All Plant Troller (and Dom) Team

Tahliah

Our second plant troll/dom team meetup was a blast!  Seven planters showed up, and we got everyone added to the Parks and Wreck sg for ease of connecting with one another on Tuesdays.  It turns out that people are interested in using the sg for other plantsy, parksy, wrecky types, and that's great!  Our illustrious sg leader Irresponsible Creeper put in some time to ensure we have all the necessities and a pretty sweet looking base.

So last night, one member from last week was unable to join us this time, but we had some great new and very welcome additions.  Adding new peeps always means a bit of a learning curve, but we gelled quickly and had a great time with a bit of Hollows ToT and then Frostfire.  One of my very favorite mishes in the whole game.  The nostalgia, the slippy ice, the great map, the hilarious cutscene .  . . what's not to love?  And we blazed through it . . . well, we strangled and confused and de/buffed our way through it like buttah.  So fun!

From there, we headed to Steel for Posi 1 and completed that tf in 45 mins.  It took a bit longer than it might have because we are all getting to know one another and how to work as a team, so we spent more time in early mishes than we might otherwise.  But fun!  And every single plant troll / dom was amazing in keeping the banter going, the holds and de/buffs on tap(root), and the team simply crushing it.  Oddly, the easiest part of the whole TF seemed to be the mirror phase.  We were worried we'd be confused or held by own dastardly plant powers, but we wrecked it in no time at all.

After our great success with Posi, we were off to Faultline and got started on Jim Tremblor's arc.  Yes, the dreaded and wacky Fusionetta was doing her typical aggro crazy routine, but we were totally on top of it and got through a couple mishes there before people had to start heading off in anticipation of work the next day.

We didn't get a formal "group" screenshot last night, but we have many more milestones and much more fun to have.  We are leveling like crazy and having an all-plant blast on the way to incarnate.  What's not to love?

Next Tueday at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior, we will be picking up where we left off and probably moving on to the other Faultline arcs before we outlvl the zone. 

We still have Posi 2 to do for the first badge toward the Task Force Commander accolade, and then there's Striga goodness to be had. 

Come and join the plant troll/dom fun every Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  Any level is welcome! 

As an addendum, our very own @StridingWindis having a birthday between now and our next meetup.  He's (by far) the youngest of our group (so far), so be sure to send him birthday wishes and boost his spirits since he seems to think he's old. Bwahaha.  He has no idea! 

Edited by Tahliah
typos, clarity

16 hours ago, Shoulung said:

I’m running with double xp. I figured I can still run with the group when I’m 50, and inf is better then.

Good plan, @ShoulungI was thinking I'd save the 2xp boosters for the grueling 30s and 40s when I'm so eager to get to 50 I can almost taste it!  heh

Oh, and we discussed last night how welcome a plant/kin would be as we level and beyond.  That SB end crack would be so welcome. No pressure, of course, but if you're reading this thread and think you might want to join and have a desire to run a plant/kin . . . what's stopping you?!! Hehe

3 hours ago, Tahliah said:

Oh, and we discussed last night how welcome a plant/kin would be as we level and beyond.  That SB end crack would be so welcome. No pressure, of course, but if you're reading this thread and think you might want to join and have a desire to run a plant/kin . . . what's stopping you?!! Heheto

Would certainly help my dominator. going for a permadom build, but SB makes that easier to achieve in 'pseudo' status. However, a bigger benefit would be the melee heal because I'm not sure my dom serving as alpha tank is a sustainable situation as we level up. I have no problem doing it, but unless there's some dedicated buff / heal in melee range, it's going to be rough (I think we have poison heal and storm heal only for melee at this time). The sonic shields are nice, but still need to eat an alpha before we lock down.

If we don't get some bigger buffs / heals for melee I think a better strategy is to designate an alpha Seeds thrower to go in under stealth and confuse the majority of targets. Then, I can go in with the -RES disruption bubble at melee and starting pounding with elec punches.

I'm going to have SS + stealth when I respec, so I can serve that role easily enough. And if I have permadom or pseudo permadom with kin SB, I can one-shot confuse the whole pack as an alpha strike.

Anyway, just some tactical discussion needs to be had so we're not all just hurling seeds on top of each other and the alpha tanky dom doesn't faceplant instantly. Won't be a huge issue as we get more controls like Creepers, but til then...

Oh, and I have crap for AoE damage right now, so if you all can stack damage-slotted roots while I'm up i melee to whittle the enemies down that would be awesome. Elec is pretty light on AoE til 30s. Even then, it's a cone and a small area PB AoE. I'm going fight pool as well, and will have Cross Punch which is a nice short cone. But that's it til I can get some Mu patron set.

