Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

Nice run on the Penny Yin TF last night.  Thanks to Kilo for leading.

Question on the MSR.  Is there a recommended minimum level we should shoot for?  Excelsior is sort of a secondary spot for me and my highest level tank there is currently a level 27 Willpower.  Just seeing how much time I might need to shift over there before this rolls around. 

Question on the MSR.  Is there a recommended minimum level we should shoot for?  Excelsior is sort of a secondary spot for me and my highest level tank there is currently a level 27 Willpower.  Just seeing how much time I might need to shift over there before this rolls around.

Overall, the answer is "no". No minimum level required, just realize we'll be punching 54s, so the closer you are to 50/incarnate the longer you'll stay on your feet. That said, one thing we do need is at least two level 50s per team. So turn out and number of 50s we have available for the event will be a factor.

I'll probably be on and off Excelsior for the next few days, so feel free to drop me a line if you've got a Tanker and need some levels. I'm not 50 yet myself, but with a little effort I can probably hit that mark+ by the time the event rolls around.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

Hi all! TTT on Everlasting next week 7/16. Meet in KR by IP gate at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT, and we'll get rolling from there.

Long term PLAN, get you're Tanks as close to 50 as you can for an all Tanker MSR on Excelsior on 7/30!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

As an MSR "pro", be aware that MSR teaming and VM earnings are on a tether.

If you're too far from your team when they receive credit for a kill, you will NOT get your VM.

Basically the tether extends about to the back of the mezzanine in the bowl.

So make sure to herd everything all the way down into the bowl.

DON'T fight them up in the bombing lanes or up on the mezzanine or the ramps.

Edited by Hyperstrike

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Hi all,

We had a great time last night. We were few, but mighty!

I like to take a minute that thank everyone that comes out to our events, and also a bigger thanks to all the event organizers and team leads!

Next Tuesday we'll be visiting Lor and Co. on Everlasting, so looking forward to seeing you all there!

Hyper, thanks for input on MSRing, in general I call for the Tanks to "round the corner" when they herd. It serves two purposed, 1) helps direct the AoE stuns away from the center of the bowl, and 2) allows the mobs to actually get in range of our meleers. Alternately I suppose would could just "cruise the mother ship" and wipe it out section by section/rinse repeat (probably counter clockwise, starting with the "North" section first).

Always open to suggestions and ideas. Feel free to pitch in with ideas.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Hi all,

We're heading back on Indomitable next week, 7/23. Meet in KR by IP gate at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT, and we'll get rolling from there.

**Two weeks away, get you're Tanks as close to 50 as you can for an all Tanker MSR on Excelsior on 7/30!**

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

• 2 weeks later
On 7/16/2019 at 7:51 PM, Warboss said:

**Two weeks away, get you're Tanks as close to 50 as you can for an all Tanker MSR on Excelsior on 7/30!**

Hi all,

The previously mentioned "two weeks" is here! Head on over to Excelsior for an all Tanker MSR tonight! We'll be starting at the normal time in the normal place (King's Row at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT). We'll head en masse to RWZ from there. If we are lacking enough Tanks to form a league, then we'll run teamage as usual. But, lets shoot for the high mark (we are Tankers after all) and go for the MSR!!

See ya' there!!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

12 hours ago, Warboss said:

Hi all,

The previously mentioned "two weeks" is here! Head on over to Excelsior for an all Tanker MSR tonight! We'll be starting at the normal time in the normal place (King's Row at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT). We'll head en masse to RWZ from there. If we are lacking enough Tanks to form a league, then we'll run teamage as usual. But, lets shoot for the high mark (we are Tankers after all) and go for the MSR!!

See ya' there!!

We were few, but mighty!! Three teams in the league and we took the rikti to they're limit! Good job all!! Thanks to all who joined the event and a special thanks to all those that brought their 50s allowing us to have a great raid!

We're back on Excelsior next week for our usual first of the month TT. See you there (King's Row, by IP Gate 6pm PDT/9pm EDT).

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

The MSR was a lot of fun. Thanks for organizing and leading it, Warboss.

I'm kicking myself for forgetting to take screenshots (was in scrankerlock practically the whole time), but there were a couple moments that caught my attention (even through scrankerlock) where someone's AoE knockup power (Mass Levitate? Might Judgement?) sent a bunch of mobs flying straight up and down and it looked totally bad@ss.

Winteriel Ice/Fire/Nrg Tanker | @Scranker Global

Yeah, someone had a high target knockup that was a blast (gotta figure out what that is); there were times I was doing the knockdown attacks I have almost just for fun!  Good to see low level Tankers joining up and contributing!

I added Hybrid - Support to Polar last night after the MSR, so if we try again I can flip it on and buff everyone's DEF etc.  It'd be fun to do it again; with the number of server transfer tokens we get there's no reason we couldn't try and consolidate on one server right?  I'd be willing to transfer over and then back for a Tanker Tuesday.

