Another Update from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

4 minutes ago, Kistulot said:

Utility belt is technology, unless you naturally grew a belt.

Gadgets was likely Technology.

Experimentation is pretty clearly Science.

That leaves Force of Will and Utility Belt to slot in for the remaining two origins, Mutation and Natural.

You can make an argument for Force of Will, but the others seem pretty clear cut in context of the other options.

• Like 1

Hey, @Jimmy, are you guys going to fix the Sorcery pool so that it either 1. Doesn't say that Translocation is going to get a new enhancement slot every time you level, or 2. Actually give an enhancement slot (or two) to Translocation?

Takehai

Global Handle @Night.Fyre

Confirmed Alt-oholic....

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

As long as it isn't in the 20 to 30 range, I am all for this.  There's already far too much content between levels 20 and 30, IMO.

Yeah, you need more content at the two end points. Every toon needs to go through those levels but some stall out in the 20's. Once you hit 50, you also need more content so you can still find things to do with your 50.

There is plenty to do in the mid levels. At least I think so.

Just now, ZemyaSoldat said:

Gadgets was likely Technology.

Experimentation is pretty clearly Science.

That leaves Force of Will and Utility Belt to slot in for the remaining two origins, Mutation and Natural.

You can make an argument for Force of Will, but the others seem pretty clear cut in context of the other options.

I mean, the best part is anyone can use whatever pool they want, but if you're gonna tell me natural heroes cant push themselves super hard utilizing a force-of-will beyond mortal ken, then you ain't thinkin heroes~ 🙂

Respectfully, of course. Like, imagine that said in a really goofy tone.

• Like 1

If you're going to be adding the extra Power Pools, I think you should allow for at least one additional Power Pool selection, and perhaps allow more wiggle-room with when powers in those power pools are available and in what order. For example, some players end up taking powers they don't need just to access the one they actually want. An example I will use is the Fighting power pool, which has two attacks in tier 1 and two toggles in tier 2, instead, there should be an attack and a defensive toggle in each tier. I suggest swapping Kick with the first toggle, so people after more defence/resistance are not forced to take an attack they don't need/want. This is just one example.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kistulot said:

I mean, the best part is anyone can use whatever pool they want, but if you're gonna tell me natural heroes cant push themselves super hard utilizing a force-of-will beyond mortal ken, then you ain't thinkin heroes~ 🙂

Respectfully, of course. Like, imagine that said in a really goofy tone.

Oh, I'm never going to argue that we can't use them however we want! I use sorcery on characters who have no hint of magic on them. I don't believe that the Legacy Devs had planned on locking them to specific origins. I will likely use Force of Will on many different characters, not just Mutants, too.

I was just pointing out, that based on the options we were given, that was probably how the different origin pools were mapped out. (And of course, there's nothing that binds us to the Legacy team's intentions anyways...)

🙂

Edited by ZemyaSoldat
  • Like 1

My reaction to added content of any kind for this game:

(breathing intensifies) Someone get me a brown paper bag.

• Haha 1

Global Handle: @Pavlovian 

Server: Everlasting

The Pavlovian (Psychic/Mental Blaster & RPer)

About Me: Geeky Gamer Wife and Mother

My Gaming Motto: "Love what you play and play what you love."

6 minutes ago, DoctorProteus said:

If you're going to be adding the extra Power Pools, I think you should allow for at least one additional Power Pool selection, and perhaps allow more wiggle-room with when powers in those power pools are available and in what order. For example, some players end up taking powers they don't need just to access the one they actually want. An example I will use is the Fighting power pool, which has two attacks in tier 1 and two toggles in tier 2, instead, there should be an attack and a defensive toggle in each tier. I suggest swapping Kick with the first toggle, so people after more defence/resistance are not forced to take an attack they don't need/want. This is just one example.

You suggest eliminating all trade-offs, in effect (affect?) a big buff.

Many of the things you point out here are designed to force these trade offs.

IMO, it's a slippery slope, especially after the huge buff Sleath just got...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Kistulot said:

Utility belt is technology, unless you naturally grew a belt.

Ah ha, Batman!  I have you now and without your utility belt to help you!

(Pulls batarang out of new utility belt)

What the!?!?!?! How?!?!?!

I'm Batman. 

Edited by Skyhawke
  • Haha 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

3 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

Ah ha, Batman!  I have you now and without your utility belt to help you!

(Pulls batarang out of new utility belt)

What the!?!?!?! How?!?!?!

I'm Batman. 

The reply would be "But, my mom's name is Martha too!".  Takes the steam right out of him.

What was no more, is REBORN!