I’m working my way towards the force of will aoe and the T5 defensive buff. I think once everyone has maneuvers going, tough/weave/sonic bubbles should be enough to help someone eat an alpha. I was actually keeping my seeds in reserve most the time for ambushes and unexpected adds. Maybe we build a two man rotation for each pack? Sadly I can’t bubble myself or I’d be happy to lead the seeds. Too bad our pets are ranged or I’d -res bubble one of them.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:21 PM, Dark Current said:

Question... is there an empowerment station in the base?

I can make a nice +20% rch boost with one if it's there.

Irresponsible Creeper added empowerment stations, so have at it!

As to the strategy, that all sounds fine, but recharge on things like confusion is pretty quick, so it's not the end of the world if we all drop confuse at once or in near proximity. 

We are a troll/dom team, and with plant, we don't need a "tank." That's kind of the point of the team, actually.  We skip the "needed" melee, taunt, dps ATs and just deal with plant troll powers.  This happens, forgive the pun, organically. 

That said, if you are into tanking and want to do that, yay!  No one's stopping you. 

As we level and need more strategy than the none we need now in our teens, we will obviously adapt, so it's great to be thinking about this!

5 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

Irresponsible Creeper added empowerment stations, so have at it!

As to the strategy, that all sounds fine, but recharge on things like confusion is pretty quick, so it's not the end of the world if we all drop confuse at once or in near proximity. 

We are a troll/dom team, and with plant, we don't need a "tank." That's kind of the point of the team, actually.  We skip the "needed" melee, taunt, dps ATs and just deal with plant troll powers.  This happens, forgive the pun, organically. 

That said, if you are into tanking and want to do that, yay!  No one's stopping you. 

As we level and need more strategy than the none we need now in our teens, we will obviously adapt, so it's great to be thinking about this!

It’s not so much that I need a tank, as that I need someone standing next to the mobs for my aoe -res toggle, which is usually a melee character of some kind.

15 minutes ago, Shoulung said:

It’s not so much that I need a tank, as that I need someone standing next to the mobs for my aoe -res toggle, which is usually a melee character of some kind.

Gotcha, @ShoulungWe're an all plant troll/dom team, so we don't have a melee toon.  The question then becomes how do we get through mobs without a traditional tank/brute/scrapper but with mad holds, confuse, debuffs?  Should we really approach mobs on an all plant troll /dom team as we might a pick up team with random abilities in which a tank or healer might be key?

Something to think about.

On 10/12/2019 at 5:26 PM, Shoulung said:

Oh, I got the melee build going. The big thing for me is eating an alpha. So to prevent having to really worry about it, I was thinking to have someone stealthy be the primary Seeds tosser. Soon as that lands, I run in and start pounding (I have 4 melee attacks now) with the -RES aura.

On 10/12/2019 at 2:45 PM, Tahliah said:

Gotcha, @ShoulungWe're an all plant troll/dom team, so we don't have a melee toon.  The question then becomes how do we get through mobs without a traditional tank/brute/scrapper but with mad holds, confuse, debuffs?  Should we really approach mobs on an all plant troll /dom team as we might a pick up team with random abilities in which a tank or healer might be key?

Something to think about.

I’m sure we’ll be fine, just takes out my biggest damage boost to the group.

Our third all plant troll/dom team night was another raging and super fun success!  We started out with five planters and then @Shoulungjoined us for the last few missions (yay!). 

We picked up where we left off in Faultline and completed Tremblor's, Yin's, and Doc's* arcs.  Along the way we came across some strange Tentacles that looked like they needed "arresting," so we obliged.

We ran into some slight trouble (read: team wipe) with Arachnos when we were ambushed from behind by quite the sizable mob of reds and purples while we were dealing with an equally sizable mob of reds and purples in front of us.  It was a super fun time; well, maybe not the team wipe part, but the part where we regrouped and showed those wily Arachnos who was truly boss. 

This time, we wrecked them in short order.  It was grand.  Perhaps the glory we experienced upon our regroup is best captured in this paraphrase from one intrepid planter: "Now I am beginning to see the potential of an all-plant team!"  Indeed.  And just wait, there are TFs and AV arcs and so much more to come!

As people had to head out in preparation for work the next morning, we decided to do a bank run.  It was a hot mess, but totally fun to see us all try to work out how everyone "did" bank runs.  Unsurprisingly, everyone has their own way to do banks/sides/badges, and when chaos ensued, it was pretty . . . well, chaotic.  But again, we prevailed.  There was no doubt that we would. 

Not wanting to get ahead of the people who had to get going for work the next day, we called it a night after that.  It was getting late, anyway, so it was a good time to call it.

