think it matures a little faster than Invuln to, but don't quote me on that. I'm used to running Rad more than Invuln.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

38 minutes ago, Warboss said:

I'm used to running Rad more than Invuln.

Invuln is a brick wall, no doubt.  It just doesn't DO anything else that excites me.  If passive uncrackable survivability is what you are looking for though, Invuln is a great pick.  Then go find "fun" in the melee and pool sets and never worry about survival.

• Thanks 1

Hey, thanks for the info and advice guys... 🙂

For now I have gone for Willpower/Dark Melee, and so far he is fun as can be (not to mention quite sturdy atm), despite being low in lvl's. I went for Willpower instead of Radiation, not only to test it's symmetry out with Dark Melee, not to mention the non-endurance issues (eventually), but also because having some medical issues, I sorta work best with less "high maintenance" builds and set combos'.  And while Radiation does look great, it "appears" to be very click heavy at times, while Willpower (like Invulnerability) is more of a toggle and forget set. And I didn't go for Invulnerability, because I am a very, very old hand with that set, and know it quite well, and wanted to try out something a bit more newer for me. Here's hoping that Will/Dark is not only survivable (especially late game), but also fun as can be (not to mention NOT having any endurance issue, which always bugs me to no end lol). 😁

• Like 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

15 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Hey, thanks for the info and advice guys... 🙂

For now I have gone for Willpower/Dark Melee, and so far he is fun as can be (not to mention quite sturdy atm), despite being low in lvl's. I went for Willpower instead of Radiation, not only to test it's symmetry out with Dark Melee, not to mention the non-endurance issues (eventually), but also because having some medical issues, I sorta work best with less "high maintenance" builds and set combos'.  And while Radiation does look great, it "appears" to be very click heavy at times, while Willpower (like Invulnerability) is more of a toggle and forget set. And I didn't go for Invulnerability, because I am a very, very old hand with that set, and know it quite well, and wanted to try out something a bit more newer for me. Here's hoping that Will/Dark is not only survivable (especially late game), but also fun as can be (not to mention NOT having any endurance issue, which always bugs me to no end lol). 😁

Willpower seems like an excellent choice! I love it thematically as well. 

I ALSO think it has the potential to be one of the best team tanker sets with a full team behind it. Having that massive Regen on top of defensive buffs seems great on paper.

Dark Melee should be a great pairing as well, bringing the -tohit and heal.

• Like 1

Thank you @BuiltDifferent5, I love Dark Melee as well. As one who not only had a 50th lvl DM/Inv Scrapper during live, but was also one of the top 3 people who used the set on the server (Freedom I think? It's been soooo long, I sorta forget lol), I just loved how powerful and versatile the set was. My character (T'rel) was nigh unkillable, and that was during live. It's only gotten better since then on Homecoming. 🙂 So I am quite eager to see how this Will/Dark Tank I just created works out...

Good fun on Torch tonight. Two teams, one Manti TF (thanks for leading Trike!), and a missions team run Uni's arc (thanks for leading that PLV!).

screenshot_230530-19-32-55.thumb.jpg.292e28f35a44bcdb425227a055ff2057.jpg

screenshot_230613-18-48-25.thumb.jpg.47683702e6038db637d27c537e930be8.jpg

6/17 we're on Reunion. Meet in King's Row by IP Gate at 9:30AM PDT! ***
6/20 we're back on Everlasting 6PM PDT/9PM EDT and we'll get rolling from there!

• Thumbs Up 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

10 hours ago, Warboss said:

...and a missions team run Uni's arc (thanks for leading that PLV!).

My pleasure, as always.  We ran Unai, until he gave up Crimson, so what, four missions total?  Grand fun and many levels.  Reminder that we'll ALWAYS have a missions team so bring your baby tanks.  Epoch' went from 10 to 20? and Witty's new cheetah-themed tank got four levels to 28...all in less than an hour.  Also big thanks to MsA, who took the star and carried on the missions, after I dropped off.

Edited by PLVRIZR
reworded

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Yup, Epoch' (my Will/DM Tank) went from 10th lvl to 20th lvl, all in one hour or so. It was a blast yet again, and I appreciate the the Tanky team up. Now that I got the schedule down, next week I'll join in the Tanky fun again on Everlasting with Epoch', and maybe get him another 8-10 levels (if that is ok with you all). Again though, thanks for the Tanky fun, though I think I'm gonna have to stock up on more Rez's in my Email for the team; you know... just in case people may need them, and can't self Rez like a certain Princess can. 🙂 After all, the honor is to serve, as Worf would say... 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Yup, Epoch' (my Will/DM Tank) went from 10th lvl to 20th lvl, all in one hour or so. It was a blast yet again, and I appreciate the the Tanky team up. Now that I got the schedule down, next week I'll join in the Tanky fun again on Everlasting with Epoch', and maybe get him another 8-10 levels (if that is ok with you all). Again though, thanks for the Tanky fun, though I think I'm gonna have to stock up on more Rez's in my Email for the team; you know... just in case people may need them, and can't self Rez like a certain Princess can. 🙂 After all, the honor is to serve, as Worf would say... 🙂

Great teaming, Bjor!  What, four WP tanks of the six-tank team?  (you, me, MsA and Witty).  Col ran Vann and Indestructo ran Aggro-vader (not WP).  Hope I'm not missing somebody 🙂

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Fun times on Everlasting tonight. Two team, one Freakspec and a missions team. Thanks for taking the missions team tonight MsA. Much fun and leveling was had even on the lvl 50 team.

