Sign in to follow this  
RialVestro

Task Force requirements removed?

I just noticed with the Lady Grey TF looking it up on Paragon Wiki that the requirements for starting the TF was a full team of 8 and a minimum level of 45.

I was able to start the TF with 2 people, one of them only being 43. I've actually recently realized I can start a TF solo... The only TFs that still seem to have requirements are in Ouroboros.

Why was this done? The difficulties weren't lowered from what I can tell. The Task Force is still a bust if you don't meet certain requirements. You can get so far cause the most difficult missions are usually toward the end. But there's no finishing the TF.

It would be great if you also removed the restriction that you can't invite more players after a TF has already started or if you made the missions easier but having everything else stay the same while removing the requirements to start the TF is like setting the player up for a suicide run.

I would actually love to be able to run a TF solo cause some times organizing other players for a TF is just a pain in the aft. I remember on live there were several times where I'd spend HOURS just trying to get a TF started. Especially if I wanted to run Lord Recluse with one of my Masterminds... everyone hated Masterminds on that SF... Whenever I did find someone willing to let me tag alone they'd just want me to sit at the door. They would rather have the Mastermind door sit than actually try to help.  With all the hours I spent standing around I would love to just be able to solo the SF myself... Unfortunately TFs are designed to be a challenge for TEAMS doing them solo is IMPOSSIBLE... So why is that even an option?

Please either make the TFs easier or put the requirements back the way they were. I'm not interested in building up debt on an impossible TF.

Think they were all changed.   A lot of TFs that means you can solo them.  Some like Lady Grey though .. 

15 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

Please either make the TFs easier or put the requirements back the way they were. I'm not interested in building up debt on an impossible TF.

Let's not?

As you said, you spent ages trying to form some TFs on Live, and if can still be super hard, especially if teh weekly is a popular/easy one at the time.

Putting TF requirements back as they were..would just bring that issue BACK? How is that good?

Also, a LOT of TFs are in fact easier when run with less. Well, easier can be relative, as a kick ass team will general destroy anything regardless but doing things solo lowers a spawn count way way down, you can also remove any Mob bosses (apart from named bosses) and any ambushes will be just for one person.

If you you tried Lady Grey (which has a few of the toughest parts in non incarnate content) with TWO people..and one wasn't even close to 50..well..wtf did you expect? Level 50 content ( because LG IS level 50 content, since it was 45-50) isnt meant to be easy, and you took someone that level..and that is your justification?

There is another thread of what task forces are soloable, and most are..with good/valid/appropiate builds. FOr instance, LG without any holds is doomed from teh beginning, no matter how awesome that single toon was.

Doing any task force without some knowlegde of what is it in, to me, is pretty silly. You could have at least taken a whole 5 seconds to ask in Help chat what it needed. Either way, how we can do TFs with less people now is a GOOD thing.

Also..lol@debt. Debt caps, and it will be gone in one mission completion bonus/

might be good to list the ones that are impossible or very hard to finish on your own though

As for easy to finish - 

Positron 1/2 

Synapse

Penelope Yin  

Citadel

Numea  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Razor Cure said:

Let's not?

As you said, you spent ages trying to form some TFs on Live, and if can still be super hard, especially if teh weekly is a popular/easy one at the time.

Putting TF requirements back as they were..would just bring that issue BACK? How is that good?

Also, a LOT of TFs are in fact easier when run with less. Well, easier can be relative, as a kick ass team will general destroy anything regardless but doing things solo lowers a spawn count way way down, you can also remove any Mob bosses (apart from named bosses) and any ambushes will be just for one person.

If you you tried Lady Grey (which has a few of the toughest parts in non incarnate content) with TWO people..and one wasn't even close to 50..well..wtf did you expect? Level 50 content ( because LG IS level 50 content, since it was 45-50) isnt meant to be easy, and you took someone that level..and that is your justification?

There is another thread of what task forces are soloable, and most are..with good/valid/appropiate builds. FOr instance, LG without any holds is doomed from teh beginning, no matter how awesome that single toon was.