Although we are a range of levels (reminder: all levels are welcome!), the ones who started on Week 1, Day 1 are now at level 22ish . . . and are very excited and anxious to get our creepers at lvl 26.

Next Tuesday, we will be picking up in Faultline where we left off (with Agent G's first mish).  Then we will be heading to Striga for some amazing fun in that zone.  Wedding bands and warwolf whistles, anyone? . . . yeah, yeah, you can buy them, but how much more fun is it to earn them the old-fashioned way in one of the best zones with some of the best arcs in the game?  On an all-plant troll/dom team?

Since our plea for a plant/kin has so far gone unanswered, I said that I would roll one and get caught up so that I can be, among other helpful goodies, the SB provider an all plant team needs to thrive when leveling.  Since I'll be supplying the "power" (i.e. endurance and recharge speed), Irresponsible Creeper thought that Power Plant would be a great name for my new plant/kin.  Alas, some genius COXer already had that name, so I "stole" it by simply adding a period at the end:  Power Plant.  Woots! 

Poor old Over Thyme will therefore be shelved for the time being, I guess, though you may see her out and about since I was really starting to dig plant/time.  Besides, who knows, maybe some interested party will decide they want to be the plant/kin hero and jump in to join our Parks and Wreck Tuesday Troll (and Dom) crew.

Anyone wishing to join us on any plant troll/dom is welcome!  Again, we meet on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  Next week, we will start in Faultline, and you can contact us ingame by sending a tell to either me @Tahliah or to @StridingWind(or to anyone else you see posting or mentioned here).  

Not counting the planters who've joined us for only one night (so far), our plant troll/dom roster includes:  Termite /nature, Spring Fury /elec, California Raisin /sonic, Passing Wind /dark, Irresponsible Creeper /poison, and Over Thyme /time (soon to be replaced with Power Plant. /kin). 

Alas, I haven't a screenie to share this week, as once again, we didn't grab one.  Next week, though, we'll make a point of it so that everyone can see us all in our gorgeous green glory.

Edited to add: *While in that Doc Delilah mission with the scaffolding outside, a bot got tossed over the side and Doc being Doc dived after him.  She was promptly killed (i.e. before I could even get down there after her).  I don't recall her ever dying in her arcs before, so I was surprised the mission didn't fail.  I was also very interested in what she would have to say to us when we called her after that mish.  She just said what she always says, no "gee, I'm all dead and can't talk to you right now" or anything.  It was a fun side note that I thought I would add since it's the first time I recall her dying in those "save Doc" missions. 

Edited by Tahliah
addendum

30 minutes ago, Shoulung said:

I’d say a /rad and/storm would both be useful for helping us where we’re currently weakest; doing damage. Getting pets will also help with that too I’m sure.

Recruit your friends for damage-spewing planters! 🙂

Generally speaking, though, damage is a problem for plants until creepers and pets (and beyond, we're plant trolls).  I was slotting Over Thyme for damage on plant, and I think that would have been great later (like with the purple sets), but we're still kind of low, and damage won't be there as if we're running all brutes or all blasters (which would bring its own set of problems).

Edited by Tahliah
typos

It’s all feeling pretty safe so far, I’ve just been having some end issues from spamming the low damage immob aoe and my two single target attacks. SB will help with recovery so that’ll be nice. I picked up the two attacks out of the willpower pool, but they still feel a bit sluggish. Think I might just feel a bit spoiled with my 50 plant/thorn dom, who cleared minions and LTs pretty easily.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:24 PM, Tahliah said:

Our third all plant troll/dom team night was another raging and super fun success!  We started out with five planters and then @Shoulungjoined us for the last few missions (yay!). 

We picked up where we left off in Faultline and completed Tremblor's, Yin's, and Doc's* arcs.  Along the way we came across some strange Tentacles that looked like they needed "arresting," so we obliged.

We ran into some slight trouble (read: team wipe) with Arachnos when we were ambushed from behind by quite the sizable mob of reds and purples while we were dealing with an equally sizable mob of reds and purples in front of us.  It was a super fun time; well, maybe not the team wipe part, but the part where we regrouped and showed those wily Arachnos who was truly boss. 

This time, we wrecked them in short order.  It was grand.  Perhaps the glory we experienced upon our regroup is best captured in this paraphrase from one intrepid planter: "Now I am beginning to see the potential of an all-plant team!"  Indeed.  And just wait, there are TFs and AV arcs and so much more to come!

As people had to head out in preparation for work the next morning, we decided to do a bank run.  It was a hot mess, but totally fun to see us all try to work out how everyone "did" bank runs.  Unsurprisingly, everyone has their own way to do banks/sides/badges, and when chaos ensued, it was pretty . . . well, chaotic.  But again, we prevailed.  There was no doubt that we would. 

