Nin/kin help me keep these snowflakes alive!

scran

Hello, im playing this weird combo to make the fastest ninjas ever! The fastest at dying apparently.

I'm managing to sorta keep them alive by provoking a lot... and using the 2 fear powers in presence, repel with sudden acceleration, jounin with overwelming force, smoke bombing whoever feels most suicidal and manually putting the oni on dangerous targets.  But its pretty hit and miss... specially if anything has aoe.

I could use help slotting and possibly with pool powers.  Im tankerminding for them, but mez really messes me up a lot, not to mention aoe.

I played a Ninja/Trick Arrow back before shutdown and Ninjas basically have no native/inherent survivability on their own.  They fold faster than wet origami paper without an assist from your Secondary.  You CAN slot them for bonuses to +DEF and +RES using Set IOs, but even then that won't get them even halfway towards being "sturdy" without buff and/or debuff support from your Secondary.

What kind of support?

-Recharge

-Speed

-To Hit

+Defense

+Resistance

Kinetics offers essentially NOTHING helpful in that regard.  Speed Boosted Ninjas will simply suicide faster.

One option you might want to try doing is using the Taunt powers out of the Presence Pool, for better Tankerminding in Bodyguard Mode.  Ninjas are reasonably decent so long as they're not grabbing aggro.  The thing is, almost anything can look at them funny and your Ninjas will keel over almost pre-emptively.

Bottom line ... you may want to reroll with a different Secondary.

Ninja/Force Fields will make them pretty darn sturdy by helping them get on up towards the Defense Softcap.  Natively, they're at like 7.5% and 11% Defense unsupported ... which is NOTHING as far as a protection scheme goes.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.