Doing any task force without some knowlegde of what is it in, to me, is pretty silly. You could have at least taken a whole 5 seconds to ask in Help chat what it needed. Either way, how we can do TFs with less people now is a GOOD thing.

Also..lol@debt. Debt caps, and it will be gone in one mission completion bonus/

I'm going to have to address this in parts...

"Let's not?

Putting TF requirements back as they were..would just bring that issue BACK? How is that good?"

It's good because it prevents you from starting a suicide run. I would much rather stand around for hours trying to find teams than to run a TF that's impossible to finish.

It's not really bringing back an issue when the issue never really went away. You still need teams to do the TFs properly if you actually want to finish them. Bringing back the requirements just lets you know in game the minimum requirements for completing the TF without having to look it up online.

"Also, a LOT of TFs are in fact easier when run with less. Well, easier can be relative, as a kick ass team will general destroy anything regardless but doing things solo lowers a spawn count way way down, you can also remove any Mob bosses (apart from named bosses) and any ambushes will be just for one person."

While you're right that spawn counts will be lower you're forgetting that almost every TF has MULTIPLE AVs you have to fight. This typically requires a team because a solo player can never do enough damage to beat their regen rate. Even if scaled down to Elite Boss I often need help from at least one other player to do any damage to them. (Unless I'm playing a Scrapper or something with decent DPS.) And having multiple targets at the same time having a team is necessary.

Just as an example... Romulus has FOUR lesser Nictus with him. While you might be able to solo normal Romulus in the previous mission the Warshade version requires team strategies to beat. No one can beat him solo. It takes multiple people focusing on a single target and/or a Tank who distract the other AVs everything else always fails. I've done this on these servers and nothing has changed, one person quit and everything went to hell. That one person happen to be our only good tanker. We could of taken out the AVs one at a time, we had enough damage. The only thing we were missing was someone to keep the other four AVs off our backs.

"If you you tried Lady Grey (which has a few of the toughest parts in non incarnate content) with TWO people..and one wasn't even close to 50..well..wtf did you expect? Level 50 content ( because LG IS level 50 content, since it was 45-50) isnt meant to be easy, and you took someone that level..and that is your justification?"

By the way for clarification... I didn't say I actually attempted the Lady Grey TF with two people... I just said I COULD have. And NEITHER of us were 50. Lady Grey is 45-50, I was 45, the other person was 43. I actually made the minimum requirements to start the TF he did not. I did run the TF with him... and SIX OTHER PEOPLE... it still failed at the Hamidon part likely because Hamidon apparently always spawns at level 50. Which means this TF is actually HARDER than it should be. This is supposed to be a weakened Hamidon but I feel like an actual Hamidon raid would of been easier. I mean this is supposed to be doable for a team of 8 players from 45-50, that's why he's "weakened" for this mission but if he always spawns at 50 how is that weaker than the real one?

"There is another thread of what task forces are soloable, and most are..with good/valid/appropiate builds. FOr instance, LG without any holds is doomed from teh beginning, no matter how awesome that single toon was.

Also..lol@debt. Debt caps, and it will be gone in one mission completion bonus/"

You're kinda missing the point here. We already had a perfectly good system for knowing exactly what was needed on a TF before starting one. That system has been REMOVED from the game. That's literally the title of this thread. I'm asking why that was removed.

Why is it even possible to start a TF solo?

Why is it even possible to start a TF with low level players?

You're asking me why I would do a TF without some knowledge of the requirements? Because I played the game for seven years and in all that time TF contacts would not even let you start unless your team met the minimum requirements necessary to complete that TF. You didn't need to know the requirements because the game would automatically tell you what you needed. When the game suddenly no longer has such requirements I'm naturally going to assume that they aren't needed anymore.

And why would I ever even think to ask in help for something that is normally self explanatory. You go to the TF contact, and the contact tells you what you need. When the contact tells me, hey I can start this TF with just two people I'm going to assume I should be able to complete this TF with just two people. I'm still going to fill the team anyway. Like if I remember correctly Positron only required a team of 4 heroes of at least level 10... the old version before it was split into two TFs... I still ran with a full team just in case people quit or lost connection... cause back then when you DCed on a TF you didn't stay on that team. They fixed that in a later update. It's not as necessary as it use to be for that reason but I've still always filled teams just in case.

The main point here is that the game should not even allow such things to happen in the first place. Those minimum requirements existed to prevent such things from ever happening. I was mostly presenting a hypothetical situation which you took a bit too literally. Again, I never said I started Lady Grey with 2 people, I only said that I COULD HAVE. I should not even have than option. The game shouldn't be giving me that option unless the difficulty has been scaled down for anyone who wanted to do that.

You said it yourself. Lady Grey is basically level 50 content... so why is this even an option? The TFs should go back to being locked unless you actually meet the minimum requirements. That's why it's a good thing, because it prevents players from starting suicide runs.

I believe that Most of the TF Member Count limitations were modified during the SCoRE years to allow people to attempt some of the content Solo or in smaller groups. This was due to the same issue we have now, Low Server Population. I play at odd hours for where I play ( Reunion from 3:30 am - 6:00am GMT5 ) and have a hard time finding teams. I have run numerous Task Forces Solo and completed them with no major issues ( Burned off a Shivan here and there ) and got the badges for completing them.

I know it seems unfair that the game will let you start something out of your league, but it will also let you set your reputation to " +4 / 8 with AVs " even if your going to get creamed at that Difficulty. This was done because the Majority of the Players wanted the option Available. If you look at the previously mentioned thread I started or go to ParagonWiki and read the Write up on the taskforce. That should give you a good feel for what is doable. If not, start a Post here or in Help in Game and Someone will be able to help you.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

The reason the TF  size limits were removed is because during the Dark Years, there weren't enough overall players to reliably half-fill most of them.  Same reason they now scale down to EB if you're solo/+0 notoriety.  Lady Grey's level floor was dropped to 35 the last time it was a Weekly Target, and Posi 1 and 2 had their floors lowered to 8; other than that, I don't think any of the level floors have been changed.  Lady Grey's level floor is likely because despite the double-XP and all the other ease-of-levelling features, there aren't as many high-level characters per-capita as there were on Live.

As to 'the contact tells you what you need'....AVs are possible to kill via heavy damage alone, if the damagers are survivable enough.  AVs are possible to lock-down via enough controls despite the purple triangles.  AVs can be debuffed to kittenhood with enough of them.  It's not a matter of 'need this one thing', it's a matter of 'need more of everything else if you don't have this one thing'.  The exceptions are Lady Grey again - due to how the green mitos work, your team needs to put out approximately 8000 damage in 3 seconds to kill one without holds.  The average team is not going to be doing that, so the average team needs enough Holds to make the greens vulnerable or Hami is not dying.  The other corner-cases are the Reichsman ones -  due to how the fight in Dr. Kahn works, you NEED -Regen to drop him, period.  In Barracuda, you NEED a Mastermind or Sentinel, or you do not get a temp power needed to win.  Lady Grey, Dr. Kahn, and Barracuda don't tell you any of these things, and never did - not even on Live.

17 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

You're kinda missing the point here. We already had a perfectly good system for knowing exactly what was needed on a TF before starting one. That system has been REMOVED from the game. That's literally the title of this thread. I'm asking why that was removed.

It was not a great system. ALL it told you was the amount of players required. That was totally it. Nothing else, aside from maybe the contact saying 'oh yeah,. this is hard, maybe bring a team.'

22 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

It's good because it prevents you from starting a suicide run. I would much rather stand around for hours trying to find teams than to run a TF that's impossible to finish.

No one forced you to start it with 2, and non 50s at that. You said you played 7 years on Live, and say TFs NEED a team..and yet you considered starting with two. Yes, the info could have been better, but pretty damn obvious it was going to be a challenge, at the very least.

25 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

I mean this is supposed to be doable for a team of 8 players from 45-50, that's why he's "weakened" for this mission but if he always spawns at 50 how is that weaker than the real one?

Cause it can be killed with a team of 8? Granted, real hami could too (maybe) but it would take AGES. If your team failed here, either your team make up just wasnt cut out for hami (range/melee and holds, which anyone in help chat could have pointed out) or you weren't running at 50. ANd yes, it IS that way in a lot of TFs. The main elite bosses/avs will spawn at the max level. Since LG is max 50..pretty obvious, right?

28 minutes ago, RialVestro said:

Why is it even possible to start a TF solo?

Why is it even possible to start a TF with low level players?

Seriously? You answered this yourself. SO people dont spend hours trying to form a team. Rocket science. And you can start then with people lower than the max level because is about 100 times more flexible (and likely to happen) than everyone needing to be the max. ALso, some people view doing solo TFs as a challenge to be beaten, and yes, some have solo'd Lady Grey (and I assume ITF. I myself Duo'd an itf) and again..letting us have that option is MORE flexible.

The point is, even if you think something shouldnt be possible, someone else will want to try it, and will most likely succed. ANd the moral of the story? DO some research before trying high lvl content, even on a team.

You still get AVs in Task forces, even at +0/×1, no solo bosses, EB settings.

So bring lots of inspirations.  

5 minutes ago, Marine X said:

I know it seems unfair that the game will let you start something out of your league, but it will also let you set your reputation to " +4 / 8 with AVs " even if your going to get creamed at that Difficulty.

Unfair? Pure stupidity not to expect at least a tough challenge, even more if you DONT actually know what said content is. And with help/wikis, how hard is it too find out how tough something is likely to be?

1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

ALso, some people view doing solo TFs as a challenge to be beaten, and yes, some have solo'd Lady Grey (and I assume ITF. I myself Duo'd an itf) and again..letting us have that option is MORE flexible.

An Ice/Fire Blaster did a solo Master ITF at +4x8 settings. 

Could you actually even solo Lady Grey with that Hamidon mission?

Theoretically, yes - you'd need someone with range, melee, and at least one stackable hold.  Dark Blast Sentinel with some melee pool powers, Ice primary ranged with some melee powers, etc.  Essentially, melees can't because their holds are too long recharge to reliably stack on the greens.  Everyone else probably can but takes a specific build.

1 hour ago, Sniktch said:

The reason the TF  size limits were removed is because during the Dark Years, there weren't enough overall players to reliably half-fill most of them.  Same reason they now scale down to EB if you're solo/+0 notoriety.  Lady Grey's level floor was dropped to 35 the last time it was a Weekly Target, and Posi 1 and 2 had their floors lowered to 8; other than that, I don't think any of the level floors have been changed.  Lady Grey's level floor is likely because despite the double-XP and all the other ease-of-levelling features, there aren't as many high-level characters per-capita as there were on Live.

As to 'the contact tells you what you need'....AVs are possible to kill via heavy damage alone, if the damagers are survivable enough.  AVs are possible to lock-down via enough controls despite the purple triangles.  AVs can be debuffed to kittenhood with enough of them.  It's not a matter of 'need this one thing', it's a matter of 'need more of everything else if you don't have this one thing'.  The exceptions are Lady Grey again - due to how the green mitos work, your team needs to put out approximately 8000 damage in 3 seconds to kill one without holds.  The average team is not going to be doing that, so the average team needs enough Holds to make the greens vulnerable or Hami is not dying.  The other corner-cases are the Reichsman ones -  due to how the fight in Dr. Kahn works, you NEED -Regen to drop him, period.  In Barracuda, you NEED a Mastermind or Sentinel, or you do not get a temp power needed to win.  Lady Grey, Dr. Kahn, and Barracuda don't tell you any of these things, and never did - not even on Live.

But removing the limits is pointless without lowering the difficulty of the actual Task Force. Sure it lets you start the TF without a team but you still need a team to complete it so removing the limitations doesn't solve anything. It only creates problems. If you're going to drop the team requirements then it stands to reason that other changes must also be made to make it soloable. Like dropping extra bosses that require a team to beat.

As for the other part... What are you even talking about? The only thing it needs to tell you is the minimum level requirement and the minimum number of players you need on the team. Anything else is just strategy. There isn't just one way to complete any of those TFs. There's usually multiple strategies for every TF and what works best tends to vary depending on the team. You never NEED any specific archetypes any team will work assuming you meet the minimum requirements. It's only really when people quit mid TF and your team drops below what was required to start it that you're doomed to fail.

1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

It was not a great system. ALL it told you was the amount of players required. That was totally it. Nothing else, aside from maybe the contact saying 'oh yeah,. this is hard, maybe bring a team.'

No one forced you to start it with 2, and non 50s at that. You said you played 7 years on Live, and say TFs NEED a team..and yet you considered starting with two. Yes, the info could have been better, but pretty damn obvious it was going to be a challenge, at the very least.

Cause it can be killed with a team of 8? Granted, real hami could too (maybe) but it would take AGES. If your team failed here, either your team make up just wasnt cut out for hami (range/melee and holds, which anyone in help chat could have pointed out) or you weren't running at 50. ANd yes, it IS that way in a lot of TFs. The main elite bosses/avs will spawn at the max level. Since LG is max 50..pretty obvious, right?

Seriously? You answered this yourself. SO people dont spend hours trying to form a team. Rocket science. And you can start then with people lower than the max level because is about 100 times more flexible (and likely to happen) than everyone needing to be the max. ALso, some people view doing solo TFs as a challenge to be beaten, and yes, some have solo'd Lady Grey (and I assume ITF. I myself Duo'd an itf) and again..letting us have that option is MORE flexible.

The point is, even if you think something shouldnt be possible, someone else will want to try it, and will most likely succed. ANd the moral of the story? DO some research before trying high lvl content, even on a team.

And the minimum level required... and that was literally all you needed to know. Now it doesn't even tell you "this is hard, maybe bring a team." AND I DIDN'T START IT WITH TWO! I just noticed it was POSSIBLE to do so. Noticing that something is possible and actually doing it are two totally different things. It might be obvious to you and to me because we've played for years but imagine this from the perspective of a new player... or even someone who's just coming back to the game for the first time in years... You see a TF, there's nothing stopping you from starting it, why would you not just start the TF and see how far you can get? Back in the day when I first started playing I stupidly took the tram to one of the higher level zones because there was nothing stopping me from doing that. Instantly got killed by a purple and couldn't even leave that zone because I got killed every time I tried to leave the hospital. Now a lot of things have changed in the game since the last time I played. A change like "TFs no longer have minimum requirements" is automatically going to make me assume that TFs must have been revamped to be much easier than they use to be. There's nothing obvious here when the thing that made it obvious was removed from the game.

We were running at 45. And no it's not obvious that any AVs would spawn at 50 when we're running at 45. I don't remember that ever being a thing before. As I recall on the live server everything always scaled to the team leader's level. That would seem the most obvious. If any of this were obvious the freaking contact would of let me know that before the TF even started. Instead of removing the minimum level level requirements or dialing it back from 45 maybe it should of been raised up to 50 if the freaking AV is always going to be 50. Making a 50 the lead use to be just about ensuring that higher level characters actually got XP because it use to be that the level 46-49 range wouldn't get XP if they were exemplared to 45. It wasn't necessary for the TF because the AVs actually scaled to the leader. But now it seems you get XP no matter what level you're fighting at and the TFs actually need the leader to be 50 because nothing scales anymore. This would of been useful information to know before starting. I just don't get why the freaking contact doesn't tell you what the requirements are.

But you're still going to be spending hours trying to find a team. That hasn't changed. You still need a team to actually finish the TF. The only thing that changed is you can start the TF solo... which is useless if you can't finish it. Having a challenge is one thing, that's kind of the point of TFs... but they're designed to be a challenge FOR TEAMS. Soloing is not a challenge, it's IMPOSSIBLE. What is the point of starting a TF solo if you still need a team to do anything with it? I'm all for making TFs more flexible but they need to be made easier otherwise the ability to start it is pointless.

28 minutes ago, Moka said:

Could you actually even solo Lady Grey with that Hamidon mission?

Nope and that's why this thread exists questioning why it's possible to attempt it.

The only TFs that aren't soloable (or at least relatively soloable), are Lady Grey and Barracuda.  All of the six Task Force Commander TFs can be soloed.  ITF, MLTF, and LRSF can all be soloed.  I know people that have soloed them all.

FWIW, most TFs have always spawned AVs at the maximum level for that TF.

BTW for more context...

09/27/2011 - City of Heroes Freedom officially released, including Free users

That morning my old computer suffered the blue screen of death while trying to log into the game.

10/04/2011 - Street Justice power set released
10/20/2011 - Halloween Event 2011 began
11/02/2011 - Halloween Event 2011 ended
12/06/2011 - Titan Weapons power set released
12/13/2011 - Winter Event 2011 began

01/03/2012 - Winter Event 2011 ended
02/08/2012 - Valentine's Day Event 2012 began
02/14/2012 - Heroes and Villains Super Pack released
02/27/2012 - Valentine's Day Event 2012 ended
03/06/2012 - Issue 22 released
03/20/2012 - Beast Mastery power set released
04/17/2012 - Staff Fighting power set released
05/31/2012 - Issue 23 released
06/27/2012 - Summer Blockbuster Event 2012 began
07/10/2012 - Water Blast power set released
07/30/2012 - Summer Blockbuster Event 2012 ended
08/10/2012 - Double XP Weekend began (ended 08/12/2012)
08/13/2012 - Captain Mako Week began
08/20/2012 - Captain Mako Week ended
08/21/2012 - Nature Affinity power set released; Last build for Issue 24 released to Beta Server
08/31/2012 - Game's closure announced
09/08/2012 - Unity Rally
10/05/2012 - Summer Blockbuster Event 2012 Reprise began
10/08/2012 - Summer Blockbuster Event 2012 Reprise ended
10/18/2012 - Double XP Weekend began
10/22/2012 - Double XP Weekend ended
10/26/2012 - Halloween Event 2012 began
10/29/2012 - Halloween Event 2012 ended
11/09/2012 - Winter Event 2011 Reprise began
11/12/2012 - Winter Event 2011 Reprise ended
11/23/2012 - Rikti Invasion began
11/30/2012 - Rikti Invasion ended
11/30/2012 - Game Closed

All of this happened after I left. This is all content I'm now experiencing for the first time on Homecoming. Plus whatever changes the Homecoming team have made themselves. Since I missed so much coming back after all this time has honestly been like I'm experiencing the game as a new player again. In some ways that's a good thing. I mean some of the content does get a little bit repetitive after you've made multiple characters. But since I don't really remember a lot of the story lines anymore there's a lot more of actually experiencing the game instead of oh I did this yesterday on my alt. That still happens occasionally but nearly as often.

In other ways not being able to remember how to do something or literally doing it for the first time kinda sucks. Masterminds were my favorite archetype, I've done the key binding seven times before... ended up going to help for my beast mastermind because I couldn't remember how to do it. This is literally my 8th level 50 Mastermind and I needed help to do something I've done MULTIPLE times before. That hasn't changed and really should of been second nature at this point... pun not intended but he is a beast/nature Mastermind... so how do you expect anything about a task force that I haven't run in 8 years to be obvious? Literally the last time I did this it told you what the requirements were for the TF... now it's a guessing game.

I'd also like to mention I actually did check the wiki before starting the TF that's how I knew the level range was 45-50 and that it needed a team of 8 players. But I didn't think that mattered anymore since the game itself doesn't actually have those requirements anymore. It should still have those requirements! The only reason I happen to be looking at the wiki at all is because I was looking up TFs with alien content, I really wanted to do Twilight Son's or one of the other mender's has a Kheldian Lore TF but those ones actually do still the minimum requirements and they won't talk to me. Which is actually another indicator that hey they must of made changes to Lady Grey to make this easier... nope it's harder. Oh and those contacts actually won't tell me what the requirements are either but at least they don't give me the option to start a TF I can't finish.

I plan on attempting it again but this time making a 50 leader because apparently that's a thing now.

ParagonWiki is essentially frozen in time to the Issue 24 beta seven years ago.  Nothing new will be added nor changed.  FWIW, I didn't know that the requirements for Lady Grey TF was lowered to level 35 myself until a couple of weeks ago.  But most TFs have always had AVs that were at the maximum level of the TF.  It's one of the reasons why I always wait until I'm at least the maximum level of a TF before I run it.

It's fair that players should know what the TF size was originally intended to be. We can't expect every player to be a seasoned veteran or to have the wiki open on a second screen. That information should be available in game.

I'd suggest an extra warning that the team is considered small for the mission and it's "recommended that you have X team members or you may encounter insurmountable challenges", but not reinstating the hard membership floors. Give the players what they need so their decisions are informed ones, then if they still want to go try to solo Lord Recluse and Co., wish them good luck and send them on their way.

Personally, I built out dummy F2P accounts on Live just to get around TF restrictions without bothering other players to anchor my TFs. I've had no luck soloing AVs yet, but I love running TFs with just a single partner. We can split the TF out over several days, RP if the mood strikes us and the AV at the end is a real adrenaline rush of a challenge, not a 30 second beatdown. We don't use uber builds and haven't had to lean on temp powers yet, but the last fight in Manticore's TF really pushed us to the limit.

Edited by Yoru-hime
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s a good solution, just have a warning indicating what you’re getting into and let the player decide if they are ok with it.

3 hours ago, Kaylin said:

That’s a good solution, just have a warning indicating what you’re getting into and let the player decide if they are ok with it.

Yes, this. The same should be done for Incarnate Trials while eliminating the player requirement. 

Basically all TF's are soloable. 

@Fiery Enforcer

11 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Can Dr Q be completed Solo? 

Yes, yes it can.  I did it on a Thugs Mastermind.  After which, I never want to see the Shadow Shard again. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, it can, @Haijinx - all the Shard TFs can be soloed.  As I noted, the only truly unsolo-able TFs in the game are Barracuda and Dr. Kahn, since for Barracuda you need X number of temp powers which are allocated by the AT of participating teammates - I don't recall the exact number or composition, but I do recall more than one instance of "What, we NEED a Mastermind no matter what?", so my guess is 5 players each on a different AT, or 6 including Khelds/SoA/Widows.  Sentinels and blueside ATs are counterparted to redside ones, thus allowing cross-faction and side-switched folks to run it.

Technically, Dr. Kahn could be soloed - if not for the fact that the gun that makes Reichsman vulnerable flat-out does not have enough charges for a single player to do the job.  The one time I did that clusterfuck, a full team of 8 started, we lost 1 to RL, the Reichsman fight took literally two hours because our only source of -regen was one player's Shivans and Positron summons, and when Reichsman dropped we had ONE charge left of the gun out of 70.

Lady Grey can be soloed by someone who has either a single hold self-stackable OR a pair of holds, at least one good ranged attack, and at least one good melee attack, plus the requisite survivability.  Basically limits it to non-melee ATs, as I can't think of too many melee sets that A: have a fast enough Hold in-set and B: can justify an APP/PPP hold as well.  Heck, the only melee holds I'm 100% familiar with are Stone's Seismic Smash and SS's KO Blow - EM, ElM, Mace all use stuns, most others use Knock.  Does Ice have a melee hold that's fast-castable?

20 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Can Dr Q be completed Solo? 

Dr. Q is probably the easiest TF to solo in the game.  There's not even an EB at the end.  It's basically a long, i8 (or so) style arc with lots and lots of hunts.  If you're proficient on the geysers, it doesn't take terribly long.