Not wanting to get ahead of the people who had to get going for work the next day, we called it a night after that.  It was getting late, anyway, so it was a good time to call it.

Although we are a range of levels (reminder: all levels are welcome!), the ones who started on Week 1, Day 1 are now at level 22ish . . . and are very excited and anxious to get our creepers at lvl 26.

Next Tuesday, we will be picking up in Faultline where we left off (with Agent G's first mish).  Then we will be heading to Striga for some amazing fun in that zone.  Wedding bands and warwolf whistles, anyone? . . . yeah, yeah, you can buy them, but how much more fun is it to earn them the old-fashioned way in one of the best zones with some of the best arcs in the game?  On an all-plant troll/dom team?

Since our plea for a plant/kin has so far gone unanswered, I said that I would roll one and get caught up so that I can be, among other helpful goodies, the SB provider an all plant team needs to thrive when leveling.  Since I'll be supplying the "power" (i.e. endurance and recharge speed), Irresponsible Creeper thought that Power Plant would be a great name for my new plant/kin.  Alas, some genius COXer already had that name, so I "stole" it by simply adding a period at the end:  Power Plant.  Woots! 

Poor old Over Thyme will therefore be shelved for the time being, I guess, though you may see her out and about since I was really starting to dig plant/time.  Besides, who knows, maybe some interested party will decide they want to be the plant/kin hero and jump in to join our Parks and Wreck Tuesday Troll (and Dom) crew.

Anyone wishing to join us on any plant troll/dom is welcome!  Again, we meet on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  Next week, we will start in Faultline, and you can contact us ingame by sending a tell to either me @Tahliah or to @StridingWind(or to anyone else you see posting or mentioned here).  

Not counting the planters who've joined us for only one night (so far), our plant troll/dom roster includes:  Termite /nature, Spring Fury /elec, California Raisin /sonic, Passing Wind /dark, Irresponsible Creeper /poison, and Over Thyme /time (soon to be replaced with Power Plant. /kin). 

Alas, I haven't a screenie to share this week, as once again, we didn't grab one.  Next week, though, we'll make a point of it so that everyone can see us all in our gorgeous green glory.

Edited to add: *While in that Doc Delilah mission with the scaffolding outside, a bot got tossed over the side and Doc being Doc dived after him.  She was promptly killed (i.e. before I could even get down there after her).  I don't recall her ever dying in her arcs before, so I was surprised the mission didn't fail.  I was also very interested in what she would have to say to us when we called her after that mish.  She just said what she always says, no "gee, I'm all dead and can't talk to you right now" or anything.  It was a fun side note that I thought I would add since it's the first time I recall her dying in those "save Doc" missions. 

Maybe we should post an ad in Excelsior server forum pointing them to this super team? Could drum up some more interested folks who might not visit this forum. Maybe dominator forum also if we want to open it up to more domis.

My DPS is good, but mainly ST.  Won't be until I get into late 30s that I'll be able to add AoE to the mix.

On 10/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, Dark Current said:

Maybe we should post an ad in Excelsior server forum pointing them to this super team? Could drum up some more interested folks who might not visit this forum. Maybe dominator forum also if we want to open it up to more domis.

Sounds good, go for it!  Or anyone else can; it's all I can do to keep up with the one thread, so I won't be doing it.  I do think it's a good idea, though.  👍

On 10/15/2019 at 8:49 PM, Shoulung said:

I’m sure we’ll be fine, just takes out my biggest damage boost to the group.

Just finding this thread, sounds like a blast. I'm just picturing an entire Amazon Jungle of Carrion Creepers causing chaos galore.

But for your Plant/Sonic's -Res toggle - drop it on a Dominator. They tend to have a fair number of melee attacks and will probably be least shy about getting up close and personal.  Esp if you tell them, you're going to put the toggle on them, and if they've got Sonic bubbles up to make them much less squishy.  My Plant/Psi dominator usually lives in melee (Drain Psyche, and all...)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Just finding this thread, sounds like a blast. I'm just picturing an entire Amazon Jungle of Carrion Creepers causing chaos galore.

But for your Plant/Sonic's -Res toggle - drop it on a Dominator. They tend to have a fair number of melee attacks and will probably be least shy about getting up close and personal.  Esp if you tell them, you're going to put the toggle on them, and if they've got Sonic bubbles up to make them much less squishy.  My Plant/Psi dominator usually lives in melee (Drain Psyche, and all...)

We aren't at Creepers, but I can't wait!  We already have such beautiful greenery everywhere, and it's fantastic.  So with all of us running Creepers . . . sigh!  It will be amazing. 

Hope to see you tomorrow night!  We're still in Faultline but will head to Striga when we finish up there.