Another Update from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

• City Council

Hello everyone!

It’s been a month and a half since our last update, so we thought now would be an excellent time to let you all know where we’re at. Today we’re going to be talking about your wishes for the future of the game, what’s next for Homecoming, and our plans going forward.

Your Feedback
A few weeks ago we asked one simple question: What do you want to see out of a legitimate, licensed City of Heroes server?

• We’ve pored over the first 20 pages of your responses, and this is what we’ve found:
  • New and updated costume options were by far the most frequent answers
  • These were followed by new powers, and then by new content (most commonly new end-game content)
  • There’s a strong desire for us to continue updating older sets to be on-par with newer sets
  • The most popular specific request is, of course, Mastermind customisation (what else would it be?!)
  • Protection from server closure and generally ensuring that Homecoming (and your characters) stay online is very important to many of you

Issue 26, Page 3
Now for the exciting bit! We will soon™ begin public testing of Issue 26, Page 3. What is Page 3? Well, I’m glad you asked!

As we don’t have the resources of a full studio behind us, we’re going to be releasing content in smaller chunks (or.. Pages) which are bound together into larger collections / storylines (or.. Issues). Pages 1 & 2 were mainly maintenance & quality of life updates, but 3 is our first major content release. It will include:

• The Force of Will power pool
  • Two new Story Arcs with branching narratives
  • A bunch of new exploration badges

And that’s just the beginning. We’ve got a ton more in the pipeline, some of which will positively shock you.

Going Forward
Our goal, as always, remains the same: To ensure the community can continue playing the game for many years to come without fear of an imminent shut-down. We are also committed to continuing with our 100% free, not-for-profit, donation-driven model.

As part of this, we’re now collaborating not only with The Titan Network, but also the Victory and Resurgence servers, and it’s our intention to invite more servers to the table in the coming months.

We really do appreciate the community’s patience on this, and we can’t wait to share more with you when the time comes.

That’s all for today. Thank you once again for your continued faith in us!

- The Homecoming Team

PS: be on the lookout for spooky ghosts.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 28

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Jimmy pinned and featured this topic

Sounds good, but i am holding my excitement, mastermind customization however, now THAT has peaked my interest, force of will seems nice, my interest will peak more once the incarnate powers get finished and if we get some more cool powers, that being said, sounds like a step in the right direction, for now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Summerspark said:

Force of Will? What, like... Willpower?

Force of Will is a mutant centric power pool, like Sorcery is magic centric.  There are three more of them

Edited by KalSpiro
  • Like 1

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

Just now, KalSpiro said:

Force of Will is a mutant centric power pool, like Sorcery is magic centric.  There are three more of them

Makes no sense to me, surely to project your will would be a natural-based thing? Or magic. Using only your force of will doesn't sound like a mutation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Summerspark said:

Makes no sense to me, surely to project your will would be a natural-based thing? Or magic. Using only your force of will doesn't sound like a mutation.

Unless there was a ring involved to focus that will, and harness it and....oh wait.  We don't want to go there! 😉

• Haha 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 minute ago, Summerspark said:

Sounds like magic to me, but then I never did get into movies and comics much. I just like this game.

Fantastic things always seem like magic, until they can be explained by science, or natural phenomena.  So, you could go a lot of ways with it. 🙂

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!