Binds, Macros and useful info.

Healix

I am trying to create a Macros window but I am also not finding success.

I have tried mrdead's suggestion but that didn't work.  I have also moved/closed all of my in-game windows to determine if the Macros window is hidden (before and after mrdead's suggestion) but no such luck.

Any other suggestions?

Edited for clarification- added the remark in parenthesis

First off, awesome post Healix!

You touched on this with the "Fix" macro, but could you (or anyone with the knowledge) post how to create the button macros for the action bar? I had many of these back in the day, but have forgotten how the basic format worked.

When you create the macro, it appears in an empty spot in one of your trays...just grab it and move it to the 'window'.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

Does the Macro / Bind system have a "wait" or "pause" command so that you can do a count down in chat?

I want to set up a count down in team chat for the power "Vengeance " to alert other players that its coming and they should gather close to me to be within range.

This is an example of what I am trying to do:

/macro VENG "team Vengeance in 5 seconds!$$team 5...$$pause 1$$team 4...$$pause 1$$3...$$pause 1$$team 2...$$pause 1$$team 1...$$pause 1$$powexec_name Vengeance"

Is this feasible?

• 2 weeks later

Here's some of my basic chat binds & macros for any whom want also:

/bind enter "afk Now where is that ANY Key?!?$$startchat"

/bind backspace "afk I Know the ANY Key's Here, somewhere!!$$autoreply"

/bind c "afk Coalition Confrencing!!$$beginchat /c "

/bind m "afk SG Socializing!!$$beginchat /sg "

for making a global channel bind to not only show alignment but also what server you're on:

/bind <key> beginchat /send "<channel name>" [$name - <orientation> - <server>]

ex. /bind shift+p beginchat /send "Paragon Chat" [$name - H - Indom]

Costume Emote Binds:

/cc_e 1 cclightning

Will switch you to your 2nd costume slot, using the "Lightning" costume change emote. Slots are # 0-9 if i recall correct

As part of a macro or bind:

/local ABRACADABRA!$$cc_e 1 ccPrestoChango

Other than that, the normal rules for costume changes apply.

EX. /bind 1 "say Time to unleash the Mystical Me!$$cce 0 cccast"

Macros for MM's, Enjoy:

/macro AtkP "petcom_all attack passive"

/macro FlwP "petcom_all follow passive"

/macro Stay "petcom_all stay passive"

/macro Def "petcom_all follow defensive"

/macro GoTo "petcom_all goto passive"

/macro Blitz "petcom_all goto aggressive"

HAMI-Raids: Use a macro to target your specific mito, especially if you end up on a mixed team.

/macro FIND "targetcustomnext Antibodies"

/macro FIND "targetcustomnext Mending"

/macro FIND "targetcustomnext Electrolytes"

or use FAnti, FMen & FEle as Macro names if you regularly Hami Raid & swap between targets

AFK Macros cause ya know RL does like to interrupt us when we play:

/macro <name> "<chat channel> <afk message here> $$e <emote name here> $$afk <short above head afk message here>"

ex. /macro MUG "say Ack MORE Java Do I NEED or Upon your BLOOD I do Feed!!$$e panhandle$$afk More JAVA Now!!"

This is one I especially needed back on Live cause my kids were little, though I don't need as much now, but occasionally it has it's uses & can be edited for Spouse Agro too!

/macro KID "say Ack I got Child AGR0!! Must initiate Parental Placate Power, BRB!!$$e cower$$afk Ack CHILD Agro . . . RUN!!"

Hope these are all helpful!

There is a way to create a special custom window to store your macros instead of using trays:

To get started, create a folder called customwindows in your data/ folder, and then create a text file called custom.window in there. Make sure your text editor doesn't add ".txt" at the end or it won't work.

