Strategy Discussion- Team Reset when getting Rolled

vegetableknife

Thought It'd be fun to start a topics on pvp strategy/situations that I've seen in kickballs/scrims and how teams seem to deal with it...if there even is a strategy.

Situation:  You team is getting rolled.  Both emps are down.  Previously dead blasters are respawing and on unaffected timers so there arent consistent spikes.  Basically, everything is out of sync.

How does the team adjust or do you keep playing hoping the tide will shift?

in kickballs its a bit harder to organise, but in scrims yeah we totally reset for 10 seconds or so waiting for respawns, sometimes its bringing the fight closer to our spawn. sometimes its evading for a while, sometimes its jumping on the roofs of outbreak for a bit etc etc. 

some of that works a lot better in smaller team sizes than larger (like 5v5's and the like). in 8's you can often get away with changing your calling strategy, depending on your team maybe youll call faster or slower, and often your target priority will shift when you are behind/ahead. emps are generally (not always) easier to kill than offence, so maybe if you are down 2 kills with 20 seconds left youll try targeting their emps, however everytime you target an emp, a blaster on their team isnt being targeted, making their offence stronger. conversely if you are ahead you almost never want to target an emp, and instead keep their offence down as much as you can to try to deny them kill potential.

at least, thats how i try to deal with it with my team, others may have very different opinions

an example of a reset:

its not a big thing, just a little break to get a bit of room. something to note is they still got a kill while we were "resetting", but they had to work for it and we managed to leave them with 1 person from our team re-spawning instead of 2

It'd be cool if there were some big group defensive powers or at least something more geared to that sort of thing.  Like, in DOTA there can be some cool comebacks by resetting and changing strategies and giving the carries room.  

Maybe having everyone still alive just roguing whatever target they are on is a viable strat lol.

More subtle, earlier resets. If you're waiting til both your emps are down and you have blasters being cycled off your spikes to adapt, you're waiting too long. It's gonna be hard to flip a hard roll unless the other team really screws something up, so ideally you notice your own mistakes early enough to prevent getting rolled hard in the first place. I haven't been scrimming since I've been away, but I did play in one scrim with my team. In one of the games we were off to a sort of rocky start, so Vinnie changed up the targeting before things got too out of hand, and it worked out. 

• 1 month later

I would LOVE that.  I think incan is such a cool power but as it stands only the alpha slot is useable in pvp (due to community pvp consensus).  I think it would open up a lot of strategy and give the healers more control of the team.  Also there a lot of PBAOE buffs that are useless as it stands right now cuz everyone is usually all over the place.