screenshot_230620-18-23-32.thumb.jpg.6337eaeed2f6a6f574a5ce2a3026392d.jpg

screenshot_230620-18-23-49.thumb.jpg.7bc88bee1dcaf181285347beabfe1732.jpg

screenshot_230620-19-04-30.thumb.jpg.ce51fa2b099522ac7d84bdb35852071f.jpg

Next week we're on Idom. See you all then!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

I took some pics too! For a little bit, then I forgot

9a9TdZQ.jpg

17 hours ago, Warboss said:

Freakspec

These are some funny looking Freaks!

hx2PCeQ.jpg

1jTK3VU.jpg

GKkjeKA.jpg

Infernal. A strong AV. Very tough if you're not ready. Diabolique. A stinky poo-poo pants that doesn't play the game. Very bad AV.

nvvS5nO.jpg

Xf860uF.jpg

Herding Council. Nothing like it!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Awww, I am so sorry I missed it guys 😞, though I am very happy that you all had fun and rocked it as usual. 🙂 Next week I'll make sure to be there, or be square lol...

On 6/21/2023 at 1:15 PM, Spaghetti Betty said:

9a9TdZQ.jpg

These are some funny looking Freaks!

Meh...Freaks, Rikti, TANKS SMASH!!!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

On 6/23/2023 at 1:20 PM, Shoguninsact said:

2 Questions: 

A: Will Tuesday July 4th be on the normal timetable, being that it's a major US Holiday?

2: Since August has 5 Tuesdays, what server will the 29th's activities be on?

Hi Shoguninsact,

Thanks for asking.

A. Typically on holidays we don't hold "official" TT events. So nothing major planned in case people have other plans. I may or may not be there depending on how crazy things get around here.

2. 5th Tuesday for August. We don't have anything planned at the moment, but we typically default to an MSR since it's one of the easiest events to run for a large number of players. If we do this, we'll run an instance again. Another choice would be a Hami, but that takes a little more coordination and players willing to bring Tanks with holds, or modify their current builds to accommodate holds (green mitos are the bane of Tankers). Or we could run some iContent. I'm a little rusty on leading them, but some of those work too. We've tried CoP, but didn't have enough people to pull it off/enough people to compensate for server timing (since folks are playing from various locations across the global). Of course we are open to suggestions. And, this time we should be on Everlasting (last one was on Torch, right?).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

21 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

i'm curious, are any lvls welcome ??

Generally speaking there is no level restriction at TTs. However when we're running specific content we are limited by that. So, if we decide to due a MSR the min level would be 35 (for the instanced zone, Hami would be 45 (50 realistically), iContent 50+. In a way the 5th Tuesdays of a month are slightly out of the "normal" TT event standards as we try to do something special/different.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Two teams on Indom tonight. One Posi 1 and 2 team and MsA lead the missions team (thanks for taking that group). Much fun and leveling was had.

screenshot_230627-18-50-18.thumb.jpg.e3afb398bb742f3a4b0598c2b884dbd9.jpgscreenshot_230627-19-21-00.thumb.jpg.c1b68ea677ea13f10ecbdb09efa41059.jpgscreenshot_230627-19-41-34.thumb.jpg.7e01a97398b99d79ac79299e0a3f5823.jpg

7/4 we're back on Excel 6PM PDT/9PM EDT. However, it's a US holiday, so there will be a casual gathering. Enjoy the 4th if you celebrate it. If not, Happy Tanker Tuesday! See you then or the following Tuesday!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Thanks to Warboss Jr., Mr Cleavan, Bicentennial Girl, and Kelvinate, as they joined Pengal, the cyber-Penguin from 3030 in a romp through the Hollow leading up to a confrontation with Frost Fire himself!  Lots of fun and levels were had!

We had a little false start, but a quick regroup and we were rolling.  The trolls were no match for our Tanky righteousness!

screenshot_230704-18-15-31.thumb.jpg.b8959ac9b81c9a3b0c620ddbd0387f67.jpg

We quickly had the Outcast base on the run😊!screenshot_230704-18-49-26_2.thumb.jpg.4765b3df4a5e97c886bf003e68ef91d2.jpg

We invited ourself into Frostfire's home, and helped ourselves to some new levels🙌:

screenshot_230704-18-57-04_2.thumb.jpg.a8b0785cd75f9eef10ade194706993f3.jpg

Gratz Mr. C👍!

We played with the slides😁:

screenshot_230704-19-03-35_3.thumb.jpg.4ff4a891d8688e3f8916d39c6b50eab8.jpg

Try telling a tank to take the back elevator🤣

screenshot_230704-19-09-26_1.thumb.jpg.a171966a5e8787d7e662c61463c93b93.jpg

Frostfire time! 😂😁😊🙌👍

screenshot_230704-19-10-49.thumb.jpg.234af8c042c526a9f299d0dc93b5597a.jpg

We quickly took control of the situation! 

screenshot_230704-19-10-58_1.thumb.jpg.43cfab8d7c8122e7d996cb40412d4972.jpg

It was clean up time before we knew it!
screenshot_230704-19-11-25.thumb.jpg.e7e3e86fa52379ecf6897c3077d93a5e.jpg

Thanks for the fun and the levels!  Thank for organizing Tanker Tuesday!

• Thumbs Up 1

And thanks to @Agoogala, for leading the 50+2 missions team in PI.  Full team, with several baby tanks.  Lots of dings (NUT even got one more ding to VL510) and much fun was had vanquishing wolves, hydra, clocks and even got the Babbage mission.

@Warboss was late to the party so I apologize if I mis-teamed anyone, before his arrival.  I blame @Ronin_Around, who encouraged me to start the league. 😆