Inside custom.window, add this text:

Code: [select]

Window Macros 0 0 200 100

Open 1

End

"Macros" is going to be the title of the window; the other numbers are position and size (which you can then alter in game, so they don't matter much). Next time you start the game, this should be in the top left corner:

8nILJoR.png

I always move mine to the right, above my insp window. It will always reset to the left when you log and you'll have to move it back.

eG6HkfN.png?1

Now you can click the "New Command" button, and that will make a new "Edit Me" button appear. Right-click it, and you can select "Edit Name" or "Edit Command" in order to customize the buttons to do whatever you want, as long as you can put it in a command.

I'm having issues with this.  I've created the custom.window file, however I can't seem to find the data/ folder.  I've tried creating a data/ folder in the City of Heroes main folder and putting the file in there but that didn't work.  I tried putting the file into the City of Heroes main folder, but that didn't work either.

Where is the data/ folder?  is there a specific file in there that I can search my computer for?

It's just a subfolder called: data

Whatever folder cityofheroes.exe is in, right-click on that parent folder chose "New" then "folder" and name that subfolder: data

I already tried that.  I added the folder (created a new data folder) and put it in the City of Heroes Folder (that's where the .exe is) and then put my custom.window file into that.  I then shut down the game and rebooted but didn't get anything.

For all of those who have been trying and obtain the macros window, issue here is that Healix did a sort of reverse engineering approach (that is how awesome Healix is ;D ), for the rest of us mortals this is the way to do it:

First: If you don't have it already, create a "data" folder in your CoH installation folder, inside of it create a "customwindows" folder, the reason you do this is because the macros window will only persist if your installation folder contains a /data/customwindows path.

Second: Go inside the game and type the command "/customwindow name" This will create a custom macro window titled with whatever you input instead of "name", which will appear in the upper left area of the screen, sometimes can be covered by the "target" window

Now that you used this command, the "custom.window" file will be created by the game itself, trying to create one ourselves as per the original post 9 out of 10 times result in failure because windows way of creating files.

The macros that you add to this window, either through using its own edit option or by dragging those that appear in your skill bars,are from then on available across all characters (I recommend doing the macros the old way then dragging them onto it, sometimes the edit tool of the window itself gets weird).

Also note that once the macros are in the macros window, you can edit the name of the buttons with a much larger amount of characters than you were able when it was merely a button (I went from fly1/2/3/4 in the buttons to two words in each for example, good for proper identifying).

Hope this has been helpful and if you feel still a bit confused let me know and I can add pics of the process, many thanks to Healix for the original post which lead me to try it and ultimately research how to make it happen for me. \o/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

For all of those who have been trying and obtain the macros window, issue here is that Healix did a sort or reverse engineering approach (that is how awesome Healix is ;D ), for the rest of us mortals this is the way to do it:

First: If you don't have it already, create a "data" folder in your CoH installation folder, inside of it create a "customwindows" folder, the reason you do this is because the macros window will only persist if your installation folder contains a /data/customwindows path.

Second: Go inside the game and type the command "/customwindow name" This will create a custom macro window titled with whatever you input instead of "name", which will appear in the upper left area of the screen, sometimes can be covered by the "target" window

Now that you used this command, the "custom.window" file will be created by the game itself, trying to create one ourselves as per the original post 9 out of 10 times result in failure because windows way of creating files.

The macros that you add to this window, either through using its own edit option or by dragging those that appear in your skill bars,are from then on available across all characters (I recommend doing the macros the old way then dragging them onto it, sometimes the edit tool of the window itself gets weird).

Also note that once the macros are in the macros window, you can edit the name of the buttons with a much larger amount of characters than you were able when it was merely a button (I went from fly1/2/3/4 in the buttons to two words in each for example, good for proper identifying).

Hope this has been helpful and if you feel still a bit confused let me know and I can add pics of the process, many thanks to Healix for the original post which lead me to try it and ultimately research how to make it happen for me. \o/

Nice Summary Albion, +1 Inf

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Many thanks justicebeliever!, honored to be able and give back a little bit of all the tips I have been given on these forums.

