Gun Drone 2.0, mixed reviews

The Godchild

On 9/29/2019 at 8:06 AM, Redlynne said:

Feels a lot like THIS ...

So funny... because it's so accurate!Β  πŸ˜„

Β 

Edited by City_of_Jedi
typo

Formerly Negative_Man on the CoH forums (I'm more positive nowadays)

Β 

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

On 9/29/2019 at 11:50 PM, Frostweaver said:

Maybe they just wanted to cripple it to balance out the rest of devices getting way more awesome?

Then they could have given it the Voltaic Sentinel treatment. Weak, but at least not mostly annoyingly so. Either way, crippling what is supposed to be a crowning power is reminiscent of the longstanding willful Blaster neglect that the current developers have been about rectifying - so it's pretty obvious they dropped the ball on this one. Here's hopingΒ they won't let another 15 years pass before they use a little time to revisit poor design decisions πŸ™‚Β Β 

• Like 1

I enjoyed using Seeker Drones from traps to absorb alpha strikes.Β  I would consider taking aΒ power like that on my blaster though I doubt it would actually get much use since that's what melee teammates are for.Β 

Β 

But without the short recharge and targeted drop location that Seeker Drones has,Β this isn't even meeting that (very tiny)Β niche.

Β 

I'd say it's a good set mule for expedient reinforcement, but I actually prefer theΒ full set of Mako's Bite which can be slotted in any number of melee power pool attacks.Β 

Β 

As it is, this is just garbage to me, althoughΒ IΒ am still enjoying my DP/Devices toon very much witihout it.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Β 

On 9/21/2019 at 5:58 AM, The Godchild said:

...oh dear god, don't even get me started onΒ the malta gun drones >.< Those things are insane damageΒ sponges...and one of the most aggressive pets, they 'will' chase you across a map without a care.

Yeah, give us oneΒ  of those!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.Β  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise!Β 

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•