Add a smidge of +Recharge to inherent Swift?

Rathulfr

1 hour ago, Rathulfr said:

No, the simplest way (as I've pointed out), is to tack on a smidge more recharge to an existing power (such as Swift, which is thematically appropriate) that's not in the Speed pool.  Adding an auto power to the Speed pool just makes the problem worse, not better.  Everyone would simply take both that and Hasten from Speed, making Speed all the more entrenched in builds where it doesn't belong.  I'm trying to get rid of both Hasten and the Speed pool, so I can take something else (such as Combat Jumping or Stealth).

(edit) I just thought of another wacky idea that isn't quite as "free" as adding +recharge to Swift.  What if we added +5% recharge to Combat Jumping, Hover, Maneuvers, Stealth, and Weave?  That wouldn't help as much as a global 20% across the board to everyone, but it would sure help me.  LOL  😋

Sorry I can't currently agree that it should be a free pick. Nobody has a work up on just how much practical benefit it would be and or just how much power creep it would be.

Don't get me wrong I am not against the idea of a small global recharge boost. I just don't have any data on what doing that for everyone would be. My "Feeling" is that it would be very small and would likely make the early levels much more enjoyable.

I think we can all agree the Hollows without IOs and nothing but TOs wasn't much fun.

Well, small thought . . . Damage and Health both Scale by Level.  Duration of many Control Powers' Effects Scale by Level, as do protections.  I've got a feeling that there's something else I'm forgetting about that scales upward as you progress in level.

There is a precedent already set for our characters getting more powerful as we level up.  I think, at the very least, Rathulfr's (modified) idea merits testing.

• Like 1

Counter-proposal: Jump/Global Recharge proc that can be slotted in the Jump Inherent and the Jump bonus scales with level up to level, but it stops working after level 20 [similar to the five Prestige Enhancements we currently get from P2W]...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

13 minutes ago, Zepp said:

Counter-proposal: Jump/Global Recharge proc that can be slotted in the Jump Inherent and the Jump bonus scales with level up to level, but it stops working after level 20 [similar to the five Prestige Enhancements we currently get from P2W]...

Why stop at 20?  The point of my suggestion is eliminate the need for Hasten entirely in some builds, at all levels.  Eliminating the need for Hasten for the first 20 levels would be nice, but that just postpones taking it.

But I do like the idea of adding a new unique proc IO for a minor global recharge boost that could be slotted into either Swift or Jump.  That could be a way to do it without giving it away for free.  It might also be done in such a way that makes it subject to The Rule of Fives, so that it involves some trade off with other IO sets that include recharge bonuses.

Good thinking, Zepp!

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I was suggesting a proc that ends at level 20 in order to ease the early levels, the period when you need recharge the most, but it is hardest to come by...

If you had a 7.5% Global Recharge proc that is the same as the LotG proc you could then have five of those procs without having five defense abilities...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

3 hours ago, Zepp said:

I was suggesting a proc that ends at level 20 in order to ease the early levels, the period when you need recharge the most, but it is hardest to come by...

If you had a 7.5% Global Recharge proc that is the same as the LotG proc you could then have five of those procs without having five defense abilities...

That's what the rewards for the Death from Below and Drowning in Blood trials are for. Maybe we should just add a Recharge booster to those lists of rewards?