I did a terrible thing

Ico

20 hours ago, dmaker said:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought attuned were needed for the set benefits while exemplaring? If not, why buy attuned if I'm missing out on more than 10% of efficacy?

Purples keep set bonuses when you exemp down so there is no need to attune them as it offers no additional benefit.  

Back in the day I used to spend the time to pile up the trip mines.  Ideally I would leave several in one spot, a few more in another spot, and one "safety mine" where I planned to stand (to finish off or knock back anyone who closed to melee range).

The mini-game behind having TWO piles of trip mines was to try and blow one or more bad guys from the first pile ONTO the second pile.  When it happened it was endlessly hilarious.  A friend, also with Trip Mines, would join me and we mostly played with mines and only used blasts for stragglers.  Two Blasters, properly slotted, can put out a lot of trip Mines.

I feel an alt coming on.

Edited by Sailboat

• 2 months later
On 9/18/2019 at 3:07 PM, Ico said:

Blasters being my favorite AT, I make a lot of them. One of the ones I play lot is fire/devices. Total glass cannon, but he one-shots yellow LTs so things melt pretty quickly, and he's good with AVs and giant monsters since he's a huge accuracy bonus to go with the damage. 

Lemme guess, your toon looks like the Crazy Larry muppet...

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 9/30/2019 at 2:19 PM, Sailboat said:

Back in the day I used to spend the time to pile up the trip mines.  Ideally I would leave several in one spot, a few more in another spot, and one "safety mine" where I planned to stand (to finish off or knock back anyone who closed to melee range).

The mini-game behind having TWO piles of trip mines was to try and blow one or more bad guys from the first pile ONTO the second pile.  When it happened it was endlessly hilarious.  A friend, also with Trip Mines, would join me and we mostly played with mines and only used blasts for stragglers.  Two Blasters, properly slotted, can put out a lot of trip Mines.

I feel an alt coming on.

Oh man the memories.  Imagine what 4 to 6 AR/Dev could lay down for mines.  Imagine that in the entry and extending back down the halls what it would look like when those blasters pulled as many as they could down and into the carpet of mines (60+ mines) from some multilayer room.  Glorious carnage!

• 1 month later
On 9/19/2019 at 9:17 AM, KaizenSoze said:

Trip mines and caltrops are great on Behavioral Adjustment Facility TF. Great for stopping runners.

You can also get a bunch down around Nightstar's body while waiting for them to pull Siege.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow