How much to get power leveled?

Gravitus

18 hours ago, Gravitus said:

Back on live I used to pay someone per run to power level my alts. This was due to me not having a second gaming computer to power level my alts myself or having friends dedicated enough to the game, so my only recourse was paying someone x amount of influence per run.

Is this still a thing? Do people charge for AE farm runs ? Do it for free? What’s the norm on this?

Thanks.

Before I decided to make my own farmer, I'd make a starting offer of 20 million per run on the big troll cave map, but honestly I'd pay whatever they wanted because influence is so easy to come by. A good chunk of people will do it for free even if you offer to pay. But if they didn't want influence and I got a purple drop or something else valuable I gave it to them anyway as a thanks. While door sitting I'd either be working on a build, general web browsing, watching TV, or playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Since I finally made a farmer a few weeks ago I haven't paid or door sat on another person's farm.

36 minutes ago, Spotlore said:

Thank goodness theres always someone online to team with.  Not a fan of multi-boxing.  It seems like the practice of a player that cannot make friends.  lol  Dude, if ya want to solo in a party, Skyrim and Fallout are Bethesda games.  Look um up.  😛 

Seems like a very narrow viewpoint, IMO.

I know people that multi-box together with others.

I know people that multi-box just so they can avoid being told how to play.

I know people that multi-box to figure out encounters, test builds, test power combos.

To think the only reason is that a person multi-boxes is that they cannot make friends is ludacris, IMO.

What is with the whole 'I cannot grasp it, so it must be bad/wrong or the person involved is bad/wrong'?

Really, that's the idea put forth here, IMO...play things my way or you are doing them wrong...

What other idea is being conveyed if not that?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spotlore said:

Thank goodness theres always someone online to team with.  Not a fan of multi-boxing.  It seems like the practice of a player that cannot make friends.  lol  Dude, if ya want to solo in a party, Skyrim and Fallout are Bethesda games.  Look um up.  😛 

Playing with friends doesn't level multiple characters for me at the same time. Some people prefer this method as it can be done well as an added challenge. You don't do it nor understand it and that's fine, but please go pee in your own pool. FYI, due to an issue which started after that last patch, I can be forced to reboot when playing the game. This has made being on teams difficult. If I dual-box across two PCs, I can level characters at my own pace and not having to worry about getting dropped from teams at a decent rate, so that's what I'm doing this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Multi-boxing is possible on PC's that fairly ordinary by today's standards, so if you have 8GB+ of RAM you should have no trouble playing 2, 3, possibly more accounts simultaneously and alt-tabbing between the accounts. If you are intent on PL'ing yourself, it might be a good idea to create farming toons (usually a brute, but with the upcoming tanker changes, possibly one of those too) on your main account and at least one other account. Leveling a brute that is destined to be a farmer is fairly easy (check out the guides on these forums) and before they even reach 50 they can already start farming lightly and sometimes even AFK. After I got my first MM to 50, i created another account and lightly PL'd a brute to his late 20's. At that point, I let the brute take over and level himself and PL another brute on a 3rd account. At some point, the first brute could handle +1/x6 afk, i.e., I would enter the farming missions with both brutes and just leave them there and come back 1/2 hour later and most everything in the mish was dead. As soon as both brutes hit 50, I alternated getting them their incarnate abilities while PL'ing a 3rd brute, this time on my main account, to 50. So now I have 3 farmers (Spines/Bio, Fire/Fire and Spines/Fire) and one of them just PL'd a defender on my second account to 50 also. All in the span of a month and I now use the farmers to afk farm influence. I'll use them to PL only to recreate my old alts from Live while I play new AT's that I haven't had the pleasure to try out yet. By year's end I hope to have recreated all my favorite alts from the old days while I've created all new concept characters from the newer powersets.

• Like 3

On 9/20/2019 at 2:01 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

What about all those times you made me pay with . . . services?  If I knew I could use inf, I'd still have some dignity left.

Also: Damn, that's expensive!

I've quoted people 150 mil to run someone begging 1-50. A lot of people fail to realize that adding anyone reduces the influence and drops I get, so charging someone a reasonable amount like that is fair, otherwise they can make themselves a farmer alt.

That said I'll PL SG members and friends for free often enough.

Just now, Yomo Kimyata said:

I wanted to cap at 40, so that I have 10 on each NA server and don’t have to deal with a second page.

I’m seriously considering breaking that cap.