Good to hear everyone had a good time I was able to finish unlocking Lore and Destiny, so more powers to come for that toon.

There have been several discussions about server transfers and TTing, and ultimately it's each player's decision. Just remember, you'll lose SG affiliation and likely WW's and private storage stuff (I'm not 100% sure on either of those). So just make sure to check things out before doing so (invite another toon into your private SG, email, trade, otherwise transfer enhs, salvage, etc...). Alternately, since we have TTs on every server now (except for Reunion, due to logistics) there's no reason not to roll a Tank on every server and join the fun!

And, speaking of Reunion... we should start talking about when we can get over there. Either a 5th Tuesday would be good, or try for a Saturday. Do we have any Reunion Tanks currently involved with TT? If so, please chime in. Your input on server population and best times for the event would be much appreciated.

I also was slow on the draw to get screenies, is the capture picture command Alt+PrintScreen (been too long since I've done it).

Thanks all, see you around Paragon!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Hmmm, that's not a bad idea.  I just started an Inv/StJ tank, I could move her to another server for TT's on that server.  Any thoughts on what might be the best second server to go to?

I need to look at the server move thing more; I'm in an SG with some friends, so it's not like the SG would go away.  I do have a few things in Wentworth's too.  But it might be that I can clean up things enough to be able to move Polar around.

1 hour ago, Sura said:

Hmmm, that's not a bad idea.  I just started an Inv/StJ tank, I could move her to another server for TT's on that server.  Any thoughts on what might be the best second server to go to?

I need to look at the server move thing more; I'm in an SG with some friends, so it's not like the SG would go away.  I do have a few things in Wentworth's too.  But it might be that I can clean up things enough to be able to move Polar around.

Here's the server order (below), and we have TankHQs on all for them (even Reunion).

We meet in King's Row, by IP Gate 6pm PDT/9pm EDT.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Since we had a 5th Tuesday, we did a special event on Excelsior. Our next TT will there as well, 8/6. So, if you wanted to create or transfer a toon to a new server, Torchbearer would be the next one in line for the event. Torch' is also my "home" server, so if you needed an invite to TankHQ or so levels I could help out. Everlasting and Indomitable are the 3rd and 4th respectively and you could either server hop, or roll new Tanks there as well (we have TankHQs everywhere).

Enjoy!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

I was on Emancipist, as a matter of introduction.

This is just a thought - but why transfer a character when you can make a new one? 

When transferring, sometimes the name you have on one server, you can't get on another. Before you transfer - make sure you can get the name you want. There's no reason why TT can't start with a bunch of lowbies on a given server each week, and resume the following month, is there? 

For example: 

All roll either the exact same or varying powersets for their tanks on each server. In lieu of DFB, go old school and clear out the sewers. Start at level 1 and come out at level 10 in Kings Row or Steel Canyon. Also - this will be a fine time for newer players to learn how to get the funds to deck out their new toon with the good procs. 

The next week, could repeat the same thing on a different server, or come up with something new. The next month, returning to the same server, when all are level 9-12, head to Perez park and street sweep. The whole street. Maybe the whole park. 

Just a thought or two. 

Good points Ukase, and good to see you at the events. I forgot to mention the name collision issue, so thanks for bringing that up. Personally I chose to go with new Tank/s on each server, but I've talked to other players that either already have multiple Tanks on one server and want to transfer that one, or have a SGs in place that will help level their toon (so they can then transfer them when they reach a desired level).

It's been awhile since the Tanks have done street clearing, I'd be up for a round of it. It's a different kind of fun for missions and TFs so maybe something to try.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

I created a non-Ice (my first non-Ice ever!) tank on Torch.  Having a great time with Inv/StJ.  Gotta say, it's very different from Ice: not nearly so many toggles and I have felt MUCH tankier MUCH quicker.  If I can make it Tuesday I'll just do Polar again, and then I can shoot for the following Torch Tanker Tuesday with this new character.

23 hours ago, Warboss said:

Good points Ukase, and good to see you at the events. I forgot to mention the name collision issue, so thanks for bringing that up. Personally I chose to go with new Tank/s on each server, but I've talked to other players that either already have multiple Tanks on one server and want to transfer that one, or have a SGs in place that will help level their toon (so they can then transfer them when they reach a desired level).

It's been awhile since the Tanks have done street clearing, I'd be up for a round of it. It's a different kind of fun for missions and TFs so maybe something to try.

We all SK/Exemp to Hazard Zone ranges and then wipe the them clean.

Also, a trip to open PvP would be entertaining.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

3 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

We all SK/Exemp to Hazard Zone ranges and then wipe the them clean.

Also, a trip to open PvP would be entertaining.

I'm good with exemping down, or even bringing a lower level toon if we decide to street sweep. What zones is everyone interested. I know Perez Park is a big one for the "skuls" badge, any others out there?

I'm not much of a PvPer, so hope we have enough experienced players to take the team leads if we go that route.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable