Are there any underrated money makers for converter crafting?

Gravitus

For a billion in 90 minutes, you'd need a bit more than 11 million a minute.  At 2.28 mill/minute for 90 minutes you'd end up with about 205 million.  Even if you got great drops and sold them you'd be hard pressed to make another 795 million.

Hmmm  . . . now I'm kinda interested in what the number would be with drops vendored or placed on market for average last 5 price and assume that it insta-sold.  Does the Farm Fresh builds data have those kinds of numbers too?

On 1/17/2020 at 7:34 AM, Murcielago said:

LOTG is making me stupid amounts of money right now. On average I'm making almost a half bn inf a week. This market is so much easier than live it isn't even fair. I have so much inf now I've had to start pulling it into my email lol. 

I've starting looking to selling the LOTG. Do you normally buy defensive recipes and craft those with the goal of converting to LOTG? Cheapest defense set recipes were going for around 1.2 million when I checked. 3-5 conversions later you get LOTG that sells for 7+ million depending on type. SO overall takes 2-2.5 million investment to make 5million profit for me. I was wondering if there was different way to approach this.

5 hours ago, Giocondi said:

I've starting looking to selling the LOTG. Do you normally buy defensive recipes and craft those with the goal of converting to LOTG? Cheapest defense set recipes were going for around 1.2 million when I checked. 3-5 conversions later you get LOTG that sells for 7+ million depending on type. SO overall takes 2-2.5 million investment to make 5 mllion profit for me. I was wondering if there was different way to approach this.

I usually buy the rare defense set, the name escapes me right now, but they average about 500k for the recipe and about 500k for the salvage and then I turn around and sell it for 5-7m depending on the enhancement that is made. 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:20 AM, Giocondi said:

I've starting looking to selling the LOTG. Do you normally buy defensive recipes and craft those with the goal of converting to LOTG? Cheapest defense set recipes were going for around 1.2 million when I checked. 3-5 conversions later you get LOTG that sells for 7+ million depending on type. SO overall takes 2-2.5 million investment to make 5million profit for me. I was wondering if there was different way to approach this.

For LOTG, the "easiest" way is to buy level 41 recipes for Reactive Defenses or Red Fortune, craft, convert.  Or you can buy them precrafted and convert.  You can also move down the chain and add lvl 31 Gift of the Ancients or Serendipity, but your conversion odds drop a lot so you will be burning more converters.

• Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

It all fluctuates.  For awhile I was buying the Achilles' Heel special recipe for half a mil, crafting (takes common and uncommon), and selling the crafted piece for 5 million plus.  The recipe has gone up, but still might be worth a look.

Edited by Tidbit
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 3:12 PM, Murcielago said:

I usually buy the rare defense set, the name escapes me right now, but they average about 500k for the recipe and about 500k for the salvage and then I turn around and sell it for 5-7m depending on the enhancement that is made. 

It’s not going to stay at 500k if you keep posting this on the forums.🤣

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

32 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

It’s not going to stay at 500k if you keep posting this on the forums.🤣

I have to think the horse is pretty much out of the barn on almost all of this.  I haven't seen much evidence of changes in market activity based on posts in this forum, so either we are not getting new readers or our ebil activity is swamped by the inertia of non-forum users.  

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

Thanks for the replies fellas. I'm still familiarizing myself with the market and working out the patterns on how to make my own way. Hearing what you guys do helps train my brain on how I should be thinking about the market and constant ebb and flow flavor of the month/week/day options. A lot of these common sense choices you folks make come from your very in depth knowledge of recipes and knowing x converts to y and takes this much salvage. I used to just farm for influence because I didn't understand the market techniques and convinced myself to just farm rather than feel like an idiot learning the ropes. Slowly getting into it and have seen first hand how the standard lvl 31 recipe converter roulette yields a much high profit for a lot less active time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Just started a new character.  Here’s how I got him to 100mm by lvl 19:

1. out of Outbreak sold the large inspirations for seed money.

2. Traded yellow salvage (bot under 500, sold over 1000) for the first few mm.  

3.  Put in lowball bids for attuned pet damage IOs and converters around 85k.  Logged off for the night.

4. Next log in converted IOs, sold them.

5. Put in bids on various attuned Preventative Medicine.  I will need a full set eventually.  The set is in good demand, some pieces more than others.  Logged off.

6.  Sold off the IOs I didn’t need for over 100% profit.  Put in more bids.  Invested in more converters and converted more of the pet damage IOs that I bought.  Invested 10mm in portable workbench.  Put in bids on lvl 21 uncommon Stun recipes.  ( Stun because they looked untouched, lvl 21 because I’m testing that level range.). Logged off.

7.  Crafted stun recipes.  Convert by uncommon until I get an interesting category or one that will convert to rare by category.  Then rare roulette.

three days by the calendar.  Well under an hour of active time.  Over 100mm in cash and probably the same in pending sales.  

This was a real half-assed effort; one can do a LOT better than this.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?