For all of those who have been trying and obtain the macros window, issue here is that Healix did a sort of reverse engineering approach (that is how awesome Healix is ;D ), for the rest of us mortals this is the way to do it:

So i tired that and it hasn't worked. I make the "data" and "customwindows" folders.  In game I did "/customewindow Macros" and all i got was a small box that said Macros, and nothing appeared in the folder.

edited-image_zpsrzucaynp.png

Thank you so much.  very much appreciated. 

So i tired that and it hasn't worked. I make the "data" and "customwindows" folders.  In game I did "/customewindow Macros" and all i got was a small box that said Macros, and nothing appeared in the folder.

That Macro box, if you double click it, opens it into a window where you can add/edit the macros

That being said, Albion, I followed the steps

1.) Already had a data folder (doesn't everyone?  Isn't that where the maps go?)

2.) In game typed the command /customwindow macro

3.) Got a Macro window (yeah!).  Added test macro (em none)

4.) Closed game

Challenge #1 - no custom.window file in my CoH\data folder

Challenge #2 - no macro window when I log back in...bye-bye...

What am I missing?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Two key things to check so it works properly:

1- You need to have a "data" folder in the CoH install folder (some have it already, some don't) AND inside that folder, another folder named "customwindows" which is what everyone already did.

2- You need to create some usable macros the good old way (by typing the command string,they are added as skill buttons) then drag them and use them (it is possible you have to actually use them for the game to register the window I wonder?) I went for costume changes with emotes and fly poses.

That is all I did for it to always stick on (only thing is goes back to the upper left every restart) if it keeps not working for you all I will erase the whole thing then make it again to check each step, it may be worth to note that I have saved files for all the menu options and windows configurations as to be able and load them for each char if needed,perhaps that helps too?,have not loaded any since I made the macros window however,let me know how it goes.

Edit: if bad comes to worse I can upload my file and we will see if putting it in your folder you get the window, if works it will most likely carry my crappy so far 10 basic macros but you can delete them and work on from it.

Click images to enlarge.

Where it appears every time I log in a char:

GKfmB2k.png

Where I put it:

Fnb3Kcb.png

• Like 1

Healix,got one for you.  Or whomever, I'm not picky.

I'm playing a toggle heavy tank (Dark/Staff) and looking to make a macro that will hit multiple toggles.

I know that CoH won't let you fire multiple powers with a single macro.

What I can't find is a pause or timer function in the macro/command list.

Is it possible to set up a macro that is essentially toggle1$$pause$$toggle2$$pause$$toggle3 and so on?

Well, I don't think there is a pause...I know you can toggle through the fly poses and the dance emotes, but don't remember ever seeing anyone do what you are asking. That being said, there are some REALLY smart Macromeisters here that might be able to work some magic!

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

1- You need to have a "data" folder in the CoH install folder (some have it already, some don't) AND inside that folder, another folder named "customwindows" which is what everyone already did.

It was all stuff after the "AND" that I screwed up on this step (I didn't create the customwindows folder)...It's working fine now...You earned your +1 Inf.

Sarikvaster - can you confirm just for giggles that you have Homecoming.exe and the rest of the installation in your D:\COH?

Healix,got one for you.  Or whomever, I'm not picky.

I'm playing a toggle heavy tank (Dark/Staff) and looking to make a macro that will hit multiple toggles.

I know that CoH won't let you fire multiple powers with a single macro.

What I can't find is a pause or timer function in the macro/command list.

Is it possible to set up a macro that is essentially toggle1$$pause$$toggle2$$pause$$toggle3 and so on?

There is not a pause or timer function for binds or macros...I wish...

It was all stuff after the "AND" that I screwed up on this step (I didn't create the customwindows folder)...It's working fine now...You earned your +1 Inf.

Glad you got it working! it is a really neat feature.

Thank you for this post.

The Windows reset will be awesome!

Unfortunately, I don't think flypose works with Mystic Flight :(

Flypose does indeed work with Mystic Flight. I use Flypose2 for my main.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• 2 weeks later