I keep no more than 20 on my main server, and have started shipping the rest to the other servers, where I try to limit them to 10 each.  One down, three to go. 😜

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Just a quick note if you're running multiple instances on one computer:

/maxinactivefps 5

on each instance will lower the framerate on the ones in the background to 5 frames per second. Also

/noparticles 1

will turn off lots of sparklies if you don't need them.

Edited by Belarios
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I wanted to cap at 40, so that I have 10 on each NA server and don’t have to deal with a second page.

I’m seriously considering breaking that cap.

3 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

I keep no more than 20 on my main server, and have started shipping the rest to the other servers, where I try to limit them to 10 each.  One down, three to go. 😜

Hey, I have 1,000 slots, I'mma do my best to fill them up! Even made spreadsheets of the ATs I like to play - Primary PSs down the left, Secondaries across the top - so that I can keep track of which combinations I've already done so that I can get as far as possible without duplication 🙂

Speaking of multiboxing, back on live I got this idea to roll up a set of triplet sisters with superpowers. They had identical costumes except for the colors. To get a group photo, I rolled the first sister on my main account, then created two free accounts, one for each of the other sisters. I logged in the first one on my main account, on my Mac. Then I launched two instances of the game on my Windows laptop. Once I had all three sisters logged in, I got them positioned together and managed to snap a couple screenshots before the laptop locked up because it really couldn't handle running two instances of the game.

screenshot_120605-15-25-10.thumb.jpg.e9ba7a0f093385714902f8e6bfb52219.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Belarios said:

Just a quick note if you're running multiple instances on one computer:

/maxinactivefps 5

on each instance will lower the framerate on the ones in the background to 5 frames per second. Also

/noparticles 1

will turn off lots of sparklies if you don't need them.

Will the setting revert back to normal if you reboot the instances ?

13 hours ago, Gravitus said:

I used the maxinactivefps setting back on live. It does exactly what it says. If the window is inactive (not the one you're playing in while dual boxing on the same computer) it will be at 5 FPS. Once you start doing anything in that window, training, selling, enhancing, using awakens, the FPS goes back to normal.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:21 PM, Gravitus said:

Wow I did t know you could multi box on a single pc..... this changes everything  lol 

I feel like such a Noob 

Back when the game was live, I had 3 accounts and could triple box on one pc.  I would estimate my current computer could run 6-8 accounts.

Back then, as a paying customer, I multi-boxed if I felt like it.  On this server, I do not currently multi-box.  (It is allowed, but only during low usage times.)  If this game gets licensed and moves to a subscription system, I'll probably start multi-boxing again.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

23 hours ago, Gravitus said:

If by "reboot the instances" you mean "close that instance and start a new one", then yes.

Those are temporary settings that are specific to that instance of the game.

Since they are temporary, I had them as part of a huge bindfile.  I set max fps to 35 on the main instance and maxinactivefps to 5 on the second (and sometimes third) instances.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

17 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Back on live I had the maxinactivefps as a tag on the game shortcut so it was always active. I don't recall how I did that though.

You can still set it as a launch parameter in Tequila in the options dialog.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 9/20/2019 at 1:46 PM, Spotlore said:

It’s attitudes like this that make players want to solo.

Multiboxing is really only viable for PL ‘ing an alt.  You can use some outside apps to allow double instance teaming for duoing a mission, but it’s not common.

Edited by Crysis
  • Like 3

On 9/22/2019 at 2:04 AM, Rathulfr said:

Huh, wonder why this never occurred to me. Guess I'm going to branch out to a different server once I start rolling duplicate roles / ATs. Thanks for the idea!

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

On 9/19/2019 at 4:14 PM, Gravitus said:

Back on live I used to pay someone per run to power level my alts. This was due to me not having a second gaming computer to power level my alts myself or having friends dedicated enough to the game, so my only recourse was paying someone x amount of influence per run.

Is this still a thing? Do people charge for AE farm runs ? Do it for free? What’s the norm on this?

Thanks.

You'll get grief if saying you'll pay for AE farms in global channels. Might have success in local channel in the AE building.

Likely you dont need to pay, folks are happy to help level folks up.

Oops - didn't see this wasn't a new post.. my bad.

Edited by Troo
oops

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 9/19/2019 at 6:21 PM, Gravitus said:

Wow I did t know you could multi box on a single pc..... this changes everything  lol 

I feel like such a Noob 

Depends on the computer and this is frowned upon during peak hours.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum