Electrical Blast is bad, don't use it

DarknessEternal

On 10/9/2020 at 6:03 PM, Phigment said:

Quick question.  I was thinking of making an Elec/? blaster and one of the things that sounded sort of appealing was that in the electric blast power descriptions, it mentions the attacks can transfer some of the targets endurance back to YOU.  Is that correct?  Just thinking having some extra endurance would help with lessening any issues with running out of endurance. 

I guess the short version is:  Is the return of endurance worth trying out the set?

Fairly certain the conventional wisdom is no.  Certainly not as it stands currently and as the sole reason to try it.  I never noted it on my Elec/Fire on Live (he used blue skittles by the bucket load) and the new sustain in the secondary has so far rendered it moot here on HC.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:56 AM, Doomguide2005 said:

Fairly certain the conventional wisdom is no.  Certainly not as it stands currently and as the sole reason to try it.  I never noted it on my Elec/Fire on Live (he used blue skittles by the bucket load) and the new sustain in the secondary has so far rendered it moot here on HC.

Power Sink.

Yes it does return endurance but having an end stable build is easy so power sink will mostly be used for end draining the mobs with short circuit.

6 hours ago, Chelsea Rorec said:

Power Sink.

Yes it does return endurance but having an end stable build is easy so power sink will mostly be used for end draining the mobs with short circuit.

True, Power Sink, along with Dark Consumption and several other powers can return large amounts of endurance to the user.  They are specifically designed to do so.  The original question was specifically directed however, at Electrical Blasts chance to return some of its -endurance as a +endurance to the blasts user.  And that is what I was directing my response towards when I said the conventional wisdom was "no" and not to rely on that +end to help in any notable way.

As an aside I had a Mids build back on Live where my Elec blasts (Emp/Elec) were each 6 slotted with the last slot being a Tempest chance for end drain proc (the other 5 being either Decimation or Positron).  The build never got realized before Sunset but let us just say extreme recharge plus PBU had Short Circuit recharging in about 7 seconds with about -200% recovery and 70 end drain each usage ... not much had any end to use or recover in short order.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

True, Power Sink, along with Dark Consumption and several other powers can return large amounts of endurance to the user.  They are specifically designed to do so.  The original question was specifically directed however, at Electrical Blasts chance to return some of its -endurance as a +endurance to the blasts user.  And that is what I was directing my response towards when I said the conventional wisdom was "no" and not to rely on that +end to help in any notable way.

As an aside I had a Mids build back on Live where my Elec blasts (Emp/Elec) were each 6 slotted with the last slot being a Tempest chance for end drain proc (the other 5 being either Decimation or Positron).  The build never got realized before Sunset but let us just say extreme recharge plus PBU had Short Circuit recharging in about 7 seconds with about -200% recovery and 70 end drain each usage ... not much had any end to use or recover in short order.

Yes Electrical Blast chance for returning end is not worth slotting and any return must be none existent or so small i've never noticed.

But like i mentioned there are alternatives if you need endurance.